The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

EXECUTION [Daily Update] Watch me go from Freelancer To Entrepreneur

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

MaxKhalus

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
Hi everyone,

They say that writing your goals down increases the chance you take action. That's why I'm starting this daily thread. Hopefully, this will serve as inspiration for others to take action as well.

I want to introduce this quickly. My name is Max and I'm a 19-year-old freelance writer. I want to create a Saas company around gamification, which is my passion. First, I want to do eCommerce to create a cash-flow business that scales up to 6-figures per month. I will work as a freelance to fund my first FBA product.

Who Am I? I am a freelancer making 2-3K per month on average. Who do I want to be? The Ceo of a Saas company I enjoy working on. How? Freelance Writing --> Amazon FBA --> Saas. That's all you will see here.

About Execution
There won't be explanations, excuses, nor wasted words. Numbers explain themselves. I will only share the data to prove my execution. The format is detailed enough to see the progress: (yes, total transparency)

TOTAL REVENUE: ($)
TOTAL PROFITS (-16%): ($)
PROGRESS TODAY

- Today's Profits: ($)
- Work Time: (h)
- Average Rate: (Profits($)/24h)

PROGRESS THIS WEEK

- Weekly Profits: ($)
- Work Time: (h)
- Average Rate: (Profits($)/24h)

GROWTH:

Last Day's Profits: ($)
Last Week's Profits: ($)

-Compared By Day: -+%
-Compared By Week: -+%

RECORDS OF THE DAY

- Most Work Completed: <Word Number> , <Date>
- Most Profit Made: <($)> , <Date>
- Most Time Working: <(h)> , <Date>

RECORDS OF THE WEEK

- Most Work Completed: <Word Number> , <Ex: November, 1st Week>
- Most Profit Made: <($)> , <Date>
- Most Time Working: <(h)> , <Date>

Data updated in 12/27/2019

Also, feel free to check Trello for 100% detailed info.
29363Last Notes:
Final Notes:
*This is NOT a New Year Resolution.
**I am updating everyday. I am not going away.

TRELLO: Trello

Day One Is Today.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Just an idea based on this...

Who Am I? I am a freelancer making 2-3K per month on average.
Who do I want to be? The Ceo of a Saas company I enjoy working on.
How? Freelance Writing --> Amazon FBA --> Saas.

You could easily look into web design.

Combine your writing skills with some basic web skills and you got a way more valuable offer (imo). It is hard to get over 1k for writing but with a website that is a lower price.

It isn't hard to learn how to build a website in a week or two and you can at least start to offer it as an upsell. You seem to be working hard and I think a small tweak like this could get you much better results.

At least half of making a website is writing based - the copy, the client emails, the selling process.
The coding part is only a small section and is getting easier to learn all the time.

Also, it lines up well with your end goal of Saas.

Nick M.

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 13, 2018
View attachment 32339

All that work made behind the scenes... the first 100 days it never went over $200. Last two weeks, almost $1,000 (savings, not revenue). I must be faster. These daily expenses are slowing it down. Time is money.

Great that you're putting in effort every day! And tracking it!

Here are three things that could help out.

My apologies if you've moved beyond UpWork and freelance blog writing, but that's the last thing I saw in the thread, so that's where I'm going to help out.

Also, I sent three easy-entry proposals on Upwork. Over 1000w for $5. Nothing yet.

First, for reference, my first gig on UpWork for freelance writing was 7 1000-word articles for $235 (after UpWork's fee), or ~$30 per article. When I left UpWork, I was doing around $60-70 per article.

There's a lot of competition at the $5 mark because everyone thinks they need to get their foot in the door. So odds are no one will hire you, even if you're the best candidate. There's like 30 people applying!

I have no idea how good your article writing is, but simply raising your can show you're higher-quality. If I charged $100 per 1K words (which I do when I occasionally need some freelance work now), people think you're good—just because you charged a higher price. One client even said to me something along the lines of "you're too qualified for the job" because the price was too high. I actually pitched the price ~20% higher than I expected. So when I adjusted it down, I got the job.

Also, fewer people are competing at higher price points. Of course, you need to deliver higher quality for higher prices. But there isn't a huge quality jump between $20 and $50, or between $60 and $100. The difference is the clients.

Second, if you really need the cash and don't want to sell yourself as much, get onto Verblio. Clients submit articles, you write the articles, and they buy the best ones. If they don't buy yours, you can submit it to another client. It will allow you to be more proactive and earn money sooner. And by the way, there's less competition than on UpWork.

They do have a more rigorous screening process, so be prepared to wait a week.

Third, selling yourself is a good skill to have, though. In fact, my early days of learning copywriting was applying for jobs on UpWork. You probably won't get the first few you apply to, but you'll learn by trying.

But a useful tactic for learning how to write a good proposal is to look at other freelancer's proposals and portfolios. Here are the steps.
  1. Decide the type of client you want to attract
  2. Research their job postings
    1. We're just doing research, so find the ideal gigs for you
  3. Create a client account
  4. Post a job posting that mimics the type of client you want (you don't need to hire anyone)
  5. Look at the proposals you get
    1. Pay attention to the high earners. What do they say? How do they say it?
    2. Pay attention to the low earners? How do they speak differently?
    3. Pay attention to the proposals that bore you to death. Why are they so boring?
    4. Pay attention to the proposals that grab your attention. Why do they do that?
  6. Take everything you learned and use those skills to write proposals.

MaxKhalus

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
TOTAL REVENUE: $123.45
TOTAL PROFITS (-16%): $96.30

PROGRESS TODAY (Day 8):
- Today's Profits: $43.15
Work Time: 6.5h
- Average Rate: $1.80/h (24h in a day)

PROGRESS THIS WEEK (Week 2):

- Weekly Profits: $43.15
- Work Time: 6.5h
- Average Rate: $0.25/h (168h in a week)
GROWTH:
Last Day's Profits: $0.00
Last Week's Profits: $53.15

-Compared By Day: Maximum
-Compared By Week: -18.81%
RECORDS OF THE DAY
- Most Work Completed: 5040 words in 7 Orders , <Jan 3rd 2020>
- Most Profit Made: $43.15 , <Jan 3rd 2020>
- Most Time Working: 6.5h , <Jan 3rd 2020>

RECORDS OF THE WEEK
- Most Work Completed: 7000 words in 15 Orders , <December, 4th Week 2019>
- Most Profit Made: $53.15 , <December, 4th Week 2019>
- Most Time Working: 10h , <December, 4th Week 2019>
NOTES:
*The shift is almost made. I need to make $40+ and work 4-6h. I did it. And it didn't take any mindset tricks. I just started treating freelance work as I treat my workouts. I just copied the mental patterns.
**I did all this on the first site, but didn't touch the second one. I have two choices. I can keep working on the first and beat my $43 record, or I can stay around $40 and give the rest to the second site.
***Here is my new challenge. I will work until I hit $40 again. Then, I change to the 2nd site and work there until the end of the day. If the first site has a lot of orders, I'll do 2-3 orders from the 2nd one and then go back to the first. The strat won't change until I increase my rank.
****Once I complete my Objective 1 in Trello, I'll update the board with deadlines.

Data updated in 03/01/2020

Last edited:

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows from Dreams
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 14, 2013
The Underground
No earnings in Day 72... due to low order quantities.
So I spent four hours applying to dozens of freelance sites. In the end, I filtered six that may have potential (excluding Upwork). Thanks, Lex Deville for creating the Top 100 Freelance Sites List!

P.S.: I'm writing this on the morning of Day 73. I got ten assignments from an old client (worth $48). Will help to boost the ranking.

Have you considered pitching articles to media sites for pay instead of going through freelance sites?

If I started over with article writing I wouldn't go through the freelance platforms. I'd pick one or a few niches and find media sites known to pay well in those areas. Review what they already publish so you get a feel for the kind of stuff they like, then write similar stuff and pitch it to them.

Instead of 10 assignments for $48 you might get 1 article worth $50-$100 plus a lot of media sites let you link back to your own website in your bio at the end.

Nick M.

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 13, 2018
You can check my quality here on my Upwork profile. Chances are I'm ready to find high-paying clients because I spend more time writing than trying to find the right people. My mistake.

I totally agree. I looked at your profile, and it's really good. Probably in the top 90-95% I've seen on UpWork.

The only thing I would add is some portfolio items. Maybe I didn't see them because I'm not signed in, but portfolio items really make you look credible. They say you've done this before (even if you're new to the site).

There are two strategies I used on UpWork proposals regularly that practically doubled my response rate. And nobody does these, so you'll instantly stand out.
  1. If you can write fast, write the article before submitting the proposal and send it to them. Results speak louder than words. It shows your quality, that you're fast, and that you care about them. You can't copy-paste custom writing. If they don't hire you, you can always reuse the article later.
  2. Start with a short testimonial. No one does this. That will make you stand out, and other people's words are more impactful than yours.
Then the final comment about UpWork is to apply to 2-3 jobs twice a day. Many jobs lead to recurring revenue, so if you can get one, you'll likely get 10+ articles later from the same client.

As for Verblio, I guess I can reuse my already written articles, about ~100. So you suggest Verblio, Upwork? Aside from these two clients, the only experience I have come from low-rate content mills.

Verblio has a strong stance against plagiarism. So you can't use articles you've already sold to other clients. You can use articles you haven't sold.

Hope this helps.

MaxKhalus

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
What does dopamine detox mean?

Also, what's your plan for selling on Amazon?
For Dopamine Detox, visit Alex Becker's Channel, awesome content. He'll explain it better than I would.
For Amazon, my plan is launching a successful product, create a brand, and keep launching to reach 300k/mo (profit). I'm on the Fast Track (by Yaniv), a course little people know about. I've chosen two products on Amazon, but I should be between 2-5K before I buy inventory (currently at 1.2K because of the dopamine detox challenge)

MaxKhalus

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
I should correct that red number regarding to currencies. Since I hold EUR, I'm actually making money instead of losing $115. I'll correct it later: it means any numbers you see here are likely under recorded.

Here're more good needs. It's day 16 today since I cut off dopamine traps. I complete work fast before 10AM and give myself the whole day for free time. Work isn't as challenging, and I have time for everything. I also avoid thinking about work when I'm not working, so I don't spend useless energy on that. So those dopamine days seem pretty far from now, and productivity will soon start to rise (if I keep the path).

Often when I brag about what I'm doing right, I stop doing it. Hopefully, I'll be more aware this time and not let overconfidence get in the way.

Pero123

Contributor
May 31, 2020
Croatia
View attachment 34346
Here's the most recent update.

If it looks like I'm slacking, it's because I'm doing three different things at once. Glad to see things moving at least : )

I should be about to order that FBA inventory

You really have to charge more. That's way too cheap for so much content. Try pitching higher when you get new leads. You already have "stable" clients. Try to get a better client now.

Good luck. I'm following your thread. Just to let you know :D

MaxKhalus

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
- Currently focusing on recovering from last two week's losses.
- Inventory will be in production within 5 business days
- As soon as the business requires more money than I own, I can use unmentioned savings to fund it, also sacrifice most of my coding time to write more and cover the difference ASAP.

The goal is to get it going before October.
By the way, I'm going to need a few reviews for the product, US people, $10 Paypal commission each, at least ten people. If you're interested, just send me a message here and you'll be on the list once it releases :D

MaxKhalus

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
TOTAL REVENUE: $7.00
TOTAL PROFITS (-16%): $6.00
PROGRESS TODAY:
- Today's Profits: $6.00
- Work Time: 2h
- Average Rate: $0.25/h (24h in a day)

PROGRESS THIS WEEK:

- Weekly Profits: $6.00
- Average Rate: $0.03/h (168h in a week)
GROWTH:
Last Day's Profits: N/A
Last Week's Profits: N/A

-Compared By Day: N/A
-Compared By Week: N/A
RECORDS OF THE DAY
- Most Work Completed: 1400 words in 3 Orders , <December 27th 2019>
- Most Profit Made: $6.00 , <December 27th 2019>
- Most Time Working: 2h , <December 27th 2019>

RECORDS OF THE WEEK
- Most Work Completed: 1400 words in 3 Orders , <December, 4th Week 2019>
- Most Profit Made: $6.00 , <December, 4th Week 2019>
- Most Time Working: 2h , <December, 4th Week 2019>
NOTES:
*I wont use any data from previous work days. This counts as day one. There is nothing to compare yet.
**$6 For 1400 words!? Read my strategy. I am overdelivering to ensure promotions and trust in freelance websites.
*** It's time to increase work time. Production over productivity.
Data updated in 12/27/2019

MaxKhalus

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
TOTAL REVENUE: $17.50
TOTAL PROFITS (-16%): $15.00
PROGRESS TODAY (Day 2):
- Today's Profits:
$9.00
- Work Time:
2h
- Average Rate:
$0.37/h (24h in a day)

PROGRESS THIS WEEK (Week 1):

- Weekly Profits:
$15.00
-
Work Time: 4h
- Average Rate: $0.09/h (168h in a week)
GROWTH:
Last Day's Profits: $6

-Compared By Day: +50%
RECORDS OF THE DAY
- Most Work Completed: 1400 words in 3 Orders , <December 27th 2019>
- Most Profit Made: $9.00 , <December 28th 2019>

RECORDS OF THE WEEK
- Most Work Completed: 1400 words in 3 Orders , <December, 4th Week 2019>
-
Most Profit Made: $9.00 , <December, 4th Week 2019>
- Most Time Working: 2h , <December, 4th Week 2019>
NOTES:
*A day I don't get better is a day I lost. The minimal improvement I seek daily is between 50% and 20%. What do you guys think?
**I know what could work: It's easy to stay in an income level if you have done it before. I'm looking for a bigger leap tomorrow.
Data updated in 12/28/2019

MaxKhalus

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
TOTAL REVENUE: $35.00
TOTAL PROFITS (-16%):
$30.00
PROGRESS TODAY (Day 3):
- Today's Profits: $15.00
- Average Rate: $0.62/h (24h in a day)

PROGRESS THIS WEEK (Week 1):

- Weekly Profits: $30.00
- Work Time: 6h
- Average Rate: $0.18/h (168h in a week)
GROWTH:
Last Day's Profits: $9

-Compared By Day: +66%
RECORDS OF THE DAY
- Most Work Completed: 1750 words in 5 Orders , <December 29th 2019>
- Most Profit Made: $15.00 , <December 29th 2019>

RECORDS OF THE WEEK
- Most Work Completed: 4250 words in 11 Orders , <December, 4th Week 2019>
- Most Profit Made: $30.00 , <December, 4th Week 2019>
- Most Time Working: 6h , <December, 4th Week 2019>
NOTES:
*With this progression, It takes less effort to increase my work load.
**I take advantage of low work volume in this season to improve my quality.
Data updated in 12/29/2019

MaxKhalus

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
Day 24-5

I'll use this format until there are substantial changes. Right now, I need 3 articles for promotion 1, 8 for promotion 2, and 18 for the objective goal.

Today, I completed 2 articles in 3 hours. Made ~$12 which adds up a total of $300. I've kept getting the best rating and I want to increase the amount. The potential is high (even $400 a day), but daily actions are what matter.
This closes the Week with $35. Tomorrow is week 5 (5 days per week, no days off)
Needless to say, it goes slower than I thought. Whenever I won't be writing, I want to get started on the Upwork thread of Lex Deville. Who knows? I may geta 3rd active income stream.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows from Dreams
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 14, 2013
The Underground
I was thinking of ranking on freelance sites to be visible, then work on long term projects with the best clients. When pitching sites, how do you increase "conversions?" Applying is the easy part.

I need to figure out how to pitch.

Most media outlets have a contact or pitch page that lists the emails of editors or has a pitch form. With pitching you don't have to write the article first (usually). Pitch the idea. If they like it write the article.

Things they usually care about:

- Is your topic relevant for their audience?
- What is your hook (title that makes people want to read)?
- What makes you credible in that subject?
- Is it timely (i.e. an article about St. Patrick's day which is coming up)
- Did you follow their guest posting rules EXACTLY? (if not you'll get trashed)

For credibility you can use things like number of subscribers you have, readers, followers, or even names of other places you've written articles for. If you don't have much credibility, then pitch smaller blogs and outlets first. Write articles for them, then use their name as a credibility marker to attract larger media outlets.

MaxKhalus

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
Now I just need to keep this high consistency.

MaxKhalus

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 7, 2018
Spain

As for day 171 (day 13 in the challenge), I'm doing decent progress, earning ~$18 for two hours of work after expenses. But now, this recounts is bugging me. Where do expenses come from?
- Amazon Pro Subscription (~$50/mo)
- Currency exchanges. I started earning this 1K when EUR was around 0.92-0.93. I must have lost 5% of my earnings because of that (I'm counting it on USD, which is how I'll be using this money). Perhaps I should ask my client to pay in USD. This loss is ridiculous.

Meanwhile, I have another sum of $1750 which I never talked about. Some Bitcoin program 10Xed my return, but I'll keep making as if it doesn't count. That's not what this challenge is about.

MaxKhalus

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
As everything gets ready for the inventory, I've found other costs that may arise:
- Freight forwarder shipping fees(~$100)
- PPC Budget for the launch ($300-$400)
- Photographer ($100) (includes sending sample to them)
- Reviews ($120 for twelve commissions)
- Coupon code budget (~$300)
- Inventory Inspectors ($200)

My conservative number says I should rack up around $2720 by time time I decide to launch. Good news is, I only need about $1800 ready for now. The rest can wait until it ships (~1month).

Completing the launch by mid-September sounds realistic. That's still enough time before November's 2020 global crash.

Happy Monday!

MaxKhalus

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
Today, I'd like to share the article I'm currently working on. I believe many of you will find it invaluable: Mind tricks to persuade/influence/manipulate.

"Do you ever think about what you think about? Seriously. Do you consider yourself an
independent thinker?"

Attachments

• Mind Tricks Of A Manipulator.pdf
    218.1 KB · Views: 12

MaxKhalus

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
TOTAL REVENUE: $343.50
TOTAL PROFITS (-16%): $302.10
PROGRESS TODAY (Day 20-1):
- Today's Profits: $6.00
- Work Time: 4h
- Average Rate: $0.25/h (24h in a day)

PROGRESS THIS WEEK (Week 4):

- Weekly Profits: $6.00
- Work Time: 4h
- Average Rate: <$1/h (168h in a week)
GROWTH:
Last Day's Profits: $11.20
Last Week's Profits: $45.20

-Compared By Day: -47.00%
-Compared By Week: -86.73%
-Production: 11.50% (PB = $52.15)
RECORDS OF THE DAY
- Most Work Completed: 6600 words (22 articles) , <Day 12>
- Most Profit Made: $52.15, <Day 12>
- Most Time Working: 7.5h , <Day 12>

RECORDS OF THE WEEK
- Most Profit Made: $190.35 , <Week 2>
- Most Time Working: 27 h , <Week 2>
NOTES:
*Completed two articles working only on Site 2. I'm a few articles away from promotion.
**I got my account blocked and lost around $60.
Data updated in 15/01/2020

Last edited:

MaxKhalus

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
33-3 (Week 6)
I wrote one article, slightly less than 1h of work, and made $5.50. Adds up, say, $420. Here's what I've noticed.
1- Since I got the max rank, I updated my writing style. It takes more time, but the work quality is maximum: 29997
That's why I think I went from 3 articles to 1 a day, although I don't like that change.

2- Sorry, but I've been measuring my progress in a way that's completely wrong. My plan on Trello clearly explains that Stage 1 of this project is a matter of Work Ethics. It doesn't matter if I make $260 in one day. If I work to little time, I'm being lazy. So I don't need to discard the progress tables I've been using. I only need to swap money with the no.1 variable: work time. I'll keep it the priority and stop analyzing the money I make. I will still show how much I earned in total. I keep this change until I reach 2K-

For someone with responsibilities, It may seem I'm working hard. But I have low expenses and 24h of free time 95% of the days. The least I can do with my potential is to pull 12h days. And I know how to pull the trigger.

MaxKhalus

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
Day 34-4 (Week 6)
Worked for four hours on three articles and earned around $11.00. 4 Hours feel a lot better than what I did yesterday. The total money made is $430.

I rejected an offer today: 2K words, $31. The guy was new on the platform, had no previous history, and was working on a"scam advice website". I chose to protect my rating because odds were against me.

As I look for reliable clients, I do want to register for Upwork. I highly recommend Freelancers to join the Lex Deville Underground group.

MaxKhalus

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
Day 36-1 (Week 7)
Worked for one hour, made $33.00, adding $470. The client accepted the test article and wants me to continue the long-term.

Right now, there's enough stability to make $40 per day. The problem is work ethics. This requires me to write 4K words a day instead of 2K. I did it yesterday, but now I feel soreness for some reason. It's especially hard to focus on anything.

I can handle it.

Einfamilienhaus

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Feb 8, 2019
Your daily motivation is fantastic and I really like that you are honest about your earnings. No BullSh*t talk in this thread.

One question: Do you work as a fulltime freelancer? If it is so, you have definitely to find a way earn money with a monthly payment. As the
people have written above me.

You should think to scale your business smartly. Work less, deliver more quality, raise the customer satisfaction and earn more.

This is just a good advice because I have the feeling that your in rush and maybe you will miss some great long term opportunities for your success.

Keep your thread on watched.

PS Are you in Lex DeVille's Freelancer Group on Facebook? If not, join in. Many people are poor on money but most people are poor on good advices. You can ask questions directly to Lex DeVille's and he usually answers them within a few hours.

Last edited:

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Hey Fox, does this have to do with what you were saying? If so, all that's left is finding those clients. Who knows how (I will anyway). Share with me what you think / I may do next.

It is good that you worked on your own website but to be honest it isn't really needed at this stage.

Get out there right away and help a real business with a real problem. Get a family member, a friend, a network connection, a local store or business - whoever but make sure it is a real business with a real problem.

And then build them a website that solves or greatly helps with that problem.

Then go find more people with the same or similar problem and start increasing your prices.

MaxKhalus

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
Also, I've created a good upwork portfolio, 3 pages.
The only thing that sucks is that customer support takes forever to write about my first site issue. All because of a tiny stupid mistake I could avoid, now takes me weeks and lots of uncertainty.

Whatever. The world will keep on turning.

MaxKhalus

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
Woah, I thought my post updated yesterday. Never mind!
Numbers look like this...but they are fake.

On a careful checkup, they really look like that:
And there's still potential to get $416+, which would double the current amount. The total worth $412 (tomorrow).

For the grace of God (lol), customer support responded and took action. In 24h, I will know what to do next on my first site account.

So yeah. I've been underestimating my earnings. I'll update the trello board.

mindsetferg

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Apr 29, 2019
California
Woah, I thought my post updated yesterday. Never mind!
View attachment 31790
Numbers look like this...but they are fake.

On a careful checkup, they really look like that:
View attachment 31791
And there's still potential to get $416+, which would double the current amount. The total worth $412 (tomorrow).

For the grace of God (lol), customer support responded and took action. In 24h, I will know what to do next on my first site account.

So yeah. I've been underestimating my earnings. I'll update the trello board.

Have you ever read the 4 Hour Work Week? And I get the title might be unattractive to a hard working guy such as yourself who can't imagine "working less" to achieve your goals. But I assure you that is not what the book is mainly about.

It might be the book that bridges the gap between this path you're on now and speed up the leap from freelancing to building the business.

And economically, as long as you continue to lowball everyone on the freelance websites you're just going to perpetuate the process. It seems like the plan is to document and show that it is possible to go from zero to millionaire if someone follows your story. You've probably even got a product already: how to make your first $1k dollars online as an e-learning training or udemy course. If you download a screen recorder, you can explain what you are doing to secure the jobs on freelancer websites and make a course for freelancers. This way you expand the use of your time and create a product that you can leave on the shelf.

The prices you are charging are pretty absurd - but you basically have to do it to compete with the people living in India and the Phillipines whose cost of living is 10x or more lower than in Spain, for the quality of work I assume you are doing. How do you plan on competing with yourself?

Massive props to what you are doing! The fact that you document all these details every day is going to be useful later!

And how has anyone from this website not hired you to write for them yet?

I'll give you 20 bucks to either write two articles on my website www.chanceandconfidence.com or to just share your experience thus far in a "story" format.

And do you want to be on my podcast Strategic Possibilities? We can do it over the phone.

Last edited:

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
If you read the last message then you know I'm removing my courses from Udemy next month. You...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
I might join in a couple weeks. I have so many things I have to take care of and I hate to sound...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
This program helped me to triple my revenue over 7 months while also moving to a new city in the...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
PS. what do you think about the idea of setting up live Busking experiences on Air BNB? I could...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Hi Mj, I just bought it. And reading it. I think is a great idea to write using the stories to...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom