The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[Daily Update] Watch me go from Freelancer To Entrepreneur

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
Hi everyone,

They say that writing your goals down increases the chance you take action. That's why I'm starting this daily thread. Hopefully, this will serve as inspiration for others to take action as well.

I want to introduce this quickly. My name is Max and I'm a 19-year-old freelance writer. I want to create a Saas company around gamification, which is my passion. First, I want to do eCommerce to create a cash-flow business that scales up to 6-figures per month. I will work as a freelance to fund my first FBA product.

Who Am I? I am a freelancer making 2-3K per month on average. Who do I want to be? The Ceo of a Saas company I enjoy working on. How? Freelance Writing --> Amazon FBA --> Saas. That's all you will see here.

About Execution
There won't be explanations, excuses, nor wasted words. Numbers explain themselves. I will only share the data to prove my execution. The format is detailed enough to see the progress: (yes, total transparency)

TOTAL REVENUE: ($)
TOTAL PROFITS (-16%): ($)
PROGRESS TODAY

- Today's Profits: ($)
- Work Time: (h)
- Average Rate: (Profits($)/24h)

PROGRESS THIS WEEK

- Weekly Profits: ($)
- Work Time: (h)
- Average Rate: (Profits($)/24h)

GROWTH:

Last Day's Profits: ($)
Last Week's Profits: ($)

-Compared By Day: -+%
-Compared By Week: -+%

RECORDS OF THE DAY

- Most Work Completed: <Word Number> , <Date>
- Most Profit Made: <($)> , <Date>
- Most Time Working: <(h)> , <Date>

RECORDS OF THE WEEK

- Most Work Completed: <Word Number> , <Ex: November, 1st Week>
- Most Profit Made: <($)> , <Date>
- Most Time Working: <(h)> , <Date>

Data updated in 12/27/2019

Also, feel free to check Trello for 100% detailed info.
29363Last Notes:
Final Notes:
*This is NOT a New Year Resolution.
**I am updating everyday. I am not going away.

TRELLO: Trello

Day One Is Today.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
So, I made a pretty cool plan for 2021 in like 2 hours. It's more or less speciffic (except for the daily and weekly objectives which I'll break down later). Let's get into it.

The goal for 2021 is: earning money passively (and joyfully) and start working on a passion project ("game" dev mostly)

Requirements:

• Every month (and week) must have a purpose
  • Making money shouldn't take most of my time. It should be a habit that takes, at most, 4h per day
But before we start with goals, let's give some context on 2020...

2020 Baseline:
- I have enough writer work to consistently deliver 2500 words a day at 3.5 cents per word (~$2.5K per month)
- I live in my parents' basement, even though I cover my living expenses at the same time
- I have a decent product on Amazon gathering reviews right now. My first (potentially successful) FBA product
- I've found an investment fund that offers 20% returns per month
- I have a rough plan for the game dev idea, and I've learned to code this year
- I paid back all my debt this month (and got a high-end laptop for work)

2020.png

That may already give you an idea of this year's goals.

AREAS OF FOCUS:
  1. WRITING is my main active income stream
  2. AMAZON is my main business model
  3. INVESTING is a possibility to earn passive income from unused money
  4. CODING is my passion project
In 2021, I want to spend most of the time on Number 4. Number 3 and 2 are passive, and Number 1 is easy when it becomes a habit (I've been writing for over 2 years).

This year, I no longer have the urge to save money for anything. I can be more relaxed with my saving/ active earning.

Let's go one by one:

1. WRITING
cover.png

- I want to master the following routine:

1. Research 1h-1.5h before bed for 1h
  2. As soon as I wake up, write for ~2-3h and earn $70 from 2000 words
  3. That makes ~$2K per month, which is $1.5K saved after spending $500 on living expenses
- I'm now able to move to my own place. Where? How? When? That's undefined for the moment. But once that happens (this 2021 for sure), I'll do the following:
  1. Research 1h-1.5h before bed for 1h
  2. As soon as I wake up, write for ~3h and earn $85 from 2500 words
  3. That makes ~$2.5K per month, which is $750 saved after $1500 on living expenses
I expect to live comfortably with $1.5K per month. I don't commute, don't eat out, and don't buy stuff other than investments and basic needs. I guess most of the money will go for high-speed Internet. This excludes monthly subscriptions related to business.

In short, I'm happy with my progress in writing, and I'll use it to fund my lifestyle and businesses.

2. AMAZON
wp3144921.png

a. I want to make $30K profit per month passively
, which sounds realistic. And if that doesn't happen,
b. I want to launch three successful products this new year (including the current one) and optimize them

GOALComplete P1 launchFind & Ship P2Launch P2 & find P3Launch P3
DEADLINEQ1 BeginningQ2 BeginningQ3 BeginningEnd of Q4

Once you do the first product, replicating the others is very mechanic. So there's no need to give much detail on this process.

3. INVESTING
do3FMUuf4LwHsc9KQuXpuEo9Fi8sCCsm7xxw2eoMTNke3VV9GfGRPj4VsdtpBrJsqb041M8pB0UCqPAXWjapeVg2TuxDVaBbq053uwFFDrIQRvO9sa5XURwsBn4skaXEagg7J0cK

- I want to invest at least $2K in that program
this year. But if it stops working at some point, I'll retire the funds and just save them
- I want to dedicate $500 of my monthly savings to it (leaves me with $1K per month). And if I move to a new place, it will be $400 instead ($350 per month left)

20%ROI per month for giving a guy your money? I know it sounds sketchy, but I've done this last year and it worked well. This saved money doesn't have much purpose, so I don't mind losing it. Better than keeping it on a bank acccount.

4. CODING
NRb37z.jpg

Here's a rough idea of what I'll be doing:

Q1: Finish the game dev concept and code all the basic blueprints (stuff I'll be using for the whole year)
Q2: Code ALL the features to end up with a full game prototype (basic assets)
Q3: Add ALL the content libraries: sound effects, music, images, avatars, stylish UI, animations...
Q4: Polish the project, share, fix bugs, and test

Do you know those "gamification apps" that try to turn productivity into a game? I want to do the opposite: "workify games." I want to create a game (residually-generated RPG because it's full of content and strategy) and then turn it into a productivity tool.

I don't plan to sell this, so if it launches, most of it will be free.

Final Remarks:
- If I accomplish a quarterly goal with extra time, my reward is taking vacations for the rest of the quarter. (But I'll prepare for the next one first)
- If something happens to my writing career, I can find more clients. Or I can use the saved money to pay for the stuff
- As soon as I reach $5K/month passively, I'm hiring a cleaner. When I reach $10K, I'm hiring a cook and a VA.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Those who know me know it. This isn't some guy talking of bullshit he'll abandon later. I've spent a whole year on the progress thread, even though I accomplished less than expected. These goals are REAL, achievable, and worth every minute.

Possibly, I'll follow up with a detailed weekly plan. Let me know If you'd like that. Also, any suggestions for this? And what are your 2021 goals?

2020-12-20 12_42_41-welcome 2021 - Google Search.png

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Just an idea based on this...

Who Am I? I am a freelancer making 2-3K per month on average.
Who do I want to be? The Ceo of a Saas company I enjoy working on.
How? Freelance Writing --> Amazon FBA --> Saas.

You could easily look into web design.

Combine your writing skills with some basic web skills and you got a way more valuable offer (imo). It is hard to get over 1k for writing but with a website that is a lower price.

It isn't hard to learn how to build a website in a week or two and you can at least start to offer it as an upsell. You seem to be working hard and I think a small tweak like this could get you much better results.

At least half of making a website is writing based - the copy, the client emails, the selling process.
The coding part is only a small section and is getting easier to learn all the time.

Also, it lines up well with your end goal of Saas.

Nick M.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jul 13, 2018
View attachment 32339

All that work made behind the scenes... the first 100 days it never went over $200. Last two weeks, almost $1,000 (savings, not revenue). I must be faster. These daily expenses are slowing it down. Time is money.

Great that you're putting in effort every day! And tracking it!

Here are three things that could help out.

My apologies if you've moved beyond UpWork and freelance blog writing, but that's the last thing I saw in the thread, so that's where I'm going to help out.

Also, I sent three easy-entry proposals on Upwork. Over 1000w for $5. Nothing yet.

First, for reference, my first gig on UpWork for freelance writing was 7 1000-word articles for $235 (after UpWork's fee), or ~$30 per article. When I left UpWork, I was doing around $60-70 per article.

There's a lot of competition at the $5 mark because everyone thinks they need to get their foot in the door. So odds are no one will hire you, even if you're the best candidate. There's like 30 people applying!

I have no idea how good your article writing is, but simply raising your can show you're higher-quality. If I charged $100 per 1K words (which I do when I occasionally need some freelance work now), people think you're good—just because you charged a higher price. One client even said to me something along the lines of "you're too qualified for the job" because the price was too high. I actually pitched the price ~20% higher than I expected. So when I adjusted it down, I got the job.

Also, fewer people are competing at higher price points. Of course, you need to deliver higher quality for higher prices. But there isn't a huge quality jump between $20 and $50, or between $60 and $100. The difference is the clients.

Second, if you really need the cash and don't want to sell yourself as much, get onto Verblio. Clients submit articles, you write the articles, and they buy the best ones. If they don't buy yours, you can submit it to another client. It will allow you to be more proactive and earn money sooner. And by the way, there's less competition than on UpWork.

They do have a more rigorous screening process, so be prepared to wait a week.

Third, selling yourself is a good skill to have, though. In fact, my early days of learning copywriting was applying for jobs on UpWork. You probably won't get the first few you apply to, but you'll learn by trying.

But a useful tactic for learning how to write a good proposal is to look at other freelancer's proposals and portfolios. Here are the steps.
  1. Decide the type of client you want to attract
  2. Research their job postings
    1. We're just doing research, so find the ideal gigs for you
  3. Create a client account
  4. Post a job posting that mimics the type of client you want (you don't need to hire anyone)
  5. Look at the proposals you get
    1. Pay attention to the high earners. What do they say? How do they say it?
    2. Pay attention to the low earners? How do they speak differently?
    3. Pay attention to the proposals that bore you to death. Why are they so boring?
    4. Pay attention to the proposals that grab your attention. Why do they do that?
  6. Take everything you learned and use those skills to write proposals.

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
TOTAL REVENUE: $123.45
TOTAL PROFITS (-16%): $96.30

PROGRESS TODAY (Day 8):
- Today's Profits: $43.15
Work Time: 6.5h
- Average Rate: $1.80/h (24h in a day)

PROGRESS THIS WEEK (Week 2):

- Weekly Profits: $43.15
- Work Time: 6.5h
- Average Rate: $0.25/h (168h in a week)
GROWTH:
Last Day's Profits: $0.00
Last Week's Profits: $53.15

-Compared By Day: Maximum
-Compared By Week: -18.81%
RECORDS OF THE DAY
- Most Work Completed: 5040 words in 7 Orders , <Jan 3rd 2020>
- Most Profit Made: $43.15 , <Jan 3rd 2020>
- Most Time Working: 6.5h , <Jan 3rd 2020>

RECORDS OF THE WEEK
- Most Work Completed: 7000 words in 15 Orders , <December, 4th Week 2019>
- Most Profit Made: $53.15 , <December, 4th Week 2019>
- Most Time Working: 10h , <December, 4th Week 2019>
NOTES:
*The shift is almost made. I need to make $40+ and work 4-6h. I did it. And it didn't take any mindset tricks. I just started treating freelance work as I treat my workouts. I just copied the mental patterns.
**I did all this on the first site, but didn't touch the second one. I have two choices. I can keep working on the first and beat my $43 record, or I can stay around $40 and give the rest to the second site.
***Here is my new challenge. I will work until I hit $40 again. Then, I change to the 2nd site and work there until the end of the day. If the first site has a lot of orders, I'll do 2-3 orders from the 2nd one and then go back to the first. The strat won't change until I increase my rank.
****Once I complete my Objective 1 in Trello, I'll update the board with deadlines.

Data updated in 03/01/2020

Last edited:

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
598%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
No earnings in Day 72... due to low order quantities.
So I spent four hours applying to dozens of freelance sites. In the end, I filtered six that may have potential (excluding Upwork). Thanks, Lex Deville for creating the Top 100 Freelance Sites List!

P.S.: I'm writing this on the morning of Day 73. I got ten assignments from an old client (worth $48). Will help to boost the ranking.

Have you considered pitching articles to media sites for pay instead of going through freelance sites?

If I started over with article writing I wouldn't go through the freelance platforms. I'd pick one or a few niches and find media sites known to pay well in those areas. Review what they already publish so you get a feel for the kind of stuff they like, then write similar stuff and pitch it to them.

Instead of 10 assignments for $48 you might get 1 article worth $50-$100 plus a lot of media sites let you link back to your own website in your bio at the end.

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
TOTAL REVENUE: $7.00
TOTAL PROFITS (-16%): $6.00
PROGRESS TODAY:
- Today's Profits: $6.00
- Work Time: 2h
- Average Rate: $0.25/h (24h in a day)

PROGRESS THIS WEEK:

- Weekly Profits: $6.00
- Average Rate: $0.03/h (168h in a week)
GROWTH:
Last Day's Profits: N/A
Last Week's Profits: N/A

-Compared By Day: N/A
-Compared By Week: N/A
RECORDS OF THE DAY
- Most Work Completed: 1400 words in 3 Orders , <December 27th 2019>
- Most Profit Made: $6.00 , <December 27th 2019>
- Most Time Working: 2h , <December 27th 2019>

RECORDS OF THE WEEK
- Most Work Completed: 1400 words in 3 Orders , <December, 4th Week 2019>
- Most Profit Made: $6.00 , <December, 4th Week 2019>
- Most Time Working: 2h , <December, 4th Week 2019>
NOTES:
*I wont use any data from previous work days. This counts as day one. There is nothing to compare yet.
**$6 For 1400 words!? Read my strategy. I am overdelivering to ensure promotions and trust in freelance websites.
*** It's time to increase work time. Production over productivity.
Data updated in 12/27/2019

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
TOTAL REVENUE: $17.50
TOTAL PROFITS (-16%): $15.00
PROGRESS TODAY (Day 2):
- Today's Profits:
$9.00
- Work Time:
2h
- Average Rate:
$0.37/h (24h in a day)

PROGRESS THIS WEEK (Week 1):

- Weekly Profits:
$15.00
-
Work Time: 4h
- Average Rate: $0.09/h (168h in a week)
GROWTH:
Last Day's Profits: $6

-Compared By Day: +50%
RECORDS OF THE DAY
- Most Work Completed: 1400 words in 3 Orders , <December 27th 2019>
- Most Profit Made: $9.00 , <December 28th 2019>

RECORDS OF THE WEEK
- Most Work Completed: 1400 words in 3 Orders , <December, 4th Week 2019>
-
Most Profit Made: $9.00 , <December, 4th Week 2019>
- Most Time Working: 2h , <December, 4th Week 2019>
NOTES:
*A day I don't get better is a day I lost. The minimal improvement I seek daily is between 50% and 20%. What do you guys think?
**I know what could work: It's easy to stay in an income level if you have done it before. I'm looking for a bigger leap tomorrow.
Data updated in 12/28/2019

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
TOTAL REVENUE: $35.00
TOTAL PROFITS (-16%):
$30.00
PROGRESS TODAY (Day 3):
- Today's Profits: $15.00
- Average Rate: $0.62/h (24h in a day)

PROGRESS THIS WEEK (Week 1):

- Weekly Profits: $30.00
- Work Time: 6h
- Average Rate: $0.18/h (168h in a week)
GROWTH:
Last Day's Profits: $9

-Compared By Day: +66%
RECORDS OF THE DAY
- Most Work Completed: 1750 words in 5 Orders , <December 29th 2019>
- Most Profit Made: $15.00 , <December 29th 2019>

RECORDS OF THE WEEK
- Most Work Completed: 4250 words in 11 Orders , <December, 4th Week 2019>
- Most Profit Made: $30.00 , <December, 4th Week 2019>
- Most Time Working: 6h , <December, 4th Week 2019>
NOTES:
*With this progression, It takes less effort to increase my work load.
**I take advantage of low work volume in this season to improve my quality.
Data updated in 12/29/2019

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
Day 24-5

I'll use this format until there are substantial changes. Right now, I need 3 articles for promotion 1, 8 for promotion 2, and 18 for the objective goal.

Today, I completed 2 articles in 3 hours. Made ~$12 which adds up a total of $300. I've kept getting the best rating and I want to increase the amount. The potential is high (even $400 a day), but daily actions are what matter.
This closes the Week with $35. Tomorrow is week 5 (5 days per week, no days off)
Needless to say, it goes slower than I thought. Whenever I won't be writing, I want to get started on the Upwork thread of Lex Deville. Who knows? I may geta 3rd active income stream.

Nick M.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jul 13, 2018
You can check my quality here on my Upwork profile. Chances are I'm ready to find high-paying clients because I spend more time writing than trying to find the right people. My mistake.

I totally agree. I looked at your profile, and it's really good. Probably in the top 90-95% I've seen on UpWork.

The only thing I would add is some portfolio items. Maybe I didn't see them because I'm not signed in, but portfolio items really make you look credible. They say you've done this before (even if you're new to the site).

There are two strategies I used on UpWork proposals regularly that practically doubled my response rate. And nobody does these, so you'll instantly stand out.
  1. If you can write fast, write the article before submitting the proposal and send it to them. Results speak louder than words. It shows your quality, that you're fast, and that you care about them. You can't copy-paste custom writing. If they don't hire you, you can always reuse the article later.
  2. Start with a short testimonial. No one does this. That will make you stand out, and other people's words are more impactful than yours.
Then the final comment about UpWork is to apply to 2-3 jobs twice a day. Many jobs lead to recurring revenue, so if you can get one, you'll likely get 10+ articles later from the same client.

As for Verblio, I guess I can reuse my already written articles, about ~100. So you suggest Verblio, Upwork? Aside from these two clients, the only experience I have come from low-rate content mills.

Verblio has a strong stance against plagiarism. So you can't use articles you've already sold to other clients. You can use articles you haven't sold.

Hope this helps.

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
What does dopamine detox mean?

Also, what's your plan for selling on Amazon?
For Dopamine Detox, visit Alex Becker's Channel, awesome content. He'll explain it better than I would.
For Amazon, my plan is launching a successful product, create a brand, and keep launching to reach 300k/mo (profit). I'm on the Fast Track (by Yaniv), a course little people know about. I've chosen two products on Amazon, but I should be between 2-5K before I buy inventory (currently at 1.2K because of the dopamine detox challenge)

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
I should correct that red number regarding to currencies. Since I hold EUR, I'm actually making money instead of losing $115. I'll correct it later: it means any numbers you see here are likely under recorded.

Here're more good needs. It's day 16 today since I cut off dopamine traps. I complete work fast before 10AM and give myself the whole day for free time. Work isn't as challenging, and I have time for everything. I also avoid thinking about work when I'm not working, so I don't spend useless energy on that. So those dopamine days seem pretty far from now, and productivity will soon start to rise (if I keep the path).

Often when I brag about what I'm doing right, I stop doing it. Hopefully, I'll be more aware this time and not let overconfidence get in the way.

Pero123

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
May 31, 2020
Croatia
View attachment 34346
Here's the most recent update.

If it looks like I'm slacking, it's because I'm doing three different things at once. Glad to see things moving at least : )

I should be about to order that FBA inventory

You really have to charge more. That's way too cheap for so much content. Try pitching higher when you get new leads. You already have "stable" clients. Try to get a better client now.

Good luck. I'm following your thread. Just to let you know :D

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
- Currently focusing on recovering from last two week's losses.
- Inventory will be in production within 5 business days
- As soon as the business requires more money than I own, I can use unmentioned savings to fund it, also sacrifice most of my coding time to write more and cover the difference ASAP.

The goal is to get it going before October.
By the way, I'm going to need a few reviews for the product, US people, $10 Paypal commission each, at least ten people. If you're interested, just send me a message here and you'll be on the list once it releases :D

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
I'll get back to this thread with a proper update. The current condition is:
- Earning $135 per day (6 consecutive days now)
- Product shipping to amazon
- Searching for a photographer
- Goal of $3700 before Demember 25 ($133 per day for 28 days)
- Need to finish today earlier to research a bunch of articles for tomorrow
- Sleeping solid 8.5hrs
- I do nothing else in my day other than basic productivity and health habits

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
TOTAL REVENUE: $343.50
TOTAL PROFITS (-16%): $302.10
PROGRESS TODAY (Day 20-1):
- Today's Profits: $6.00
- Work Time: 4h
- Average Rate: $0.25/h (24h in a day)

PROGRESS THIS WEEK (Week 4):

- Weekly Profits: $6.00
- Work Time: 4h
- Average Rate: <$1/h (168h in a week)
GROWTH:
Last Day's Profits: $11.20
Last Week's Profits: $45.20

-Compared By Day: -47.00%
-Compared By Week: -86.73%
-Production: 11.50% (PB = $52.15)
RECORDS OF THE DAY
- Most Work Completed: 6600 words (22 articles) , <Day 12>
- Most Profit Made: $52.15, <Day 12>
- Most Time Working: 7.5h , <Day 12>

RECORDS OF THE WEEK
- Most Profit Made: $190.35 , <Week 2>
- Most Time Working: 27 h , <Week 2>
NOTES:
*Completed two articles working only on Site 2. I'm a few articles away from promotion.
**I got my account blocked and lost around $60.
Data updated in 15/01/2020

Last edited:

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
Day 34-4 (Week 6)
Worked for four hours on three articles and earned around $11.00. 4 Hours feel a lot better than what I did yesterday. The total money made is $430.

I rejected an offer today: 2K words, $31. The guy was new on the platform, had no previous history, and was working on a"scam advice website". I chose to protect my rating because odds were against me.

As I look for reliable clients, I do want to register for Upwork. I highly recommend Freelancers to join the Lex Deville Underground group.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
598%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I was thinking of ranking on freelance sites to be visible, then work on long term projects with the best clients. When pitching sites, how do you increase "conversions?" Applying is the easy part.

I need to figure out how to pitch.

Most media outlets have a contact or pitch page that lists the emails of editors or has a pitch form. With pitching you don't have to write the article first (usually). Pitch the idea. If they like it write the article.

Things they usually care about:

- Is your topic relevant for their audience?
- What is your hook (title that makes people want to read)?
- What makes you credible in that subject?
- Is it timely (i.e. an article about St. Patrick's day which is coming up)
- Did you follow their guest posting rules EXACTLY? (if not you'll get trashed)

For credibility you can use things like number of subscribers you have, readers, followers, or even names of other places you've written articles for. If you don't have much credibility, then pitch smaller blogs and outlets first. Write articles for them, then use their name as a credibility marker to attract larger media outlets.

serge94

Running a B2C SaaS
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Apr 20, 2020
Europe
Hey Max, I agree with Nick: you're selling yourself too short (extremely). You have great written english, I see no reason why you couldn't charge a ton more. I did the same mistake as you did even but in a different field (web development), though I knew it was wrong, something inside me (fear) was holding me back from charging more. Look up imposter syndrome if you haven't heard about it. I was working for $5/hr doing web development when with my experience I could have easily found $30+/hr paying clients. I'd say you should spend a ton more time looking for higher paying clients than delivering to your current ones. Also, I haven't read the entire thread, but it might be a good idea to get into copywriting. All the best!

P.S. Look up The Futur on YouTube, it's a really helpful freelancing channel.

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain

As for day 171 (day 13 in the challenge), I'm doing decent progress, earning ~$18 for two hours of work after expenses. But now, this recounts is bugging me. Where do expenses come from?
- Amazon Pro Subscription (~$50/mo)
- Currency exchanges. I started earning this 1K when EUR was around 0.92-0.93. I must have lost 5% of my earnings because of that (I'm counting it on USD, which is how I'll be using this money). Perhaps I should ask my client to pay in USD. This loss is ridiculous.

Meanwhile, I have another sum of $1750 which I never talked about. Some Bitcoin program 10Xed my return, but I'll keep making as if it doesn't count. That's not what this challenge is about.

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
As everything gets ready for the inventory, I've found other costs that may arise:
- Freight forwarder shipping fees(~$100)
- PPC Budget for the launch ($300-$400)
- Photographer ($100) (includes sending sample to them)
- Reviews ($120 for twelve commissions)
- Coupon code budget (~$300)
- Inventory Inspectors ($200)

My conservative number says I should rack up around $2720 by time time I decide to launch. Good news is, I only need about $1800 ready for now. The rest can wait until it ships (~1month).

Completing the launch by mid-September sounds realistic. That's still enough time before November's 2020 global crash.

Happy Monday!

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
Today, I'd like to share the article I'm currently working on. I believe many of you will find it invaluable: Mind tricks to persuade/influence/manipulate.

"Do you ever think about what you think about? Seriously. Do you consider yourself an
independent thinker?"

Attachments

• Mind Tricks Of A Manipulator.pdf
    218.1 KB · Views: 12

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
I've just started to pay for the first inventory stage.

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
87bbadf6-ba42-450c-ba38-804a04599435.png
Back to 3X uploads per day I guess! Busyness won't stop me from posting.

First things first. I promised the get back after sorting things out with the FBAs inventory. Well...
IMG.jpg

Check.

Here we are. Back to the forum. And just on time to crush the year.

You may wonder what the next goal is? Because technically, we already hit the money goal we needed.

Goals For The End Of the Year
Right now, the list looks like this:
- Get €300 for the product launch and photographer
- Get €1600 to pay for the current rent + 2 months in advance (for comfort)
- Get a €850 laptop that's about five times faster than my current computer (for product research and coding)
- An extra €400 for emergencies

That's about €2800, or $3500 in 28 days (before December 24th). The mission? To save Christmas.

This year, I'm giving this holiday my own meaning. It's the end of the year and I wondered: What's the best way to head-start 2021? I wrote down everything I'd need to make to be ready.

So after making $3500, by January 1st, I'd be at ground zero. But with no expenses left. What will be next?

Well, that's why December 24th is key here. If I achieve the goal, I'm taking vacations until December 31st where I won't work at all. The first real vacations of my life, no joke!

Aside from family time, I'm gonna use that vacation week to focus 100% on designing the goals for 2021. I got an entrepreneur friend from the Netherlands and another from Germany (@dilooska), so we're gonna plan that together in some Zoom calls.

If any of you would like to join our accountability sessions, feel free to do it! If you wonder where to meet entrepreneurial friends, here's the easiest way for you to do it.

Let's get back to what this thread is about... the numbers.

The Numbers

I did the math, but I don't remember exactly how much I have saved. All I know is there is enough to pay for everything I want and I've been making $135 for eleven days in a row.

Because I don't know that, let's start from zero for now...
2020-12-07 21_31_08-Business Metrics II - Google Sheets and 2 more pages - Personal - Microsof...png
2020-12-07 21_31_24-Business Metrics II - Google Sheets and 2 more pages - Personal - Microsof...png

Biggest news since October:
- I now write with a guy about productivity content (very friendly guy, weekly calls and stuff): 3.3c/w for articles, 3.5c for YouTube Scripts, and 3.7c for sales content
-I've been grinding with the main client who has lots of keywords at 2.2c/w. Last month, we agreed to renegotiate the rate to 3.3c/w by the end of the year. That should happen next week, around day 12

$135 per day basically comes from writing 5500 words per day. If you reach 2000 before 5pm, that's still good. And if I reach 2000 or 3000 before 12pm, that gives me a lot of free time later.

Honestly, I don't do anything other than writing, working out, and taking coffee (4x per week).

My current goal:
To reach $135 in my day asap. Then use the rest of the time to research other articles (I have unlimited work basically) and aim to make another $135 that day. Because if I do:
1. That's another day I don't need to work
2. That extends my vacation time by one day
3. And if I miss one day, I have this error margin to save my a$$

Wrapping up...
This is no longer just about Amazon.

In 2021, I'd like to succeed in FBA and starting launching more products. $30K per month in passive profit sounds reasonable to me. I also want to start gathering the dev team for the future Gamification Saas company. The Belgian friend wants to join me.

I see it this way. If I win this challenge, not only I'm earning vacation time on Christmas:
- I'll have officially crushed 2020 and made it my best year ever, all while those losers are hating it
- I won't be stuck on the same old goals. I'll start 2021 an actual fresh start. Now that I never need to worry about money again, it's a new world of possibilities.

I invite you to challenge yourself as well.

So what are you doing this Q4?

P.S. After the vacation week, I don't plan to keep making this much. I'll move onto other things depending on the goals I set before the New Year

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
An investment fund that's promising a 20% return per month is a scam.

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
TOTAL REVENUE: $250.40
TOTAL PROFITS (-16%): $205.75
PROGRESS TODAY (Day 12):
- Today's Profits: $52.15
- Work Time: 7.5h
- Average Rate: $2.17/h (24h in a day)

PROGRESS THIS WEEK (Week 2):

- Weekly Profits: $152.60
- Work Time: 22.5h
- Average Rate: $0.91/h (168h in a week)
GROWTH:
Last Day's Profits: $5.20
Last Week's Profits: $53.15

-Compared By Day: +1000.88%
-Compared By Week: +287.11%
-Production: 123.17% (PB = $43.15)
RECORDS OF THE DAY
- Most Work Completed: 6600 words (22 articles) , <Day 12>
- Most Profit Made: $52.15, <Day 12>
- Most Time Working: 7.5h , <Day 12>

RECORDS OF THE WEEK
- Most Profit Made: $152.60 , <Week 2>
- Most Time Working: 22.5h , <Week 2>
NOTES:
*$50+ Is a cool number, but I failed again to work on the second website. Luckily, now I'm more likely to do it the next time. 1 Article extra there, minimum.
**I've noticed a crucial pattern. When I hit a mark, I'll probably stay on that mark again. I knew that. BUT, after I get the mark, usually appears an interruption. The next day, I stayed away from my work place and made around $10. The following day, I started modeling the $10 day again. NOW that I'm at $50, I need to be super-careful and protect this momentum from such distractions. It's vital.
***New feature called Production. It shows the capacity I've been working compared to my best day. The Daily and Weekly % can be misleading, so Production will keep things clear.
**** No promotions so far, but they should happen soon (this Friday Maybe?). Expect me to stay close to this ammount. I'll want to split my focus on the second platform.
Data updated in 07/01/2020

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.