The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

D&B Background Check & Validation

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
"It's $799 to have your background check and validation done for your basic business credit report."

"Wow! Any discounts for Veterans?!"

"If you order it today I can take off $250 since you were rerouted to us by XYZ company. Also, since its the end of the month you only have until tomorrow to use your discount."

Part of a conversation I had with a representative of Dun & Bradstreet credibility corp.

o_O o_O

Help Fastlaners! What is the process like with establishing your D&B score, etc. when trying to get approved for a small business loan.

I know I need a presentable business plan, but what else? Also- is there any more discounts to be had for the $799 fee?

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
D&B offers a paid extortion plan (seriously) where you can buy your way into a favorable rating with them. It's like their business establishment program or something.

When we got a revolving line of credit (business loan) for our retail stores, it was more critical to have a friendly local business banker relationship, and less critical for profiles like D&B.

However, I am far from an expert in this arena.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Do a search for "business credit" or something similar here... there was a great thread about this topic years ago.

I agree with Vigilante... getting the number is free. they try to get you to pay to get your rating fast but you don't need that.

Also, there is a forum called Credit Boards with great information revolving just this same topic.

so, in a rush, don't let them push you to pay for anything yet. And discounts? they will have many for you later if you decide to pay.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
I actually just did this a few weeks ago. I paid the $799, but my reason is becuase I'm going to start approaching big box retailers and distributors soon. Someone reccomended that I do it. I hope I made the right move.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I actually just did this a few weeks ago. I paid the $799, but my reason is becuase I'm going to start approaching big box retailers and distributors soon. Someone reccomended that I do it. I hope I made the right move.
If you are short on time then you need to pay it if it is a requirement, which seems to be your case.

Can't you just ask your banker if the D & B rating is important?
great idea! It may be just a 'nice to have' and not a real requirement... if it is not then you can take your time to build your file but if it is a must then you may need to pay it.

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
The D&B is more important for establishing trade credit w/ suppliers, less so in getting loans/LOC from banks. They want to see a biz plan, assets, financials etc...and of course a personal guarantee ;)

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
Thank you everyone for your responses.

I am trying to get the loan from the bank. Judging what everyone is saying now is not the right time to be concerned with my D&B score. THIS is why I love this forum!!! Thanks so much everyone!

Likwid-

Please let me know if in a couple months or so if this was the right move for you or not. Did you ask for a discount?

It was Lendio who authorized D&B to provide the discount, it turns out it was not a "Veteran's Discount" per se... (I just always ask for a Veterans discount no matter what I'm doing because there usually always is one!)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.