The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Customising Woocommerce to test product interest/capturing data

johk

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 21, 2013
Hi,

I am currently setting up Woocommerce to test the demand for a product before going “all out”

A process that has been discussed in other threads is to put up a ‘fake’ product drive traffic to it so gauge interest.
I am not sure how to accomplish this customisation with Woocommerce and any suggestions would be much appreciated.

One thought I had was to use Paypal as a checkout and redirect he user to a custom page..The redirect would occur after the checkout form data has been saved to db.

Any suggestions on how do this would be much apricated.

Thanks

J

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

YoungBroward

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
May 15, 2016
I read that someone would put the product up, and have the customer add it to their cart. once they are ready to checkout it would say it's out of stock, but leave us your email so we can let you know when its available again.

johk

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 21, 2013
I would prefer it being automatic ie not asking the user to leave their email address as most of them wouldn’t.

YoungBroward

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
May 15, 2016
I would prefer it being automatic ie not asking the user to leave their email address as most of them wouldn’t.
well at least you will know how many people added the product to their cart if you decide not to make them leave their email.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

johk

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 21, 2013
well at least you will know how many people added the product to their cart if you decide not to make them leave their email.
Hi,

What I did was to select “Cash on Delivery” as payment. This can be renamed to “Pay with Paypal etc. to suit

I add this code at the end of the funcstion.php
PHP:
add_action( 'woocommerce_thankyou', 'j_redirectcustom');

function j_redirectcustom( $order_id ){
    $order = new WC_Order( $order_id );

$url = 'http://yoursite.com/custom-url';

if ( $order->status != 'failed' ) {
        wp_redirect($url);
        exit;
    }
}

The order will be “processed” ie the data saved to the database. The user is then redirected to a custom page with whatever information I want to add to it.

Thanks

J

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!