The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

WEB SCHOOL Current thefastlaneforum.com worth

Schonox

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
May 25, 2019
Stats

I find it odd that that valuation is rather low compared to the estimated revenue stream.
In any case a job well done by MJ!
According to Alexa, the forum has picked up a lot of speed the past few months. Perhaps due to macro economic circumstances?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Yzn

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 1, 2018
I've always wondered how close their estimates from the actual numbers...

fastlanedoll

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Aug 21, 2019
Forgive my naivety, but how does a forum make money? (excluding paid memberships)
Is it from advertisements on the site?

OP
OP
Schonox

Schonox

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
May 25, 2019
I wonder if @MJ wants all this info out there
It is publicly accessible so,... And it's his prerogative of course to say anything about the numbers.
Regarding fastlanedoll's question one could also answer that in general terms, not necessarily focussed on this forum?

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
None of these evaluation websites are privy to what really values companies, and that is profit or net earnings. If we judge based on a 2-4X earnings multiple (which is pretty normal in the digital space) they're not even in the ballpark.

Considering how off it is, I can speculate (much like they did) that any data this website pushes out is pretty much worthless, no better than a website giving you a horoscope.

According to Alexa, the forum has picked up a lot of speed the past few months.
Could be the software upgrade and slight forum redesign. I also have someone who has been pushing content out to social media.

Forgive my naivety, but how does a forum make money? (excluding paid memberships)
Subscriptions, sponsorships, affiliate earnings, and ad revenue. Also specific to this forum, book sales.

JScott

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Aug 24, 2007
LOL, most of these websites are just guessing at the numbers. I highly doubt any one of the numbers is even close, except the alexa rank.
I just checked the valuation it spit out for a site that has a well-defined value (it was recently purchased in a private transaction), and the valuation came in about 80% off the transaction amount... So, there's one one data point that agrees with you...

ChrisV

Platinum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
These website valuations are just based on traffic. It doesn't know about the subscriptions, extra book sales, etc.

But regardless, I don't think MJ keeps this forum up because it's just crazy profitable.. I think he just likes having the forum around.

TinyTim

Contributor
Speedway Pass
May 1, 2016
The World
According to that, the person I just sold my website to paid 10000% too much.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom