The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Current 10th at Rat Race's F1.

Victor Silva

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Aug 12, 2014
Hi, I'm Victor, from Brasília, Brazil. I'm married, have 2 kids, third is on his way, all boys.
Gotta be honest with you, read the Millionaire Fastlane almost 15 years ago now, loved it, eagerly consumed the other books from MJ de Marco (by reading or listening to the audiobooks), but up to now I've been a dreamer only, the kind that reads books. Gotta do more than a few routine and behavioral adjustments to get things going.
Currently, I work for the government, public service, which is an OK job, it provides for an OK life for our family. My wife has a similar job. Many people around here covet jobs like these, but well... I only do it for the money, never actually loved it. I was already on this job back in 2007, by the way.
I was toying with becoming a poker pro in 2006 (when the games were much softer, I must say) and then, unexpectedly, I got that letter telling me to go fill a job because I passed the tests for it (I then thought I hadn't). So I got the job, which likely got me more money than poker ever would, but I wish to be more satisfied with my life and my actual job just won't do for that.
I have grandiose dreams of riches. When I say that, I even anticipate MJ thinking "did you actually read my books?", because I should focus on providing value, not on getting money. Well, the dreams are there, I hope I do something about them, hopefully in a smart way - by providing actual value.
I have a business idea which seems veeeery hard do implement, a real challenge, but sky is the limit if it works out. So far, it's just an idea, so it's not that worth it by now, is it? haha Let's see what we can do about it.
Thanks for reading.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard.

D

DeletedUser84644

Hi, I'm Victor, from Brasília, Brazil. I'm married, have 2 kids, third is on his way, all boys.
Gotta be honest with you, read the Millionaire Fastlane almost 15 years ago now, loved it, eagerly consumed the other books from MJ de Marco (by reading or listening to the audiobooks), but up to now I've been a dreamer only, the kind that reads books. Gotta do more than a few routine and behavioral adjustments to get things going.
Currently, I work for the government, public service, which is an OK job, it provides for an OK life for our family. My wife has a similar job. Many people around here covet jobs like these, but well... I only do it for the money, never actually loved it. I was already on this job back in 2007, by the way.
I was toying with becoming a poker pro in 2006 (when the games were much softer, I must say) and then, unexpectedly, I got that letter telling me to go fill a job because I passed the tests for it (I then thought I hadn't). So I got the job, which likely got me more money than poker ever would, but I wish to be more satisfied with my life and my actual job just won't do for that.
I have grandiose dreams of riches. When I say that, I even anticipate MJ thinking "did you actually read my books?", because I should focus on providing value, not on getting money. Well, the dreams are there, I hope I do something about them, hopefully in a smart way - by providing actual value.
I have a business idea which seems veeeery hard do implement, a real challenge, but sky is the limit if it works out. So far, it's just an idea, so it's not that worth it by now, is it? haha Let's see what we can do about it.
Thanks for reading.
What exactly were your mental and circumstantial roadblocks that kept you from being able to take any kind of action towards getting started in something of Fastlane potential for all these years? Because I mean, 15 years is a really long, criminal waste of one's time not doing what one knows they are supposed to, and want to do, deep down inside their heart.

Victor Silva

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Aug 12, 2014
What exactly were your mental and circumstantial roadblocks that kept you from being able to take any kind of action towards getting started in something of Fastlane potential for all these years? Because I mean, 15 years is a really long, criminal waste of one's time not doing what one knows they are supposed to, and want to do, deep down inside their heart.
Mostly, laziness. Lack of urgence. I'll do my best work at my job when deadline is close. I also do well as a father. Basically, I have a hard time doing things that are important, but not urgent, which is key when you want to start a new good thing for yourself, such as an entrepreneurial venture. I've been focusing on doing urgents tasks that sometimes are important, sometimes not so much so. What I need to do is put myself on a strict routine so I can make the most of the little free time I have with regularity. Thank you for your message.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...