The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cured of Eczema and Asthma: Shoot me your Questions, I REALLY CARE!

MarchWarrior

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
May 25, 2014
This is my first post, so I'd like to make it meaningful to myself and others on the forum.
I believe in being a matcher, where I am both giving and receiving.
For most of my life, I've been a receiver, not that much a giver.

Above all things, Shoot me ANY questions regarding asthma and eczema, and allergies if you have any, or any of your friends/family have such issues.

I seriously care about people of all kinds, who suffer from such medically ignorant subject.
There is no catch here, despite what I am trying to make my website my income source at the moment.
I will answer your answers with as much detail as possible.

TL;DR = I am experienced in asthma and eczema, and also diet aspect where i've dealt with chinese medicine, western medicine, herbal, and various other anecdote methods. Ask me about anything, I will spill my beans out, even if it means me calling you on skype spending 3 hours. By Reading the Following Replies, please remember that I'm not a medical professional and this is for informational purposes only. Check with your doctors before doing any action!

Just kidding, I do have a catch.
Please treat me as an ignorant 21 yr old, because i absolutely know NOTHING about making money.
I would like to state my humbleness to various members here in the forum, such as @IceCreamKid , @zen******* , @MJ DeMarco and @RichKid , along with others whom I cannot remember user names for.
I've just purchased the INSIDERS subscription, and would like to start at the road at grinding.

But this thread isn't about me, it's about you and how I can HELP you.

Thank you for your time.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Nadia

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Jan 23, 2014
London, United Kingdom
I will begin.

I suffer with eczema :( Any remedy on the flaking and patchiness of skin that goes red ?

Carrots

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Apr 1, 2013
Texas
I'm currently going through topical steroid withdrawal right now due to using those stupid steroid creams for many years.

If you're suffering with eczema do NOT treat it with steroid creams.

MarchWarrior

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
May 25, 2014
Any remedy on the flaking and patchiness of skin that goes red ?
Please check with your doctor before doing anything as I am not a qualified medical professional, and this is for informational purposes only :)

This is probably one of the most important question for many people. The answer is 2 parts: Short-term and long-term.
I'll talk about short term first.

Quite frankly, it doesn't look good on the short-term side. Your options are steroid cream and other creams if you are looking for the "lottery" solution, or using MF metaphor, the sidewalk.
It provides fast relieve but little to no sustainability. You will eventually need more and more cream (whatever your doctor can possibly give you)

SO FAR however, I've found only 2 things from Western Medicine (MDs) that works and have any sort of function: emulsifying ointment and another for shower cream (replacement of soap), but its usefulness is much like a minimum-waged job.

Let's jump to the best part thou, so you can actually get better looking skin: Coconut oil, and No Soap showering.

Because you have eczema, you already lose a degree of your skin layer integrity (the ability to hold water, in simple words), that's why your skin is dry and flaky, while the red part is because your skin is undergoing inflammation from scratching, or even if you don't scratch.

Why Coconut Oil? Because coconut oil is the cheapest, affordable, anti-inflammatory oil I have ever used, ever.
Next up to be able to compete to it is possibly something like fermented fish oil, yet that is WAY more expensive, and you smell like fish.

The medical model has quite good eyes in spotting symptoms and the source, but not that well in addressing the cause, when research just simply don't care, or can't understand. They have found that your skin integrity lost is much related to your secretion of bodily produced oil. So, coconut oil provides Medium Chained Triglycerides (MCT) that is not only anti-inflammatory, but moisturizing!

Important: If you'd like to buy, please, please, please, buy the best of the best Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cold Pressed). Don't even bother with the lower quality stuff. I have been through the process. You get sub-optimal results with not much in price deduction. oh, and check for allergic reaction before applying to full body. (Rub some on the back of your hand) If you try one kind and find it allergic, you can try another one. Some are just bad production, while others are a god send.

Another one a lot of people miss out on is their obsession with using soap when you shower. Soap is a tricky subject that I will try to tackle on my website (note) but in short: since you are already lacking in oil production, WHY WOULD YOU WASH IT OFF?

Bacteria has a thing with human beings. The constant obsession to wash off bacteria doesn't really work. You shower with soap actually stripes your last remaining bit of protective skin oil away, leaving your skin dry and flaky, and even more subjective to bacteria.

So, give it a shot, try not using soap, not even shampoo

For people who cannot give it up, use less, shower with colder water (luke warm or cold if your body handles it well)

However, I believe your question has 2 sides hidden to it. Long term and short-term, if I'm right.

Let's talk long-term

Simple words, since I am already typing way too much for a easily readable answer. REDUCE FOOD THAT COSTS INFLAMMATION and INCREASE FOOD THAT IS ANTI-INFLAMMATORY

Simply speaking, however, this would require me in PARAGRAPHS to explain, I'll try to tackle in one: food that is seen in nature, in its least processed form (Raw), if edible by mankind, then it's normal food that you should eat.

In other words, some examples like Grain, wheat, they are basically impossible for mankind to digest when raw, while most fruits and meat have been eaten raw for ages. Legumes are often toxic when raw, while cooked thou they are edible). Cooking process in short does not get rid of the toxin, and induces inflammation to the body, leading to inability to recover from eczema in the long-run, or even reduction of inflammation.

However, there are a lot of explanation, You probably would like more info from me personally.
As celebratory sake of my solved issue, and how your questions are contributing to my future projects, please PM me if you'd be interested in a FREE skype call! only to you for now Nadia :) [I am reading some copywriting books at the moment..Jokes]

MarchWarrior

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
May 25, 2014
I'm currently going through topical steroid withdrawal right now due to using those stupid steroid creams for many years.

If you're suffering with eczema do NOT treat it with steroid creams.

This is somewhat more complicated than people think, but yes, steroid creams DO NOT work well in the long-term. I've been there, done that. I hope your steroid cream withdrawal gets better. I've been to the most serious stage where I take steroid pills and put on steroid cream. You wouldn't have recognized me back then.

Cyberseraph

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 18, 2013
Germany
@MarchWarrior : Great post and very interesting topic!

I am suffering from hay fever, also called allergic rhinitis and a really bad allergic asthma.

It starts in summer and goes for 2 - 3 months only (May until July) after those months I have no symptoms. I tried every possible medicine and therapy but nothing ever worked.

How did you cure your asthma? Can I apply this to allergic asthma as well?

Any help would be appreciated!

ProweJosh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Feb 10, 2014
I've suffered from eczema since I was young, it's improved dramatically ever since, however the only place where it remains is around my mouth. I've had this since I was 11 years old and I've been prescribed creams etc but non seem to work, although it has improved and isn't flaky or dry, it still remains there. Any advice on how to get rid of it once and for all?

Thanks!

Jimmyy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Dec 19, 2013
Getting allergy tested is a good place to start believe me

MarchWarrior

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
May 25, 2014
@Nadia theres a very good book I came across a few years back called "Healing Psoriasis: The Natural Alternative" by John O. A. Pagano. You should check it out.

I've read that book in brief, I will do a review of it later on in the days. Maybe when I can get a hold of a paper copy
@MarchWarrior : Great post and very interesting topic!

I am suffering from hay fever, also called allergic rhinitis and a really bad allergic asthma.

How did you cure your asthma? Can I apply this to allergic asthma as well?

As mentioned by @Jimmyy getting your allergies tested is the first step. There are various methods such as skin test (where they put patches of most common allergens on you) or more complicated ones that I have yet to try. But the simple method is this: Get a notebook, mark down potential encounters with objects and trigger time, and try method of avoidance see if it gets better.

For me, my allergens are MSG (l did not eat out exclusively for half a year) and chemicals of all sorts (paints, woodwork chemical), and also pesticides.

Allergies also have a worse tolerance when your system is wrecked, which is a VERY complicated issue that will take up pages here.
In short, while I am curing my body, my allergic reaction simply reduces, even to the degree of never seem to bother me anymore.
Does that make sense? Your first step to fixing this then is do the notebook, find your allergens. (Insist to your doctor that you want a test for your allergens)

I will talk with you further on PM, since that response will take up PAGES here :p
Please let me know if you'd like a skype call, as I am way better at responding when I can talk and gesture.

throttleforward

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Oct 30, 2009
Washington DC
My infant son was recent cured of horrible eczema (which he had his whole life) after a trip to the ER revealed severe food allergies. Wife eliminated all allergines from her diet and thus her milk, plus we started using prescription steroid creams as given to us by a pediatric allergist, and my son's eczema went away completely. I highly recommend people see a good allergist (took us a few tries to find one) if you are suffering from eczema.

SarahSH

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
May 6, 2014
Kansas
I have had success using good 'ol crisco shortening for mild eczema on my hands in the winter.

MarchWarrior

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
May 25, 2014
Good job for getting the kid over with eczema. Remember thou he can hv the trigger factors later on in his life making the eczema pop up once agai. Steroid cream is not a long term solution..more like a temp.fix. highly suggest you take a look at http://theperfecthealthdiet.com for the simple outline of a diet direction he shud bestriving for, regarding limiting chances of having it pop up again
On the plus side hemll just be healthier in general
I've used the cheat version of the diet and achieved great results. If u follow the diet aspect nicely it should do wonders for ur son. Steroid cream hv too. Much side effect to be used for long run.

@throttleforward
Sent from my GT-I5510M using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Andygala

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
May 29, 2016
Hi, I was diagnosed eczema a few years ago but it just came and went through seasons. I have been through the worst part of it to the point that I have lost 3 finger nails (they just went dead and do not attach to mi finger anymore) My grandma just told me to avoid Pork meat at all and I have done it for 3 weeks now and my hand has gotten a lot better but still not sure if it is the weather changing as we have had more moisture or is it really pork what is causing my allergy. Any thoughts?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.