The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Crypto - Bots - my Journey - (10% per month min.)

CryptoCurt

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Oct 2, 2019
Germany
Crypto Currencies are high volatile, high risk investments.
You should only work with money that you can spare.
Do not work with lended money.
This is not a get-rich-quick-model - Its based on compound interest.
Start slow with small amounts, get experience, then take it from there. Be patient.
Main goal:
a (relatively) stable income which grows steadily.

I am writing the following text from my memory, so its not a "live journal".
Beginning of September 2020:
I searched for automated income machines on youtube, surfed around to finance sector and landed at so called "bots".
My deeper further research brought my to the corner of cryptocurrencies where i spend some days to get a grip on crypto basics.

Mid September 2020:
I found some youtube videos that talked about crypto bots that should earn some money "passive income style".
"Yeah sure" you think now, same as i did. To be sceptic is not a bad thing.
Always check all facts yourself, never just believe someone.

So now its a setup where i have 1/3rd - 1/2 of my portfolio in open positions, no stop-loss but trailing-stop-loss.
This means I can never loose all my money - of course if the whole crypto market crashes, all open positions would loose value.

Back to business...
What I decided is to try out a solution called "cryptohopper". This is just one of many bot solutions in the crypto sector.
I followed some introduction videos that showed me exactly how to setup that bot.
What i had to learn was:
  • Basic crypto understanding (from many videos)
  • cryptohopper documentation (youtube and own education material on their website)
  • functions of crypto exchanges (basics again with some videos)
  • how to connect the bot to my chosen exchange
Fast forward to today:
After some finetuning and learning - my ROI of the last 3 month is in the 15-18% range per month (proven in bull markets, as i have only experience from Sep 20 til today).
After inclusion of a buffer for bad times, where i won't have any wins for 3 months, i plan with 10% in average over the year.

Why i am here:
I am willing to give everyone who is interested further information in this area.
I can give advice on the following side topics:
  • General "how to setup" of the crypto exchange "binance"
  • General "how to setup" of the platform "cryptohopper"
  • Importance of security and anonymity in crypto
  • trading strategies and tactics
  • trading mindset
  • copy my setup to receive similar outcomes
As a thank you, i would ask you to use my affiliate links while registering at the exchange and the cryptohopper which bring some 10% savings to both of us. This is optional of course.

I will do my best to answer all questions, what do you want to know?

Sources that i can recommend:
Coin Bureau (basics on crypto)
Aureum Victoria (german) ( mainly focused on cryptohopper)
99bitcoins (basics on crypto)
Cryptohopper (getting started)

Results:
Nov 2020: 3351 USD (Portfolio: 15K USD)
Dec 2020: 3293 USD (Portfolio: 22K USD)
Jan 2021: 10554 USD (Portfolio: 50K USD)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

CryptoCurt

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Oct 2, 2019
Germany
1. My Jorney
Something i learned on my trip to Malta is that i don't want to leave my GF behind. She encourages me in everything i do and she is the best person i ever met. If i make it (which ever way, with crypto or otherwise), I will do it 100% with her. And if this means to pay more taxes in Germany, then so be it.
Learning: The right woman on your side can encourage and motivate you to go forward, even if it would hurt herself (in the short-run) while supporting her mans "Mission". Because she understood that a man without a mission will always be unhappy and not a desired partner in her life.

I believe in god, even if its not like the old fashioned being from the bible. Anyway, i asked God to give me clarity in Malta. I wanted 100% clarity if this would be the right step for my future, our future. And i got this intense impression of clarity on the day of my departure already. I could have just skipped the journey, but as i payed it, i took it.
Learning: you can't make an important decision just in your mind, you have to take the steps and make mistakes. Only this way one learnes what he wants and what he does not want. No mistakes = no progress.

I read earlier in a quite old post on this forum:
"DO NOT BE AFRAID TO MAKE MISTAKES. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. IF YOU ARE NOT MAKING MISTAKES THEN YOU ARE NOT MOVING FAST ENOUGH." (stolen from
IceCreamKid)
This nails it perfectly. A good reminder for me to speed up and make more "mistakes".

2. Next approach: holding corporation

After my return, I contacted a tax expert to learn more about a "holding corporation".
This is a legal form of organization in Germany, where you launch 2 companies. One is there to hold and manage the funds, one is for running the operative busniess only.
As long as you keep the money in the "holding", you only have to pay taxes on 5% of your wins! Sounds awesome!
Only money that is taken out of this construct must be taxed as usual. For example: your salary.

The tax expert opened my eyes by explaining how difficult and 100% correct the accounting must be in a coproration in germany. It would mean much less hassle to stay a private person that holds crypto than as a business.
Accounting cryptos is not yet settled in german law / finance, so for a company, this could lead to a whole lot of problems. Should be regulated soon, then it should become easier.
Thats what the world does not need in cryptoland: more regulation...
For now: holding corporation - skipped.

3. Back to square one
:
stay in my position and look out for alternative business ideas and let the crypto work on autopilot, my bot does it all for me.

4. BIG News for the crypto world:

6th June 2021: El Salvador becomes first country to adopt bitcoin as legal tender after passing law

This is a good test and other countries will follow the progress and acceptance of BTC in El Salvador. In my opinion, many smaller countries will follow this approach.
Who is next? Paraguay? Venezuela? We'll see.

5. Lets go into the details of the month of June 2021:

Updated Results (rounded):

Nov 2020: 22 %
Dec 2020: 15%
Jan 2021: 21%
Feb 2021: 8%
Mar 2021: 14%
April 2021: 9%
May 2021: 9%
June 2021: 0,6%

On June-4th, the downward trend continues, 30 day BTC performance is at -6%.
Mid June, we saw some hope for trend reversion but it soon kept its downward trend going.
The lowest point we reached on June-26th, where the total cryptocurrency market cap hit 1.19 Trilion USD.
(This is the same level as of begin of February 2021.)

BTC began June ~37KUSD and ended with ~35KUSD.
The bot generated almost no gains, all positions in deep red. But as i don't sell with loss, i let these Positions sit there and wait for a better future.

The charts:
1625120778666.png

The overall Market (excl. BTC):
1625120814230.png
The bot generated 0.6% of growth in June. Worst performance since i started in Sep2020.
4th time this year, 10% growth not reached, therefore status "underperformed" for June.

Let me know if you have any questions, i will reply to all of them.

Speculatooor

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Jul 11, 2019
Netherlands
I have seen so many 'crypto bots' stuff the past years and they all got rekt.

This is the classic shortcut scam in action. Have you even read MJ's books?

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
So much rage. Give the guy a break, guys. He said this is money he can afford to lose.

I remember losing $5,000 in less than 5 minutes due to a botched execution in coffee futures. This guy's experiment is probably more scientific than whatever I was doing at that time.

I'm glad you're running the experiment, and I don't see why you shouldn't. Especially if you have a bot doing it for you... it's not even taking up your time, so you can run a business or whatever simultaneously. I do think you should understand and control the bot's behavior. Without that, you're not really gaining anything.

Personally I also like trading on volatility because the direction of the market doesn't matter much... a downward adjustment is just as profitable as a raging bull, if you're on the right side of it (or on both sides, depending on just how volatile). And even inna sideways market, there can be enough movement up and dow to make small gains throughout the day.

Document one strategy applied to one instrument. That's important, otherwise your data will be a mess.

Good luck.

CryptoCurt

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Oct 2, 2019
Germany
Hi all, here my update for the month of May 2021.

On May-12th, the crypto-sphere has experienced a major dip, which continued until today.

BTC began May with ~57KUSD and ended with ~35KUSD.
The drama began on May13th with Elon Musk talking about bad energy consumption of Bitcoin. The market reacted fast and BTC dipped from slightly above 54K to 52K in a blink of an eye.
This started the trend for the rest of the month.

Media and many youtubers where spreading FUD, which was no surprise.
The best resources for serious Cryptoinvestors for me are Dan from Digital asset news and George from CryptosRus.

But lets get to the charts:
1622450828854.png

1622450846238.png

The bot generated 8.6% of growth in May. Overall very low number of sells due to the ongoing bearish market conditions.
1622450872301.png
The Bot is working well in these harsh conditions, still generating wins.
3rd time this year, 10% not reached, therefore status "underperformed" for May.

This was of course a cold shower but i am a strong believer in Cryptos. The whales are putting more pressure on the market to scare out retail investors. All to buy BTC and Alts at major rebates.

Coin Bureau has explained this in detail, a very interesting video if you want to know more about the backgrounds.

Other than the bot, I keep on HODLing BTC, ETH, ADA, VET, and smaller coins and DCA'd even more today.
(DCA=Dollar cost averaging)
This is a marathon and not a sprint, so i am optimistic for the future of cryptos in the mid-/longterm.

CryptoCurt

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Oct 2, 2019
Germany
I must say, I did not expect this thread to live for long. I'm impressed that you've kept updating the thread monthly. I'm also impressed by the performance of your bot.

It still sounds like a "too good to be true" scenario. 9% profit the same month bitcoin decreased by ≈40%. If you keep this profit rate you'll be filthy rich in no time.

This bot is obviously working really well. So, here is my question. What do you think is the reason such bots aren't used by more people?

Also, how do you handle the taxes? Do the bot set aside a % of the profit which it keeps as USDT, or do you set aside fiat manually according to the amount of tax you have to pay?
Hi Frinys,
the point is that you must be able to see 10 positions in dark red with minus 20% and wait until they surface again.
Mindset must be very stoical for this.
1622542449997.png

I think that not many people know about it and the ones that do think that its a fake or it will crash and cost you all your money.

Taxes is the hard part. I have to put aside 40% just for taxes in Germany.
Due to this i will visit Malta next week and check out the little island, which is crypto wise a paradise (0% Taxes). Also not too far from Germany so i can come and visit from time to time.
If my visit is good and I decide that it meets my requirements, i will leave Germany behind.
Means i will cut all strings, no appartment, no car, quit my job in GER, leave and only visit.
I studied tons of forum posts on how to get my tax residency to Malta, so that process is clear to me now. (not very complicated by the way)
If this runs well, i will open another thread on my expat journey to Malta.
If not, i will look for other destinations (Portugal is another one).
In the first 1-2 years i plan to work remotely, so i am not fully depending on crypto to pay my bills.
Crypto MUST still be play money that i don't have to touch to cover my living costs. Otherwise i could mess up the Bot thing and/or my HODLs.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Well now the people who said "as soon as the market goes down you'll be broke!" and "it's easy to make money in a bull market!" can finally reevaluate their opinions. You have robots making 9% per month on your money, while banks are parking their money in Treasury bills that literally, honest to goodness, pay 0% interest.

Frinys

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Oct 28, 2019
In the past 3 months, the total market cap of all cryptocurrencies has increased from 500B to 1,5T. That's a 200% increase. It's almost impossible to not earn money in crypto right now.

You have had an increase of ≈17% per month. That's a 60% increase. In other words, your bot is underperforming by a large margin. You would have been much better off just holding cryptos.

When the bear market arrives, your bot will eat away all your gains in a matter of weeks. It happened for botters in 2018, and it will happen again in 2021.

Frinys

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Oct 28, 2019
Hi Frinys,
I think and evaluate each and every reply from everyone, try to learn and harden my approach.

Let me respond to your points:

1. "It's almost impossible to not earn money in crypto right now."
  • your statement shows that you did not understand my approach. Seems you just want to bash it.
  • Of course i am earning money on a daily basis.
I completely understand your approach. I do not want to bash, I want to save you and anyone else who decides to follow in your footsteps from losing a lot of money.

1. "You have had an increase of ≈17% per month. That's a 60% increase.
...In other words, your bot is underperforming by a large margin. You would have been much better off just holding cryptos."
  • you seem to compare bots performance with HODL. a bot "scalps" and takes small wins. HODL i also do in parallel.
  • always mix

Do you take taxes into account when doing this? In most countries, all exchange of crypto is taxable events. Does your bot lock away X% of your profit after each trade, so you can pay your taxes when the taxman comes?

If not, you are trading with the government's money. In that case, you should be extremely careful. The tax must be paid, even if you end up losing all of your gains in the future.

1. " When the bear market arrives, your bot will eat away all your gains in a matter of weeks"
  2. Trick is not to work with stop-loss and realize wins. Just let it sit, market will come back, as it always does. In 2018 we saw a really long bear market, no doubt about it. But if you would predict (and wait) for the next downturn, then this is not for you.
Always be cautious, do not have too much in the market so you can hang in there and still be able to pay your rent.
Sure, its always a risk but thats life. But for sure, its not for everybody.
To manage the risk, thats big part of the game.
Risk in what way? This is "risk" as in "Run across the highway with closed eyes to get to the other side of the road faster"-risk. The risk is enormous and the reward is close to zero.

"But sure, its not for everybody", "To manage the risk, thats big part of the game" - Pat on the back phrases and famous last words if you ask me.

I will keep on reporting my progress.
I'm looking forward to following your progress. And I sure hope that you keep posting honest progress updates even when the bear market arrives.

Good luck!

And to anyone else considering crypto bots: Reconsider. It is a known way to lose a lot of money.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
lol that must have been nerve wracking! What'd you do after that happened?
Told my wife "hey, remember that money I mentioned that we can afford to lose? Well, we just lost some of it. Coffee?" And I poured two cups of coffee.

CryptoCurt

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Oct 2, 2019
Germany
Hi all, here my update for the month of April 2021.

Updated Results:

The month of April was the worst in case of BTC growth so far.
BTC started with ~59KUSD and ended with ~54KUSD with a 2 week downtrend.
april_BTC.png

The cryptomarket overall performed slightly better with the same downtrend starting on 18th:
april_cryptomarket.png

The bot generated 8.7% of growth in April with last 2 weeks of very low trading volume, resulting in the low growth.
april_bot_activity.png

mguerra

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Mar 23, 2015
Hi all, here my update for the month of May 2021.

On May-12th, the crypto-sphere has experienced a major dip, which continued until today.

BTC began May with ~57KUSD and ended with ~35KUSD.
The drama began on May13th with Elon Musk talking about bad energy consumption of Bitcoin. The market reacted fast and BTC dipped from slightly above 54K to 52K in a blink of an eye.
This started the trend for the rest of the month.

Media and many youtubers where spreading FUD, which was no surprise.
The best resources for serious Cryptoinvestors for me are Dan from Digital asset news and George from CryptosRus.

But lets get to the charts:
View attachment 38208

View attachment 38209

The bot generated 8.6% of growth in May. Overall very low number of sells due to the ongoing bearish market conditions.
View attachment 38210
The Bot is working well in these harsh conditions, still generating wins.
3rd time this year, 10% not reached, therefore status "underperformed" for May.

This was of course a cold shower but i am a strong believer in Cryptos. The whales are putting more pressure on the market to scare out retail investors. All to buy BTC and Alts at major rebates.

Coin Bureau has explained this in detail, a very interesting video if you want to know more about the backgrounds.

Other than the bot, I keep on HODLing BTC, ETH, ADA, VET, and smaller coins and DCA'd even more today.
(DCA=Dollar cost averaging)
This is a marathon and not a sprint, so i am optimistic for the future of cryptos in the mid-/longterm.

When everyone is getting emotional, FUD selling, etc, your bot is able to generate 8% gains without you moving a finger.

That's actually nice return in the current market conditions, IMO.

CryptoCurt

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Oct 2, 2019
Germany
Hey @CryptoCurt

How is your bot doing, brother?

I wish you could give us more feedback!
Hey - sorry for my long absence.
Feedback is coming....
Overall, the bot only makes serious money, as long as we are in a bull cycle. During the whole downturn that we see the last months, bot is in the deep red and will take some months to get back into the green.
I will shift more to hodling in this situation.

This is nothing new and some people told me that upfront but i couldn't believe it.

New idea was to use an arbitrage bot, which makes money through trading on different exchanges.
What i found is, that you need to put 1 Mio. EUR into it to make a living from arbitrage bots. Soooooo, maybe in the near future :cool:

CryptoCurt

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Oct 2, 2019
Germany
People, this thread it Ia evidence of MJ words. DO NOT TRY become rich by crypto, do it through your business and self improvement.
A huge pice of experience you showed us, sir. Thank you so much!
Well it was intended to show success. But I am glad that i documented the journey, either way. Thats why we are here right? To show what worked and what not.

CryptoCurt

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Oct 2, 2019
Germany
Update after my Trip to Malta
Malta is a nice coutry, relaxed and friendly people with awesome climate conditions. Thats it.
I can't imagine to relocate, i want to stay in germany.
Next Mission:
find out, where to start a company for my cryptos. This way i can optimize my taxes hopefully. I will read and contact some experts to find the best option. I know already that germany is not making this too easy for me. Just live as an comany owner in germany and pay taxes in another country? Lets see what tricks the experts have to offer. If this forum knows how to do that, please feel free to contact me or respond to this threat.

CryptoCurt

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Oct 2, 2019
Germany
News for the crypto world

We finally passed the bottom, FOMO seems to start and bring some positive movements into the market.

News from El Salvador?

El Salvador To Buy an Estimated $135,000,000 Worth of Bitcoin (Planned to go live on Sep-7th 2021.)

Source
This should fire up the BTC quite a bit...

Lets go into the details of the month of July 2021

June 2021: 0,6%
July 2021: 0,5%

The downward trend continued up to the Jul-20, but gained momentum from there.

BTC began July ~35KUSD and ended with ~40KUSD. 12,5% gains in a short time.
The bot generated almost no gains, all positions in deep red. But as i don't sell with loss, i let these Positions sit there and wait for a better future.

The charts:
BTC Chart
1627838238560.png
1627838285104.png
The bot generated 0.5% of growth in July. Worst performance since i started in Sep2020.
5th time this year, 10% growth not reached, therefore status "underperformed" for July.

Anyway, i am a hardcore HODLER, i will either go down with the ship or i go to retire much earlier than the government plans it for me. ;-)

CryptoCurt

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Oct 2, 2019
Germany
@CryptoCurt I'm highly interested and intrigued.

Love your avatar too!

idk if it's too much to ask, but what does your bot trade based off of? Any specific indicators or?
Hi @Tourmaline, basically the strategy is working on indicators for "overbought/oversold". If the algorithm finds a coin (out of the ones you selected prior), it buys if the coin dropped sharply b/c it is highly probable that it rises again shortly afterwards.
The users job is to find and monitor the coin portfolio so you only trade with coins that have an overall positive trend. every 2 weeks i do a review of the charts of my 50 coins and do a cleanup. Kick out dropping ones and taking in new candidates.
Let me know if you want to know more, PM me if you like.

Last edited:

mjbarlow

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Aug 17, 2021
UK
This is actually really cool, the crypto market is the wild west, so there definitely must be inefficiencies and money to be made. It seems like the bot strategy is to buy into over-sold conditions and wait for a rebound then sell?

As shown by your screen-shots this can result in you bag-holding the coins when the they keep going down, as your strategy is never to sell losing coins? What happens if the coins keep going lower? you never sell at a loss?

Surely the fastlane approach would be to set up your own crypto bot-building guide, videos etc, that guide people on how to do this, then sell that course or a related products. Basically sell shovels.

I'm following!

mksa22

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 24, 2018
Well it was intended to show success. But I am glad that i documented the journey, either way. Thats why we are here right? To show what worked and what not.
I've been trying this bot thing since November. Which means that I have not been fortunate enough to experience a bullish period.

In my experience 10% per month is quite possible, in my case I take more risk and use leveraged tokens.

What does this mean? Let's use Solana as an example

- If Solana goes up 10%
- My leveraged Solana token goes up 30%.
- If Solana falls by 10%, the value of my leveraged token would then be -30% (so basically i m losing the 30% of my capital doing that)

In these months when everything is falling, you can create inverse bots that when the market falls, they increase in value.

I have been reading a lot of problems about this type of bots and it seems that the biggest problem is :

1 - The bots work well until the market drops (this can be solved with : choosing good coins, having inverse bots and PATIENCE... and this patience thing only works say top 30 tokens)

2 - Taxes (This factor you can control if you live in a low tax country or without taxes.... here we have enough control)

3 - Take Profits : It's funny how there are programs out there that talk about never sell and hold (this is a strategy and is fine) but in the case of Bots, you have a daily profitability... and in my case I use leverage which means my daily profitability can be very high but I know that the value of the token can be one day at +20% and the next at -40%.... (here the importance of not choosing new tokens or tokens out of top50)

I have only had one token that has never recovered and it was "Luna" but at the same time in Luna I had an inverse bot betting downwards (and there I recovered everything I had lost in the normal bot and even with benefits).

4 - Stop Loss : Well if you are choosing good tokens i dont recommend to use stop loss (because the idea is have patience and wait)

5 - Psychological Problems I believe that if most people really lose money it is because they can't control their own mind.

In this case I must admit that I was like that, but I had some time managing advertising campaigns, especially on fb... and this changed my mentality a bit regarding the importance of seeing results with a long-term perspective.

Basically I was one of those who closed a campaign if I had no sales in 3 days because I was losing money... with time I learned that even if the first 3 weeks everything is lost it does not necessarily mean that the results in the fourth week can not make that campaign good.

It's a little complicated to explain but I'm sure that those who do advertising campaigns can understand what I mean.

-------
The topic of getting rich through entrepreneurship I think has some bullshit and a lot of positive marketing

It is true that the main way to build wealth is through a business but it is not the only way and each person should have some self-knowledge of who he/she is and what he/she wants.

Building a business is not easy that is the reality and the vast majority of businesses will fail .... very few will be privileged to become the next google or facebook.

On the other hand, I think we need an analysis of what an entrepreneur needs when building a business.

- Solve a problem or entertain (let's be honest there are products that solve real problems and that really don't need almost no marketing to attract people... for example curing cancer and others that really don't have a utility that we can consider very essential) like the fashion business.

- You will need to put your energy, time and money into it and there is no guarantee of success.

- Finding talent and managing people : As mj marco himself mentions in his book, this is not at all passive and can give you a lot of headaches.

- Regulations and taxes : This varies from country to country but can be very cumbersome.

- Knowledge : Let's be realistic, every industry has a very specific set of knowledge and it takes time to get it. On the other hand finding experts that you can hire and that will do a good job.

In conclusion ... the reality is that many paths can lead you to get rich ... some with more chance of success than others and everyone should do some introspection work and in a way try both ways until you know what fits better.

I personally believe that there are quiet investments (which will not make you rich... and are the typical ones recommended).

- Bonds
- Investing in index funds
- Investing in stocks
- Real Estate (Personally I don't understand people who like this way of investing... I see a lot of headaches and in my case I would probably rather start a business than deal with this investment)

These are the basic ones and the ones that are recommended to earn 8 - 10% per year in the long term. And as Mj mentions in his book... of course you will be a millionaire but at a very late age with this form.

Then there are other more interesting ways in my opinion

- Pre-IPO : The problem is that it is so regulated that not anyone could invest here.... but this is still the equivalent of starting a business... it is putting money in a company in an industry that you like, that has a team of people prepared and with future projection (You can lose your money...). Sure, but you can also lose it if you are the one who creates the business.

- Crypto: The same is high risk and high profit but the difference with the first option is that it is not so regulated and anyone can access this investment.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I appreciate your feedback.
I find 18% monthly (not per anum) on a relatively stable basis enourmous.
Holding i would also recommend for selected coins like BTC, ETH and maybe more.
But i would not recommend to put all eggs in one basket, hope you don`t do that.

I would mix holding and scalping (and more if you want to add?)

18% a month isn't enormous.

Your essentially cucking yourself on purpose in a raging bull market.

CryptoCurt

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Oct 2, 2019
Germany
So much rage. Give the guy a break, guys. He said this is money he can afford to lose.

I remember losing $5,000 in less than 5 minutes due to a botched execution in coffee futures. This guy's experiment is probably more scientific than whatever I was doing at that time.

I'm glad you're running the experiment, and I don't see why you shouldn't. Especially if you have a bot doing it for you... it's not even taking up your time, so you can run a business or whatever simultaneously. I do think you should understand and control the bot's behavior. Without that, you're not really gaining anything.

Personally I also like trading on volatility because the direction of the market doesn't matter much... a downward adjustment is just as profitable as a raging bull, if you're on the right side of it (or on both sides, depending on just how volatile). And even inna sideways market, there can be enough movement up and dow to make small gains throughout the day.

Document one strategy applied to one instrument. That's important, otherwise your data will be a mess.

Good luck.
Thanks a lot Rabby. Yeah i do daily tracking of my wins, analyse what is working good and what doesn't.
First 2 Month where chaotic because i thought i would act smarter than the bot, making manual decisions all the time. Now i see that this machine works best if you leave it alone, its a well working strategy behind it.
Its always easier said than done to "let it do its thing". With papermoney you even forget it but with your own money its a different beast. But i get calmer every day as i see its working out.

CryptoCurt

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Oct 2, 2019
Germany
Oh, I forgot to ask... are these crypto options, futures, or the currencies themselves? I don't know how much the derivatives market has been built out in this area, but it seems like options could be helpful for hedging, locking in gains, or just trading without the risk of a large position (esp on the short side).
the cryptocurrencies themselves. I trade all coins. But each single one i do a chart analysis upfront to see if this has a "stable" uptrend or a downtrend. No derivatives.

CryptoCurt

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Oct 2, 2019
Germany
Told my wife "hey, remember that money I mentioned that we can afford to lose? Well, we just lost some of it. Coffee?" And I poured two cups of coffee.
Hey she agreed "in good and bad times", right?
If she did not kick your butt, you know you have a great wife.

CryptoCurt

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Oct 2, 2019
Germany
Updated Results:

With the 22nd February, we saw a big dip of roughly -30% throughout the whole cryptomarket.
Here Bitcoin as leading currency :
1614601480150.png
These Dips are normal and must be taken into account. I am still getting used to this rollercoaster-ride, its not a good feeling if you see how your portfolio drops so dramatically. The overall trend will pick up again mid/end this week, according to experts in the field that have more experience.
Sources: cryptosrus, digitalassets, can be found on Youtube.

Last edited:

CryptoCurt

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Oct 2, 2019
Germany
imo bots can make you way less than research & due diligence.

You do have the benefit of automation but in a bear market...I'm not overly confident of what ones results might be.
Good point. Thanks for your comment.
Yes i am with you, this can just be one income stream. High volatility and risk of this investment/trading needs balance or lets call it "Inertial damping system", to let me sleep better...
I need definetely multiple sources of income, for stability.

CryptoCurt

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Oct 2, 2019
Germany
now seem its rebound back! howis ur bots doing
Hi, i had to sell 5 positions with 50% loss.
I created a new rule to close all positions after 120 days.
This frees up capital but of course kills $$$.
Lets see.

Sega Saph

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Dec 17, 2021
Russia
People, this thread it Ia evidence of MJ words. DO NOT TRY become rich by crypto, do it through your business and self improvement.
A huge pice of experience you showed us, sir. Thank you so much!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.