The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Creative ways to buy a business

Giles

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 11, 2007
Morning all :coffee:
Just thought I'd start a discussion on creative ways to buy a business - for those with little to no money. I've looked, but there doesn't seem to be many books on the ways to buy businesses.

So, if you were young (I'm 22), and were looking at buying business ranging from, lets say $5000 (For cheap established websites) to $300,000, what approach would you take.

Can we assume minimal savings for deposits and the likelyhood of a bank loan is Zero.

Finding a partner to provide financing in exchange for a share of the business seems the best method to me? But how many people will partner with someone who doesnt have the ability to provide capital themselves... very little is my guess.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
Great post and I'm actually going through something similar at the moment, although my partner and I are starting this business from scratch and the biggest roadblock is... well.. myself:

1) there is the 9-5(can't wait to dump this!)
2) there are the other avenues that will hold me over while said business is building value and is ready to be sold(i.e. getting my crash course in internet marketing at the moment and finding ways of generating income so that it'll be easier to accomplish #1).
3) realizing that in the internet age with a set objective reaching these goals only takes as much time as you are willing to devote and the saying "work smarter, not harder"... i.e. it has been a little over a month and while there is some progress that has been made, with just a few "all-nighters" it is very possible that this business should be up and running and ready to build value.

So to sum that all up in two words- ACTION and FOCUS

Have both and you can accomplish anything, whether you have money or not, although you might want to add a third word- CREATIVITY

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.