The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Creative Financing

White8

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Dec 6, 2007
Salem, OR
I read an article the other day about Evan Holladay and how he has been able to creatively finance 100% of several affordable housing projects using a combination of grants, tax credits, and low rate financing. I've got a commercial project about to start with significant LTV but I stumbled onto a potential 55 and older residential project while driving around one day and I would like to be able to dive into it as well using those techniques but can't seem to get any information out of the State of Oregon department that may be able to offer some assistance. Is anyone familiar with these sorts of programs on a state or federal level?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
357%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
A major part of this is Low Income Housing Tax Credits (created by the Federal government, and administered by the states). For Oregon, look here: Oregon Housing and Community Services : Grants & Tax Credits : Housing Development : State of Oregon

There are all kinds of rules/regulations/criteria that you have to meet to be eligible, and you normally need to prequalify your project since funds are limited.

Then, find a bunch of wealthy people and convince them to invest. They get the passthrough of the credit, and generally get to take the losses of the business as well.

I often see these with a non-profit as the GP and operator.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.