The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Creating your own fitness supplement or beauty products

futuremills

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jul 29, 2007
SoCal
I want to know has anyone here started your own fitness supps or beauty products I am interested in this area. I just want to specialize in one product and if that works create others and find affiliates. my questions are how much does this require, who do you contact to make the products, and how much do you usually need to buy?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
I want to know has anyone here started your own fitness supps or beauty products I am interested in this area. I just want to specialize in one product and if that works create others and find affiliates. my questions are how much does this require, who do you contact to make the products, and how much do you usually need to buy?

If you live in States, then watch movie Bigger Stronger Faster, it actually shows how easy it is to make supplements!!! Since in USA there is no need for approval of FDA..

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
KungFuSteve has his own supplement. But I am sure he is not going to hand you answers to everything. Digging in and doing your own due diligence will lead you down a better path.

qwerety

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
May 26, 2008
Detroit, MI
If you live in States, then watch movie Bigger Stronger Faster, it actually shows how easy it is to make supplements!!! Since in USA there is no need for approval of FDA..
I remember that part from that movie as well. That was a good documentary.

neverfastenough

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Jul 17, 2008
Ca
futuremills,

The best people to answer your questions are going to be the manufacturers themselves.

Quickly searching google (have you?) turned up this for example:

Q. How much does private labeling cost?

A. Our instock pricing starts at 60 bottles with price breaks at 120, 250, 500 and 1000 bottles. Please ask for our instock Private Label Price sheet. If you don't find what you are looking for in our instock products , we can formulate products to your specification. Most custom-formulations orders range from $2.90 to $4.50 per bottle. This requires a 1000 bottle minium. NHS can accommodate larger or smaller quantities per bottle. Your final price will include the supplement, bottle, cap, liner, seal, label application, box and packaging. Pricing includes house labels; it does not include the cost for custom labels. You may either provide NHS with your label, which we will apply at no charge, or NHS will have your custom label designed and printed.
http://www.nutritionmanufacturer.com/privatelabel.html

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
I remember that part from that movie as well. That was a good documentary.

Yeah! I also remember I was really surprised when the guy said that it costs 2 bucks to make supplement bottle and then he can sell it for 60 bucks... talk about profits!!!

futuremills

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jul 29, 2007
SoCal
futuremills,

The best people to answer your questions are going to be the manufacturers themselves.

Quickly searching google (have you?) turned up this for example:

Private Label Vitamins, supplement manufacturer,vitamin manufacturer for Private label VITAMIN supplements manufacturers, Herbs, Wholesale vitamins and Supplements, only 60 bottles required

thanks this is just what i was looking for...i wanted to contact a manufacture but iwas scared they would not talk to me for not having a tax id

humberto

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 7, 2010
My name is Humberto Vazquez and I am the Sales Manager at SNT,You can visit our website sntmfg_dot_com an learn more about our GMP certified facility.
Just to give you a brief description of who we are, Supplement & Nutrition Technologies, Inc. specializes in private label manufacturing of nutraceutical products. Our company operates with over 50 years of combined experience in the nutraceutical industry with a commitment to provide the highest quality vitamins, minerals and nutritional supplements at competitive prices.

Since we do all our own manufacturing, you can be certain that rigorous quality control standards have been applied and met by every product you receive from SNT. We are GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) certified by the NSF (The Public Health and Safety Company) since October 2005.
Kind Regards,

Humberto Ubiarco Vazquez
Sales Manager
Supplement & Nutrition Technologies
Phone: 480-968-7592
Fax: 480-968-7651
humberto_at_sntmfg_com

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
My name is Humberto Vazquez and I am the Sales Manager at SNT,You can visit our website sntmfg_dot_com an learn more about our GMP certified facility.
Just to give you a brief description of who we are, Supplement & Nutrition Technologies, Inc. specializes in private label manufacturing of nutraceutical products. Our company operates with over 50 years of combined experience in the nutraceutical industry with a commitment to provide the highest quality vitamins, minerals and nutritional supplements at competitive prices.

Since we do all our own manufacturing, you can be certain that rigorous quality control standards have been applied and met by every product you receive from SNT. We are GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) certified by the NSF (The Public Health and Safety Company) since October 2005.
Kind Regards,
Humberto, thank you for the referral -- normally, we do not allow promotional posts from newbies. however I will let this stand because it gives these *ideas* about creating a brand supplement an avenue for execution.

Forza

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1%
Mar 14, 2008
What should the margin be from manufacturer, to you, to retailer, to consumer?

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Humberto, thank you for the referral -- normally, we do not allow promotional posts from newbies. however I will let this stand because it gives these *ideas* about creating a brand supplement an avenue for execution.

Nice, MJ we should go visit them someday. I'd be interested in something like this.

snowman

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 20, 2012
I know its an old thread, but has anyone any private label manufacturer experience recommend a manufacturer to use?
I'd also be interested to hear of any fulfilment services that you used.

Cheers!

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
I have a ton of experience in this area and would be happy to recommend a few companies and help however I can.

I have helped 2 people start their own companies and took no money for it, just a thank you. It really is rewarding helping other people and to me I don't see them as competitors as the market is huge and room for all of us.

Send me a PM as I don't want to spam the board with the names.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
This is an interesting thread. I make my own homemade supplement of sorts. It's a mixture of oatmeal and a bunch of other stuff that makes it taste good (sort of looks like that crap from the Matrix (possible brand name?) I take it help gain lean weight when hockey season approaches. I could probably turn it into a powder/bar/drink and all of the above. When I was younger, I was mass producing fancy popcorn from scratch in my kitchen in like 5 different flavors. It can't be much harder than that.

Anyway -- If you were to start a supplement business then what happens if someone gets sick on your product? This is something that I have always wondered about (clearly I'm not in any business where I make a product). Take something as simple as Creatine. People have used creatine and died during the time of use. Then some insane people try to link creatine to the deaths because of dehydration and so on. Is this where business insurance comes into play?

Finally if you go through with this then you have a huge target market over on bodybuilding.com. They have their own social network for fitness people trying to gain weight, lose weight, and stay healthy in every way possible. I'm sure it would be a good place to promote a supplement, no matter what type of supplement it is.

D

DeletedUser2

I know its an old thread, but has anyone any private label manufacturer experience recommend a manufacturer to use?
I'd also be interested to hear of any fulfilment services that you used.

Cheers!

contact me via PM ill be happy to help

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
contact me via PM ill be happy to help

Do you have experience in the supplement area? What products have you made? I would really be interested to hear. :thankyousign:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.