The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Creating 'Win Wins' and Figuring It Out

Lokantha

Set Goals. Take Risks. Push Boundaries.
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
May 30, 2019
Charlotte, NC
I'm Ryan, a soon to be licensed (waiting on final certificate in the mail) CPA in North Carolina and current part-time MBA student. I have spent the past 5yr out of college working in the corporate world in a '9-5' industry (paint manufacturing) accounting job. I am resilient and many know me for my high work ethic. I often work 8am-12pm (12-2 gym/lunch), then continue until 8-9 at night. I'm tired of working for someone else. I've read many books on entrepreneurship, and am determined to reach my set personal income goals (yes, I have an exact goal and timeline).

I'm looking to help others on this forum, as it helps me think more creatively and apply to myself. I enjoy traveling, I feel limited in my knowledge and ability to understand the world/solve problems without these (typically bi-annual) trips. I am in search of finding an entrepreneurial idea that cash flows both better than my job will pay over time, allows me to meet my personal income goals, and allows the reasonable personal freedom I desire.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard Ryan, we've got several CPA and accountants on the board.

I am in search of finding an entrepreneurial idea that cash flows both better than my job will pay over time,

Entrepreneurial ideas rarely "cash flow" -- there's a substantial ramp up period usually for any idea that is worth its weight. Any that cash flows instanteously will fizzle out in months, if not weeks. The competition for "low hanging fruit" is simply to high for anything to be sustainable.

Lokantha

Set Goals. Take Risks. Push Boundaries.
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
May 30, 2019
Charlotte, NC
Understandable, as monopolistically competitive and perfectly competitive markets usually are. I'm more or less thinking of ideas to build commission over time and/or build a client pool for professionals within a specific market (ex. CPAs & lawyers) to utilize as a team. Allowing them to retain more of the revenue they would physically earn than working for a firm that pays them a salary; if guidance is required for a project we would have experienced individuals to assist beginners in exchange for a percentage of the revenue. This would allow beginners or those who wish to learn something new in the field to learn further. Also allows work flexibility, if he or she wishes to travel a month or months then come back to the workplace, they would have clients and a revenue stream to come back to.

Both would be mutually beneficial to members involved. Most income would go to the group or individual generating the income, except for maybe 3-5% to cover overhead and managerial costs. Any clients brought on board, the individual who brings them on board would get a slight royalty of future revenues. Any member that leaves would agree to non-compete with clients we have interacted with in 2yr as well.

Last edited:

Dignium

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Oct 6, 2017
San Jose, CA Bigg Biz Cluster of Software Fastlane
Understandable, as monopolistically competitive and perfectly competitive markets usually are.

I may take a very small 3-5%

Welcome to the forum. If you havent already read the books found on the footer of the page.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...