The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Figuring out explainer videos

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I've been working on my video production skills for the past several weeks. My videos are mostly a stream-style layout where I screencast with a facecam in the corner, or talking head + slides (I switch back and forth while recording using OBS scenes).

I am also interested in doing these type of explainer videos with Videoscribe or whatever.

Any recommendations for making Khan Academy style videos, i.e. whiteboarding live on the screen?

I think that type of production for an explainer video achieves a similar goal as Videoscribe, but without 10 hours of production time for a 10 minute video.
I used Vittle on an iPad and created some nice little videos. Here’s one:
I’ve also done talking head videos doodling on a clipboard next to my face. That’s particularly engaging. More so than a flipchart.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gazbo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Dec 9, 2021
Sydney
Hey Andy, you should check out The Art of Improvement on YT - he used a whiteboard technique that gets great results, lots of views and lots of subs (heck, I'm one them!).

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
These are nicely done.

I also like the simple CTA at the end that sends us to a ConvertKit landing page to download the accompanying PDF. After opting in we end up back on the YouTube video which shows another of his videos to watch. I wonder if that siphons people from YouTube onto his email list while also keeping people on YouTube?

View: https://youtu.be/xpzpJDRxTuY

View: https://youtu.be/DFjTD8v7xuw

Tom H.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Dec 13, 2019
Jaco, Costa Rica
These are nicely done.

I also like the simple CTA at the end that sends us to a ConvertKit landing page to download the accompanying PDF. After opting in we end up back on the YouTube video which shows another of his videos to watch. I wonder if that siphons people from YouTube onto his email list while also keeping people on YouTube?

View: https://youtu.be/xpzpJDRxTuY

View: https://youtu.be/DFjTD8v7xuw
I actually reached out to Nathan from Productivity Game a couple years ago and ended up creating ePub versions of all of his PDF book summaries for him. He does a great job at this style of video and is one of my go to sources for s book summaries.

I think he actually got some of his email marketing efforts together after joining my Illustrated Chess email list.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.