The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Creating a Positive Clothing Movement

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Empires

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 12, 2016
Planet Earth
I was inspired to start a positive movement, Spread the Love Movement, around a month ago when multiple tragedies were happening.

I started by starting an instagram account, stlmovement, where I post positive images and quotes. That has gained around 1500 followers in a month. That was done all manually, no like/follow bots.

My method for growing the account was:
Post 2-3 pictures a day
Using the 5 most popular hashtags in the niche
Liking 35 pictures per hashtag (175 total) per hour as many times as possible per day

Not saying thats the best method, just the approach I took at it and have seen decent results.

To continue from that, I started a Shopify page, stlmovement.com, where I sell spread the love t-shirts. The shirts have been out for around 2 weeks, no sales yet. Only 3 designs right now.

Marketing attempts so far:
Advertising to followers
Instagram and FB ads

Instagram followers showed some interest in the comments and IG/FB ads had some traffic but no sales. 6 abandoned carts.

Will keep this updated, love to hear any suggestions or questions

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

mrarcher

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jan 26, 2016
Scotland
If I had to guess it would be because you are trying to create a movement for positivity in the wake of recent tragedies and then selling tshirts for profit instead of to donate to helping victims or something along that lines. The abandoned carts were probably to see if money was being put to the cause.

Empires

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 12, 2016
Planet Earth
If I had to guess it would be because you are trying to create a movement for positivity in the wake of recent tragedies and then selling tshirts for profit instead of to donate to helping victims or something along that lines. The abandoned carts were probably to see if money was being put to the cause.
While the tragedies were what it was inspired by they are by no means the basis of the business or the message I am trying to spread. I don't advertise or post anything about any tragedies or current events. Just purely promoting love and positivity. Not trying to profit from tragedies by any means.

mrarcher

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jan 26, 2016
Scotland
While the tragedies were what it was inspired by they are by no means the basis of the business or the message I am trying to spread. I don't advertise or post anything about any tragedies or current events. Just purely promoting love and positivity. Not trying to profit from tragedies by any means.
Its just the impression the site gave me and probably other people too. Its a bit like the charity bands but without the charity. Just food for thought

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Empires

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 12, 2016
Planet Earth
Its just the impression the site gave me and probably other people too. Its a bit like the charity bands but without the charity. Just food for thought
Appreciate the insight, ill keep it in mind. You're right that if one person has that impression some other people might too.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.