The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Create Systems as SOON as you have time

A post of a ranting nature...

NMdad

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
I get it, and I've been there. It seems easier to do all that crap yourself instead of putting time into documenting, training, and answering the inevitable questions from those to whom you delegate.

However, cliche or not, time spent building systems is an investment that pays off. What if it takes you 200% longer to document, train, & answer questions--but you'll never (or rarely) have to do that crap again? Initial pain for intermediate- and long-term gain.

It's an investment that'll prevent future time sucks.

Your future self will thank your present self for doing it.

What's the quickest thing to outsource? Or, what's something you have to do over & over because it's not delegated?

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Curious what some other fastlaners think about when to invest in systems? As early as possible or once you grow? Sometimes you never know when you will see fast growth and will get burned by your lack of systems.

I've mostly been a one-man company until recently. In my first year I said: systems can wait, it will be a while until I am big enough that my lack of systems will hurt me. Well - I am starting to feel that pain after experiencing some massive short term growth.

I'm going into the busiest time of the year and can't pass my accounting off to my temp because it's a big mess nobody but me can understand. My software dev is complete his new projects and can't work on any of the large projects because my original code is all crap, hard to understand, and has no structure. And worst of all - I am too busy to start developing systems right now, so it's easier to just do the work myself.

I'll make it through - however I am kicking myself at this point. Just a rant that will hopefully help newer entrepreneurs avoid similar mistakes!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NMdad

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
Here are a couple ways I decide & have heard other fastlaners decide:
  • What do you suck at?
  • What tasks are $1/hour or $10/hour tasks instead of $100/hour or $1,000/hour tasks?
  • What do I keep putting off? If it really needs to be done, how & to whom can I hand it off?
  • What's a small way or small piece that you can delegate now? Then, after your person does the small thing, what's the next bigger thing you can level them up with? Sort of an incremental process for handing off big things in baby steps.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.