The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Craigslist Experts: Posting Ads in Multiple Cities

Marketing, social media, advertising

CosMoen

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Feb 19, 2011
I basically have an offer which is impossible for people to refuse. I literally am able to pay people $5 for each new member who registers and posts their first comment on a blog I am running for a financial services firm. Thereafter I pay them $7/week for posting one comment a day which only takes them 2-3 minutes a day.

The problem is I need to reach out to a large group of people in a short amount of time. When I posted my ad on craigslist in multiple cities, they were all removed except for one.

I know there are ways to post Craiglist ads in multiple cities. I only need to post one ad in each city. I will not be spam posting multiple ads a day. The gist of the ad would be something like this: https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/...ng_to_hire_blogging_23_minutes_a_day_instant/

Craigslist experts: Is there a way for me to post this same ad in five major cities without getting flagged? Some advice I've heard:
1. Using a VPN to post each ad under a new IP address
2. Use a different email for each ad
3. clear your cache and cookies or use incognito/private browsing

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gerry

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jul 23, 2015
I basically have an offer which is impossible for people to refuse. I literally am able to pay people $5 for each new member who registers and posts their first comment on a blog I am running for a financial services firm. Thereafter I pay them $7/week for posting one comment a day which only takes them 2-3 minutes a day.

The problem is I need to reach out to a large group of people in a short amount of time. When I posted my ad on craigslist in multiple cities, they were all removed except for one.

I know there are ways to post Craiglist ads in multiple cities. I only need to post one ad in each city. I will not be spam posting multiple ads a day. The gist of the ad would be something like this: https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/...ng_to_hire_blogging_23_minutes_a_day_instant/

Craigslist experts: Is there a way for me to post this same ad in five major cities without getting flagged? Some advice I've heard:

Waisec

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Feb 6, 2014
Estonia

I used to get dating traffic from Craigslist and saying it's a massive headache is an understatement. However, if you're feeling masochistic, here's what you need...

-VPN won't do you any good, since CL blacklists IP's and VPN's are shared by several people, so chances are it won't work. You need paid private anonymous proxies, 1 IP per location.
-You will also need a phone number for phone verification. Again, 1 phone number per IP/location. Some sites offer this service. Some apps also work, most don't however. You can try using an app called Burner and buy a number with an area code that matches with the city you're trying to post in.
-Unique email for each account/location.
-Each time you post a new ad clear cookies/cache
-Spin your ad, meaning you have to reword each ad for different cities

Even if you do everything right, you can still get ghosted or flagged for seemingly no reason. You could alternatively try pay for someone to post for you (Google Craigslist poster) or abandon the CL idea and go find yourself another traffic source

Jamie Tapp

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 23, 2016
Give CL AreaChanger a try ... http://clautopilot.net/cl-areachanger-multi-city-craigslist-poster/

It switches your IP address to a chosen city and clears your browser login cookies. Also changes browser-user-agant. Basically CL has no way to know those 10 accounts with a very similar ad are yours.

But you DO need to spin your ads a bit. CL has a good "same phrase" search bot that constantly scans their entire index, so you want to avoid tripping that alarm too many times. This, of course, means don't put same email, phone, web, etc in your ads (bake this stuff into images).

mirandan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Mar 7, 2020
California
I) Craigslist changes flagging algorithm more than once a month, on average. You need to have quality private proxies/1 IP per city /text generators/ capt generators+ a lot of free time and tons of patience. Don't waste your time. When you have a broken pipe, you call to your plumber. Just outsource this work or hire Craigslist poster. I provide Craigslist posting service in multiple US cities( all 50 US states) + some Canadian cities/ 1$-3.5$ per ad. Much depends on your category. I need around 2-3 unique titles/ text bodies (99% unique) + list of your target US cities+photos. It will be enough for successful bulk posting. Don’t fuss with complicated software or worry about posting manually. I have nothing more to say if you need Craigslist poster, write me and we'll discuss details of your project: danbosk@protonmail.ch

II ) You can try all of the so-called automated posting solutions and they all have their respective limitations such as daily posting volume limits, distorted images, etc. More important than that is the fact that no automated solution can keep up with the constant updates to the Craigslist ad filters. People underestimate how often CL releases ad filter updates.

III) Craigslist checks the IP address posting the ad to verify that it’s in an area local to the city in which the ad is being posted. It will also verify your Craigslist account (if you have one) to check the cities that you post in. If you verified that account by phone, the number will also be verified as local to that city. That is quite a series of checks

IV) Also Craigslist displays search results in reverse chronological order, so if you are selling a popular item you can quickly fall further and further in the listings. If you want to keep your item up top, you need to follow some rules. I provide Keywords & Renewals on schedule to keep ads at the Top of the search + Daily reports with links ; Guarantee for each CL ad; Weekly&Monthly packages; Discounts for big orders

Please beware! Daniel Boske is a thief! I sent him the "minimum payment" of $149 that he requested to a bitcoin address he created just for this transaction, and claimed that the funds didn't go through. He probably tried to make me send him more money. He stopped answering all the emails and didn't honor his part of the contract. One month later, the funds got transferred out of the initial bitcoin address. I wish someone had warned me about Daniel Boske. Don't fall in the same trap that I did, and if you do, make sure you report him and warn others too.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Please beware! Daniel Boske is a thief! I sent him the "minimum payment" of $149 that he requested to a bitcoin address he created just for this transaction, and claimed that the funds didn't go through. He probably tried to make me send him more money. He stopped answering all the emails and didn't honor his part of the contract. One month later, the funds got transferred out of the initial bitcoin address. I wish someone had warned me about Daniel Boske. Don't fall in the same trap that I did, and if you do, make sure you report him and warn others too.

So what’s the deal, @DanielB+

mirandan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Mar 7, 2020
California
@Vigilante thank you for being so vigilant :). attached is proof, along with the bitcoin address he sent me. it looks like Daniel Boske is using different email addresses for each site he is posting his ad to. So plus points for tracking his leads.

Attachments

• daniel boske.jpg
    daniel boske.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 10

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
@Vigilante thank you for being so vigilant :). attached is proof, along with the bitcoin address he sent me. it looks like Daniel Boske is using different email addresses for each site he is posting his ad to. So plus points for tracking his leads.
He hasn’t logged in here in a few weeks under that screen name. Unfortunately that post was live with his email address.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
IP is from India.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.