The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Countrywide's Crisis & More!

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
wow, impressive to actually see the breakdown by state. Thanks a lot for sharing.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Bump and moved ... great info ... speed++

NoMoneyDown

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 28, 2007
Round Rock, TX

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
I'd just read that Countrywide is looking at offering 100% financing for a specific scenario:

-If Countrywide has a house that they've foreclosed, and you buy it and finance w/Countrywide, they will extend the greater percentage. Note that getting 90-100% is going to be difficult-- you need to have perfect credit, cash reserves, high income, etc.

I gotta say, I think this is brilliant thinking. What they're doing is taking a loss (bad loan) and instead of having it BK them or having to sell it for pennies on the dollar, they're refinancing it w/someone who has sterling credit and the resources to make the payments (like REIs, yes?!).

A good solution for the situation we are in right now.

Let's see if it happens, and if it works!

-Russ H.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I approached Countrywide not so long ago to ask about this... there were no interesting financing options for me as investor. They do looked interesting for primary residence though.

I'll start making more calls to mortgage brokers soon to find out how it is working with countrywide these days.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
I gotta say, I think this is brilliant thinking. What they're doing is taking a loss (bad loan) and instead of having it BK them or having to sell it for pennies on the dollar, they're refinancing it w/someone who has sterling credit and the resources to make the payments (like REIs, yes?!).

Yea - it seems like a no brainer to me.

These banks have over reacted to the situation. At least now, it seems that a few people have put their thinking caps on and realized that they are not going to get out of this mess by pulling back as hard as they have.

It's about time, and I hope more banks will follow suit.. (I think I read on a different thread here that another bank is already???)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
I'd just read that Countrywide is looking at offering 100% financing for a specific scenario:

-If Countrywide has a house that they've foreclosed, and you buy it and finance w/Countrywide, they will extend the greater percentage. Note that getting 90-100% is going to be difficult-- you need to have perfect credit, cash reserves, high income, etc.

A good solution for the situation we are in right now.

Let's see if it happens, and if it works!

-Russ H.
I've heard about this from another thread. It sounds very interesting. Any links to more information?

Thanks for the info, Andviv.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
It will be interesting - 5 years from now - to look back and see...

Which banks survived - even thrived - during this time and what strategies they put in place.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.