The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Countable Actions in 2017

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

dave773

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Dec 29, 2016
australia
Fix my inner belief system and continue stripping away social conditioning (not exactly countable.) Start one business that gives me location independence. Focusing on only one main goal so I make sure I do it right.

Secondary goals: workout 6 days a week. Let foot heal so I can compete in first triathlon either later this year or next year.

Last edited:

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Bump

MRSupply

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jan 2, 2016
Pennsylvania, United States
In 2017, I will:
- Buy two more multi-family rental properties
- Publish 4 more books
- Publish 500 posts on my website

Edited: Removed non-countable actions :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
This morning I will drink 2 pots of coffee.
This week I I will finish due diligence on 3 new locations.
This month I will add and start selling in at least 1 new locations.
This quarter I will add 3 locations.
This year I will add 10 locations.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Edited:

Some ways you can quantify self improvement: Could you make it your mission to give out 500 compliments this year? Smile at 10,000 strangers?

Reduce negative self talk to 0 instances per day

Remove "I can't do that" from vocabulary (reduce utterances to 0)

My mission is 5,000 cold outreaches. Much smaller #s than what @458 is going for, but I suspect I'm in a smaller vertical and working alone for now.

TeaEarlGreyHot

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 10, 2017
Texas
1. Write a post on my technical blog at least once a week.
2. land one gig writing copy
3. learn to consistently make money through ebay flipping/ make $200 flipping on ebay
4. find 2 more things to add to this list

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Just a thought on setting goals. I almost phrased my above post in terms of the outcome I wanted. However, I can't directly control outcomes. The only thing I can control is my output. If you check out the OP, it was also phrased in such a way.

Of course, always keep an eye on the outcome you want, but phrase your metrics, your countable actions, in terms of the quantity of actions required to achieve that outcome.

@458 has these hugely ambitious numbers, not because he likes cold calling people, but because he's done that math to know if he does X quantity of action, he will achieve Y result. I suspect these #s are what will bring him to over a million in revenue

Phrasing it in this way also keeps you focused on the process, rather than the event. This makes it slightly easier to deal with rejection, since you are merely trying to master a process rather than trying to achieve an outcome (even if you really are going after the outcome).

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Just a thought on setting goals. I almost phrased my above post in terms of the outcome I wanted. However, I can't directly control outcomes. The only thing I can control is my output. If you check out the OP, it was also phrased in such a way.

Of course, always keep an eye on the outcome you want, but phrase your metrics, your countable actions, in terms of the quantity of actions required to achieve that outcome.

@458 has these hugely ambitious numbers, not because he likes cold calling people, but because he's done that math to know if he does X quantity of action, he will achieve Y result. I suspect these #s are what will bring him to over a million in revenue

Phrasing it in this way also keeps you focused on the process, rather than the event. This makes it slightly easier to deal with rejection, since you are merely trying to master a process rather than trying to achieve an outcome (even if you really are going after the outcome).

Perfect & scale, perfect & scale.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.