• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Copycat investing / cloning - anybody doing it?

Discussion in 'Investing/Trading/Cryptocurrency/Altcoins' started by MakeItHappen, Nov 10, 2018 at 9:04 AM.

1. MakeItHappen

MakeItHappen Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,486
    Has anybody practical experience with copycat investing / cloning portfolios of successful (value) investors?

The key idea:
    - Investors that manage $100+ million must report the stocks which they bought/sold quarterly.
    - You can look at the portfolios of the most successful value investment funds (of the last 20 years) and just copy/clone them given you can get the stocks for about the same price which isn't always but quiet often the case.

If you become a decent value investor yourself instead of trying to find stocks on your own you can just analyze the picks of very successful value investors with proven track records and if the stocks make sense to you, you invest.

While there are things that have to be considered the concept makes logical sense to me.
    I read a couple of articles that explain the reasons why a strategy like this might fail and pretty much of these "mistakes" can be avoided.

Now my question to the experienced investors on the forum, what is the catch? While it makes logical sense it just seems to easy of a strategy for beating the market as a retail investor.

PS:
    Here are a couple links I found interesting:
    Beyond Buffett: How To Build Wealth Copying 9 Other Value Stock Pickers

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdX-_2hs50A

Cloning Investments 101

2. DVU

DVU In Progress Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,625
    From my limited knowledge about this topic:

If someone is managing 100+ mil he probably isn't looking for crazy returns.

But as its a lot of money, those small returns make sense.

The amount of money an "average" person would invest wouldn't justify the return over the possible risk.