The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cool model with a lot of potential I came across yesterday (bioenergy pellets)

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
You'll be surprised at the amount of opportunities waiting if you look outside your regular sourcing market (China).

Anyways, for those interested in bioenergy or are involved in bioenergy/wood pellets/pellets, I came across a neat model that is very intriguing.

Coffee is one of the largest commodities produced at about 800 million tons annually. 20-30% of this production involves a significant by-product, parchment. Most, if not all, coffee producers burn this parchment to get rid of it or just throw it away which results in high CO2 emissions, pollution, etc.

Now, there's a company in Korea (came across them yesterday), that have recently developed and patented a process (equipment is patented as well) that takes this worthless parchment and converts it to bioenergy pellets that meet all American and European standards. That's right, worthless material into renewable energy.

Currently discussing with my uncle who's really big in the energy sector but I thought I'd share it with you guys as well. Anyways, this isn't up everyone's alley, but for those interested in the company or process, feel free to post here and I'll pm you the link.

Disclaimer: I am in no way associated with this Korean company. I came across them yesterday and thought the process was very intriguing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
You'll be surprised at the amount of opportunities waiting if you look outside your regular sourcing market (China).

Anyways, for those interested in bioenergy or are involved in bioenergy/wood pellets/pellets, I came across a neat model that is very intriguing.

Coffee is one of the largest commodities produced at about 800 million tons annually. 20-30% of this production involves a significant by-product, parchment. Most, if not all, coffee producers burn this parchment to get rid of it or just throw it away which results in high CO2 emissions, pollution, etc.

Now, there's a company in Korea (came across them yesterday), that have recently developed and patented a process (equipment is patented as well) that takes this worthless parchment and converts it to bioenergy pellets that meet all American and European standards. That's right, worthless material into renewable energy.

Currently discussing with my uncle who's really big in the energy sector but I thought I'd share it with you guys as well. Anyways, this isn't up everyone's alley, but for those interested in the company or process, feel free to post here and I'll pm you the link.

Disclaimer: I am in no way associated with this Korean company. I came across them yesterday and thought the process was very intriguing.

I know absolutely nothing about this and energy sources, but it's a good lesson in how to source ideas.

Some of the coolest concepts have come from utilizing the "useless" biproducts from production processes. Whey is a "useless" byproduct from cheese production which is now used in the multimillion dollar supplement industry. In my stat of Florida, orange peels from juice factories are turned into feed for cattle.

There are many more examples I cannot think of. While this opportunity may be perfect for you, for those of use who are still trying to think of that blockbuster idea, think of industries you know or have connections with that have useless waste.

One mans garbage is another man's treasure.

Edited: autocorrect takeover

Last edited:

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
I know absolutely nothing about this and energy sources, but it's a good lesson in how to source ideas.

Some of the coolest concepts have come from utilizing the "useless" biproducts from production processes. Whey is a "useless" byproduct from cheese production which is now used in the multimillion dollar supplement industry. In my stat of Florida, orange peels from juice factories are turned into feed for cattle.

There are many more examples I cannot think of. While this opportunity may be perfect for you, for those of use who are still trying to think of that blockbuster idea, think of industries you know or have connections with that have useless waste.

One mans garbage is another Armand treasure.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Another example is coffee fruit. Once they take the seeds, the fruit are thrown away. There's a company that takes these fruit, dry it, and turn it into flour (Coffee Flour - company)... just amazing.

soso

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 31, 2015
Hi Money Doc,

thanks for the info, could i get that link pls?

ta

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.