The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Content Process

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

afrankmore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Nov 5, 2020
Central California
When I started my road trip this year I thought I had a great idea for a mobile application. Although, that idea made it to a functional prototype I found myself at a crossroads with moving it forward. During my designing process, a seed that had been planted in my head five years ago started to sprout. As I kept working on the application, drawing out all the details, this seed kept growing and clouded my thinking. I started thinking of ways to use the information from the growing seed, into the application I was designing but it would not take! I stepped back to realize that I was trying to force a process from one business tree to another and they were not compatiable. I then went ahead, gathered all my files for the mobile application and put them in a folder tucked away in my computer.

I decided to nurture and grow the seedling that sprouted up after being planted 5 years earlier. The progress I made with it has been significant, and I found that its so much easier to nurture than the last idea. I am in the process of creating a 3 guide program and eLearning course online targeted towards individuals who need encouragement. I just completed my first draft of workbook 1 which contains 5 lessons. Each lesson is built upon 10 practical steps for that workbook. So for example: Lesson 1 is based on the first two practical steps, Lesson 2 is built on Lesson one concepts as well as practical steps 3 and 4. When the student completes the 5 lessons and their questions, they will move on to the "Final." The final is broken up between all 3 guides, because at the end of the entire program the student will take all three finals and to create their life plan. Their life plan is broken up into sections and allows the student to dig deep within themselves to get the most benefit. That is the gist of the program. There are much more to the program, but with this information maybe I can get some detailed advice. I have broken down my process into small bite size chunks. Rather than focusing on the entire program at once, I have broken it down by workbook guides. As I have stated before, I just completed my first draft of my first workbook.

Should I step back from it for a few days, before coming back into editing, revising, adding, subtracting, etc?? (For better clarity)

If I do step back from it, should I start working on my first draft of my second workbook?

My plan is stick with creating three drafts, after my third draft I plan to hire a professional to help me finalize the product prior to publishing. I am stuck. I don't know if I should just write all three workbooks, then come back and edit/review.. If this makes no sense, i apologize but I will answer all questions if there are any. Thank you for being here and helping me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

afrankmore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Nov 5, 2020
Central California
Wanted to update this... I moved forward with my first workbook. I spent eight hours revising and editing the workbook yesterday. Last night I hired someone to work on the final revisions and touches. This first workbook should be ready for the publisher sometime in the next few days. My plan is to then file my completed workbook on my external hard drive and start my next workbook. Rinse and repeat for all three workbooks, design my workbook book covers and keep the process and execution rolling.

This is going a bit faster than I thought. Do people normally apply breaks and slow down at this point or do I continue pressing that accelerator?
Working on my third workbook and find myself procrastinating. There is a part of me that is enjoying the process of writing content, the feeling I get when I draw my thoughts from my mind and apply them to paper is very satisfying. I have been enjoying reviewing, revising, and re-writing portions of my workbook so I can provide solid content. After writing the first two workbooks I found myself with a product that I feel is ready for the last couple steps. So, I have decided to recruit a couple people I have met in my life journey that work with individuals and programs that my workbooks will target. I am hoping for some solid feedback on where I need to focus or improve before I do pull the trigger on the final steps. In the meanwhile, I have been putting pen to paper on my third and final workbook in my first program. I am in no way a professional on the topic my third workbook focuses on, so i have decided to utilized steps and principals I personally use to grow my financial stability. Unfortuanely, the tools I have used up to this point has been slowlane tools and that is what I am providing to people who are starting over in life from the sidewalk. I feel if I can guide them from the sidewalk to the slowlane then it is up their life choices and decisions from that point to move forward. Ha I guess my fastlane journey is helping people move from the sidewalk to the slowlane.. what a concept! anyways, I decided to post this update as I chronical my journey. Feel free to comment or browse either way Ill be back with an update in due time. Its time for me to finish transferring my workbook from my notepad to my computer, happy Sunday!

Attachments

• Great review.jpg
    Great review.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 2

afrankmore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Nov 5, 2020
Central California
WTF!!!!!! Who ever said this shit was F*cking easy is out of their F*cking mind!! Its not all roses and pink clouds every time you sit and execute. I F*cking smell my brain smoking and not a damn thing is being processed. I'm not stuck but I am stuck! I cant for the life of me figure out what to write for my introductions. A part of me is like F*ck it, you dont need it. Then the detail, OCD me is saying cover all your bases, people need to know whats up and what the program is about. I keep racking my brain on organizing my thoughts and my paragraphs. I have a solid opening but then speaking on the purpose, application and what to expect is frustrating the hell out of me. Yes I understand that I have my topics for my intro. but I cant find my damn words... To top it all off, I keep seeing the bullshit at work and really seeing how we are treated as a warm body, some officers working 18-21 hour shifts just to keep the contract. WTF!!? seriously, do you not have a family? do you not enjoy some time for yourself rather giving a company 21 hours of your life in one shift, that IS INSANITY!!! Maybe my eyes have been open about the real wealth in life is TIME. Time is something we never get back once it has passed by and I refuse to give a company that much of my TIME, when I can focus on my own life, my own business, spend my time with my family... I dont know i am just going through it today!! I was literally sitting at work today, with nothing going on, browsing the F*cking internet!! I was like really dude, you are sitting here with absolutely nothing to do, browsing the F*cking internet wasting your time for a company who gives no shit about you and your time... So I said F*ck it today, closed a stock option earlier than expected to secure my profit (more than I would make that day sitting there) and F*cking went home!! At least I have all my notes, my files, my work that I can focus this time on... and again well shit, wasting time ranting on this thread... maybe in 5 years when i ditch the job and solely focusing on what I am creating I can look back at this and be like well shit, your process was not peaches and cream but here we are working in our new office, in our new modest house, pounding away at emails and setting up speaking engagements.. Anyways im done, I need to get a Bang energy drink, throw on some motivational shit on youtube and put pen to paper...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

afrankmore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Nov 5, 2020
Central California
When I started my road trip this year I thought I had a great idea for a mobile application. Although, that idea made it to a functional prototype I found myself at a crossroads with moving it forward. During my designing process, a seed that had been planted in my head five years ago started to sprout. As I kept working on the application, drawing out all the details, this seed kept growing and clouded my thinking. I started thinking of ways to use the information from the growing seed, into the application I was designing but it would not take! I stepped back to realize that I was trying to force a process from one business tree to another and they were not compatiable. I then went ahead, gathered all my files for the mobile application and put them in a folder tucked away in my computer.

I decided to nurture and grow the seedling that sprouted up after being planted 5 years earlier. The progress I made with it has been significant, and I found that its so much easier to nurture than the last idea. I am in the process of creating a 3 guide program and eLearning course online targeted towards individuals who need encouragement. I just completed my first draft of workbook 1 which contains 5 lessons. Each lesson is built upon 10 practical steps for that workbook. So for example: Lesson 1 is based on the first two practical steps, Lesson 2 is built on Lesson one concepts as well as practical steps 3 and 4. When the student completes the 5 lessons and their questions, they will move on to the "Final." The final is broken up between all 3 guides, because at the end of the entire program the student will take all three finals and to create their life plan. Their life plan is broken up into sections and allows the student to dig deep within themselves to get the most benefit. That is the gist of the program. There are much more to the program, but with this information maybe I can get some detailed advice. I have broken down my process into small bite size chunks. Rather than focusing on the entire program at once, I have broken it down by workbook guides. As I have stated before, I just completed my first draft of my first workbook.

Should I step back from it for a few days, before coming back into editing, revising, adding, subtracting, etc?? (For better clarity)

If I do step back from it, should I start working on my first draft of my second workbook?

My plan is stick with creating three drafts, after my third draft I plan to hire a professional to help me finalize the product prior to publishing. I am stuck. I don't know if I should just write all three workbooks, then come back and edit/review.. If this makes no sense, i apologize but I will answer all questions if there are any. Thank you for being here and helping me.
Wanted to update this... I moved forward with my first workbook. I spent eight hours revising and editing the workbook yesterday. Last night I hired someone to work on the final revisions and touches. This first workbook should be ready for the publisher sometime in the next few days. My plan is to then file my completed workbook on my external hard drive and start my next workbook. Rinse and repeat for all three workbooks, design my workbook book covers and keep the process and execution rolling.

This is going a bit faster than I thought. Do people normally apply breaks and slow down at this point or do I continue pressing that accelerator?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.