The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Content marketing journey

Marketing, social media, advertising

Twiizlar

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Mar 4, 2012
Damn, I've been a member for 4.5 years with nothing to show. But that is ok! I've learned a lot through my failures and will be going at this next venture strong.

So, in all of my business I have started there was one thing I enjoyed more than anything else, and that was growing my social media presence. Social media just really clicks with me and I like looking at the numbers grow.

So I thought about starting a social media consultancy. Except, while you could make money in the long run it would just be creating another job for me. I wanted something that I could scale and eventually turn into almost passive income.

www.ivysocialmedia.com was born!

It is a blog about how to grow your social media presence. It is still in it's infancy stage right now with only 3 posts. The design could use a lot of work but I decided to just get the minimum information up so I can test interest. Previously I would spend hours on optimizing the website and making it look good only for it to be a failure.

Currently, I plan to market the website 2 ways. One being SEO (starting today). Only thing is I am a complete beginner to SEO so I will be learning everything from the ground up.

The other way is through using niche social media accounts. I currently have 3 on instagram that I started a long time ago but stopped for awhile
1. @freshentrepreneur (3681 followers): I post entrepreneur motivation
2. @exotic4cars_ (5127 followers): Post exotic cars
3. @greaterlifestyle (4119 followers): Post luxury stuff
I plan to start doing the same thing on twitter. But I currently have my hands full running these accounts on instagram.

I plan to monetize this by creating my own video course on how to use social media to grow your own business. I will create this once I have enough of an email list (500+)

I currently have 11 people on my email list.

To do:

-Optimize website for mobile since I am getting a lot of hits from mobile due to instagram
-Create an ebook to give away for email signups
-Create more content, I plan on posting twice a week

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.