The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Laser focus on content creation

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Remiremi

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Feb 18, 2018
Paris
New Progress Thread (Previous Title : Content Creation & Copywriting)

My Main Activity Content Creation is not profitable yet, so I need to keep going hard at it and find a way to make extra income on the side.

At my current burn rate, I still have enough savings to last 3.5 months (mid-June 2020)

My long term strategy is:
- to become excellent at creating quality at lightning speed
- to become good at acquiring traffic
- to become good at selling information products (class & ebooks)

The list of skills I am looking to acquire is the following:
- Content Production (video): a promising start, I would rank myself as 'advance beginner.'
- Copywriting: I have started; my level is 'noob.'
- Maintaining a Wordpress website: I haven't started yet
- Content Production (writing): I haven't started yet
- Sales Video on Youtube: I haven't started yet
- Growing a mailing list: I haven't started yet
- Sell products on my website
My current focus is on those two skills in bold.

My strategy to level up my Content Production (video) skill is to produce videos daily.

My strategy to level up my Copywriting skill is to start freelance copywriting as a side hustle (target 2hours/day), ultimately killing two birds with one stone as I will learn to Copywrite on the job. By the way, I chose this method because I want to get better at copywriting by writing real copies.

NEXT MILESTONES

Milestone 1: Publishing my next product before the 12th of March.
Milestone 2: Reaching 1000€ / month by doing freelance copywriting in 90 days.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Remiremi

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Feb 18, 2018
Paris
My starting point for learning freelance copywriting is @Lex DeVille 's class on Udemy.

This evening, I want to go through a couple of videos before calling it a night.

Also, I want to rewrite my daily affirmations to incorporate all my new goals.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Good luck!

Remiremi

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Feb 18, 2018
Paris
Today I learned the basic stuff, what types of copywriting exist and how do they feel like.

In a nutshell, those types are aimed at 4 different outcomes:
· get a response from the reader
· simplify complex stuff
· create an identity the reader will connect with
· tell them a story they want to live too

But before talking about any of those types the main 3 things a copywriter needs to do is:
- travel to where the audience is and discover their custom, languages, and beliefs
- write as you belong in their gang
- show them the way

Simple enough!

Content-production-wise I produced the first video of my new product, I am not very happy with the results and will probably rerecord it later, but the idea is there. I really wanted to put down the first brick before the start of the weekend. Now I have started and can keep on building instead of overthinking.

Remiremi

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Feb 18, 2018
Paris
So based on market feedback, I want to move toward pushing content on Youtube much sooner.

I want to start pushing content three times a week to Youtube, starting next month.

Like this, it gives me one month to warm up as a YT content creator and to set up the website and the mailing list.

It also gives me one month to publish two more products that I think would be better suited to my original strategy than my first one.

To accommodate to this new rhythm, I will reshape my day as below:

First, wake up and eat a light breakfast. Work 2 hours on freelance copywriting in the morning, then at 11 am, eat a consistent meal with fifty grams of protein. Digest and recover. Work on the video production from 1 pm to 4 pm; then spend 20/30 minutes setting up the WordPress funnel. Stop sharp, go to the gym to workout, end the day. Recover and review the day.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
I'm confused. I thought you were doing AI related stuff? Are you learning copywriting in the context of selling that sort of content to an audience?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Remiremi

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Feb 18, 2018
Paris
I'm confused. I thought you were doing AI related stuff? Are you learning copywriting in the context of selling that sort of content to an audience?

Yes I am going down the AI content creator road, and I identified three main pieces of the puzzle:

- Creating engaging content
- Acquiring Traffic
- Selling products

All those item above will directly use Copywriting or be drastically improved by this skill.

Also when I released my first product I discovered I was way too slow at the process of writing copy, so I need training.

Problem is my production rate is too slow to allow training my Copywriting skills daily by writing copy for my own products.

And, on top of that I will be out of cash in three months. (without gambling on how many product sales I am gonna make, so I might be totally fine.. But I still prefer to be on the safe side)

So freelancing my way to Copywriting mastery is killing two birds with one stone.

Remiremi

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Feb 18, 2018
Paris
Changing time allocation to

2 hours / day working on video production
4 hours / day working on freelance copywriting

I have set up an accountability system at beeminder for these two goals, threatening me of financial loss if I don't execute on those goals.

Later today I have a session scheduled with a friend to set up daily affirmations and goal setting once and for all.

SD Entrepreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Jul 12, 2019
San Diego, CA
New Progress Thread

My Main Activity Content Creation is not profitable yet, so I need to keep going hard at it and find a way to make extra income on the side.

At my current burn rate, I still have enough savings to last 3.5 months (mid-June 2020)

My long term strategy is:
- to become excellent at creating quality at lightning speed
- to become good at acquiring traffic
- to become good at selling information products (class & ebooks)

The list of skills I am looking to acquire is the following:
- Content Production (video): a promising start, I would rank myself as 'advance beginner.'
- Copywriting: I have started; my level is 'noob.'
- Maintaining a Wordpress website: I haven't started yet
- Content Production (writing): I haven't started yet
- Sales Video on Youtube: I haven't started yet
- Growing a mailing list: I haven't started yet
- Sell products on my website
My current focus is on those two skills in bold.

My strategy to level up my Content Production (video) skill is to produce videos daily.

My strategy to level up my Copywriting skill is to start freelance copywriting as a side hustle (target 2hours/day), ultimately killing two birds with one stone as I will learn to Copywrite on the job. By the way, I chose this method because I want to get better at copywriting by writing real copies.

NEXT MILESTONES

Milestone 1: Publishing my next product before the 12th of March.
Milestone 2: Reaching 1000€ / month by doing freelance copywriting in 90 days.
Just posted a few days back about how I landed two clients quickly, one being a content writing client on Upwork. Might be helpful for you: post here

Remiremi

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Feb 18, 2018
Paris
Hey!

Quick update: I am dropping out of the Freelance Copywriting challenge to focus exclusively on Content Creation.

With the recent events and the results of my activity in the last two weeks, I see a window of opportunity.

This opportunity requires laser-focus on the task.

I am still dedicated to learning copywriting, but instead of "learn & earn", it will be "learn & apply" on my own products.

My priority is now:
- 75% Content creation
- 10% Getting to know my audience
- 15% Building the funnel

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content