The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Contacting A Potential Mentor For The First Time, Advice Appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMatt

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Nov 14, 2011
I live in an area where very few people have money, so finding a mentor has not been an easy task.

I do not mean to sound desperate in needing a mentor but its been three years of minor win and failures, i know it would only help me.

I recently got contact information to a wealthy local businessman who has helped some friends of mine in the past and appearantly enjoys teaching as long as you are willing to take the advice of course and act upon the knowledge.

I get nervous pretty easily with phone calls buy this could be a substantial piece to my future puzzle so it must be done. I have never talked to a millionaire in my entire life.

What I was planning to do is call and introduce myself, saying how i was pointed in his direction, say I'm interested in x business and if we could get together at his convenience. Of course also tell him my limited skill set and offer to help with anything he may need help with.

Typing this on a phone and a bit tired so forgive me if this post is poorly written.

If anyone has any advice or insight on my first call to a potential mentor/millionaire that I've never met, i would love to hear it.

Thank you in advance to the fast lane forum and its wonderful contributors.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007