• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Trading Life for a Weekend?
    Build a Business, Build a Life.
    Unleash the Dream.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is an entrepreneurial business strategy that unleashes dreams, frees time, and explodes your incomes—but more importantly, it changes your life forever. Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.

FREE Download (Unscripted) FREE Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.

Off-Topic Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather

Discussion in 'Off Topic: Sports, Funnies, Pop-Culture' started by Fox, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Fox

Fox Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $43,983
    Its on.

If you want the perfect case study of "event" versus "process" - Conor McGregor is it.
    Go watch his old YouTube clips about mindset, beliefs and taking action.

There will be no losers, only two nine figure winners.

Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 9.30.20 AM.png

2. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,855
    God I'm so pumped for it

Kingmaker, bitsinmyblood and Fox like this.
  3. loop101

loop101 Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $446
    Connor has never fought a pro Boxing match, and Mayweather has never lost one. I expect this to be a debacle, but I really hope I am wrong. Tim Ferris trained for a year, and won a kickboxing match in China by exploiting a loophole, maybe Connor has an angle he can work.

Connor gets a $100M for losing a match against a guy he can still brag that he could beat in a "real fight", and Mayeather gets his 50th straight win with no chance of losing. It's a win-win for both of them.

4. Digamma

Digamma Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $11,698
    Great analysis. And the mind-blowing prospect of Mayweather losing is gonna rake in so much profits this might be, business-wise, the greatest sport event ever concocted by a marketer's mind.

5. jasoncuellar123

jasoncuellar123 Money Never Sleeps Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,175
    I know who I'm not betting on.

6. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke The Horrendous Space Kablooie Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $26,668
    Bruh, McGregor wins it. Duh!

7. Scot

Scot Ductus Exemplo Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $26,939
    I'm kind of bummed it's a boxing match and not UFC match. With Mcgregor going into Mayweathers territory, I'm not so optimistic.

Greg Rutkowski likes this.
  8. Fox

Fox Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $43,983
    I am looking at accommodation and flights now. Would be my first time in Vegas.
    Anyone else thinking of going?

9. G-Man

G-Man Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $3,999
    Agreed. Can't blame McGregor, though. For that kind of money I'd fight Floyd. My wife would probably still have $100 million after funeral costs. :smile2:

10. Argue

Argue Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,778
    Conor is gonna reck Floyd Bumweather :rofl:

The disrespect already started :rofl:

[​IMG]

Locomote and The Racing Driver like this.
  11. Azure

Azure Perpetual Motion Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,406
    Is there actually any proof of Ferriss winning a Wushu championship? I recall a group of very knowledgeable Wushu fans disputing his claims on a Wushu forum before.

It seems like a bit of a tall tale.

Determined2012 likes this.
  12. NeverTooLate

NeverTooLate Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $401
    I think it'll be a one sided fight, but I'm considering going if I can get ahold of tickets for the event. If it is anything like the Pacquiao fight, that's going to be tough.

13. G-Man

G-Man Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $3,999
    That's where this is going. 24 months after McGregor loses there will be a rematch in an MMA cage which Mayweather will lose.

After Mayweather loses and retires, McGregor will get too confident and get beat by a hungry up and comer, but he will go back to his roots, get trained by Mayweather, and regain his title.

Then, McGregor will have to fight an undefeated giant Russian after he kills Mayweather in an exhibition match. The media will accuse Putin of hacking Mayweather's medical records to exploit his unknown injuries, thus leading to his death. Because of this, McGregor will have to do the fight in Russia, but not before training in Siberia, climbing a snowy mountain, and re-connecting with his wife.

It's gonna be $1 Billion multi-year escapade. They might even try to resurrect the franchise 20 years later.

14. Scot

Scot Ductus Exemplo Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $26,939
    [​IMG]

15. HustleHard

HustleHard Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $250
    Would be nice to see McGregor shock the world and give Mayweather his first loss, in McGregor's first pro boxing match. It would tarnish Mayweather's legacy. :)

16. CycleGuy

CycleGuy Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,640
    Just mentioned to my buddies yesterday how smart this is for Conor. It doesn't matter if he's jabbed to death every round. He's going to come out with twice his net worth after this fight.

This could potentially lead to a MMA match between the two as well as another poster just mentioned.

AgainstAllOdds likes this.
  17. V8Bill

V8Bill Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $16,510
    One hundred million dollars...good god.

18. damiendunn

damiendunn New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $32
    Is it just me, or will this be a reprise of the other "fight of the century", in which the fighters made trillions while the viewers got dick?

19. HustleHard

HustleHard Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $250
    Mayweather would never agree to an MMA match, he has far too much pride to be humiliated and pummeled so easily in front of millions.

CPisHere likes this.
  20. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,855
    He won due to a loophole, it was mentioned on the joe rogan podcast by tim ferris himself.

loop101 likes this.
  21. AgainstAllOdds

AgainstAllOdds Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $40,820
    I'm bookmarking my own comment to follow up with in a couple months with an "I told you so."

McGregor has zero chance of winning. If any of you have ever trained boxing or followed boxing as a fan, then you know this.

Also, this will likely be an incredibly short and mediocre fight. Floyd Mayweather is one of the most boring fighters to watch, extremely defensive, and risk averse. The only exciting parts will be when McGregor opens himself up and gets pummeled.

I won't be paying for this fight. Every single Mayweather fight for the past ten years has been a disappointment. However, it seems like people have a short memory or no knowledge at all of how this fight will look.

With that said, I'll be checking the odds and putting up to $10k on Mayweather if the odds are more favorable than 10-1.

McGregor has zero chance of winning. Only way he'd win is if Mayweather threw the fight, however Mayweather's brand is built around being undefeated. He won't trash his brand for a "rematch" which he can get without trashing it.

You really think in 2 months someone can find an "angle" to beat the winningest fighter of our generation?

This. Hype for this fight will be amazing. Fight itself will be boring and short.

His brand's built around being undefeated. It's not just pride but a lifetime of branding atstake.

Expect tickets to be $2k+ for nosebleeds. Mayweather fights have a tendency to be manipulated on the promotion side to limit the amount of tickets sold.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  22. Azure

Azure Perpetual Motion Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,406
    Oh I'm well aware that Ferriss has made the claim, I'm not questioning that.

I'm questioning whether or not it really happened.

Determined2012 and JasonR like this.
  23. Denim Chicken

Rep Bank:
    $3,855
    All true. But, Mayweather hasnt fought in 2 years and he's 40 years old. Even the untouchable best of the best like Anderson Silva, there comes a time when you just stop being as good as you were. Its unfortunate that it leads to a shitload of brutal knockouts on the way out to retirement though.

I dont buy the argument that Mayweather has trouble with southpaws, I think theyre just trying to promote it that way. But I think age and father time might be the biggest factor IF anything.

Also, we know Conor hits a few weight classes above in terms of power. Even grazing or landing not flush on Mayweather could be damaging, after all Myweather's been tagged before.

And one argument I haven't heard yet is that Conor may be some sort of prodigy or fast learner. I know people like this, shit just comes natural to some people. He's also very intelligent. Every time he says he's going to do something he does it. He predicted the Jose Aldo knockout in the back when prepping for the fight and everyone said it couldn't be done. Same goes for Eddie Alvarez, and Nate Diaz 2. As a matter of fact, every single opponent they said, nope he can't beat them, he got lucky.

And finally, everyone said Mayweather V conor is never going to happen.

I'm putting a bit more weight and hope into Conor pulling something out of his ass. But of course, realistically he won't win it will most likely be a boring fight by someone who is very defensive and good at being evasive and taking little damage, versus someone who tries to take his head off with power punches and eventually gasses out.

I say, round 2 KO by Conor or it goes to decision to Mayweather.

I just want to see the press conferences and promo tbh lol

TeveTorbes, Nick Patrocky and Argue like this.
  24. Ninjakid

Ninjakid Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Some random planet, orbiting some random star
    Rep Bank:
    $8,865
    Jose Aldo was also undefeated in the featherweight division, and no one could touch him. People were saying Conor had no chance and this would be an easy win for Jose. What happened? Conor K.O.'d him in 13 seconds. 13. Can't argue with math.

Mayweather may be undefeated, but let's not forget the lengths boxing has gone to to protect their poster boy. For the better part of a decade he hasn't fought a serious contender until Manny. Not to mention he dodged Manny for years, and when he finally agreed to fight him, Manny was out of his prime, had a torn rotator cuff, and wasn't allowed to take medication for it.

But I still hear a lot of people say a since Mayweather is a boxer, and it's a boxing match, he obviously has the advantage. Conor has had lots of professional boxing training even before the fight between him and Floyd was a conceivable idea. At it's core, boxing, is striking with the hands, and if you have ever seen Conor punch, you can see it's like black magic; the way his timing is absolute and his fists drain life from his opponents. Now that Conor's been preparing for this fight, he's been able to train with even more focus on his boxing ability. So the same guy who knocked out the featherweight champ in 13 seconds has now decided he's going to destroy Mayweather and has been training his ass of to do it.

My verdict: Conor Mcgregor takes the win.

Nick Patrocky likes this.
  25. Ninjakid

Ninjakid Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Some random planet, orbiting some random star
    Rep Bank:
    $8,865
    @Fox you should include a voting poll in this thread: Conor or Floyd