The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Its on.

If you want the perfect case study of "event" versus "process" - Conor McGregor is it.
Go watch his old YouTube clips about mindset, beliefs and taking action.

There will be no losers, only two nine figure winners.

Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 9.30.20 AM.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
Connor has never fought a pro Boxing match, and Mayweather has never lost one. I expect this to be a debacle, but I really hope I am wrong. Tim Ferris trained for a year, and won a kickboxing match in China by exploiting a loophole, maybe Connor has an angle he can work.

Connor gets a $100M for losing a match against a guy he can still brag that he could beat in a "real fight", and Mayeather gets his 50th straight win with no chance of losing. It's a win-win for both of them.

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
Connor has never fought a pro Boxing match, and Mayweather has never lost one. I expect this to be a debacle, but I really hope I am wrong. Tim Ferris trained for a year, and won a kickboxing match in China by exploiting a loophole, maybe Connor has an angle he can work.

Connor gets a $100M for losing a match against a guy he can still brag that he could beat in a "real fight", and Mayeather gets his 50th straight win with no chance of losing. It's a win-win for both of them.
Great analysis. And the mind-blowing prospect of Mayweather losing is gonna rake in so much profits this might be, business-wise, the greatest sport event ever concocted by a marketer's mind.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I'm kind of bummed it's a boxing match and not UFC match. With Mcgregor going into Mayweathers territory, I'm not so optimistic.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
I'm kind of bummed it's a boxing match and not UFC match. With Mcgregor going into Mayweathers territory, I'm not so optimistic.

Agreed. Can't blame McGregor, though. For that kind of money I'd fight Floyd. My wife would probably still have $100 million after funeral costs. :smile2:

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
Conor is gonna reck Floyd Bumweather :rofl:

The disrespect already started :rofl:

21bkdht.png

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016

Is there actually any proof of Ferriss winning a Wushu championship? I recall a group of very knowledgeable Wushu fans disputing his claims on a Wushu forum before.

It seems like a bit of a tall tale.

ZeroToOne

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
May 6, 2017
KS
I am looking at accommodation and flights now. Would be my first time in Vegas.
Anyone else thinking of going?

I think it'll be a one sided fight, but I'm considering going if I can get ahold of tickets for the event. If it is anything like the Pacquiao fight, that's going to be tough.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014

That's where this is going. 24 months after McGregor loses there will be a rematch in an MMA cage which Mayweather will lose.

After Mayweather loses and retires, McGregor will get too confident and get beat by a hungry up and comer, but he will go back to his roots, get trained by Mayweather, and regain his title.

Then, McGregor will have to fight an undefeated giant Russian after he kills Mayweather in an exhibition match. The media will accuse Putin of hacking Mayweather's medical records to exploit his unknown injuries, thus leading to his death. Because of this, McGregor will have to do the fight in Russia, but not before training in Siberia, climbing a snowy mountain, and re-connecting with his wife.

It's gonna be $1 Billion multi-year escapade. They might even try to resurrect the franchise 20 years later.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
That's where this is going. 24 months after McGregor loses there will be a rematch in an MMA cage which Mayweather will lose.

After Mayweather loses and retires, McGregor will get too confident and get beat by a hungry up and comer, but he will go back to his roots, get trained by Mayweather, and regain his title.

Then, McGregor will have to fight an undefeated giant Russian after he kills Mayweather in an exhibition match. The media will accuse Putin of hacking Mayweather's medical records to exploit his unknown injuries, thus leading to his death. Because of this, McGregor will have to do the fight in Russia, but not before training in Siberia, climbing a snowy mountain, and re-connecting with his wife.

It's gonna be $1 Billion multi-year escapade. They might even try to resurrect the franchise 20 years later.

19092608.jpg

HustleHard

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Oct 2, 2016
Would be nice to see McGregor shock the world and give Mayweather his first loss, in McGregor's first pro boxing match. It would tarnish Mayweather's legacy. :)

CycleGuy

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
Jan 16, 2015
Midwest
Just mentioned to my buddies yesterday how smart this is for Conor. It doesn't matter if he's jabbed to death every round. He's going to come out with twice his net worth after this fight.

This could potentially lead to a MMA match between the two as well as another poster just mentioned.

HustleHard

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Oct 2, 2016
Just mentioned to my buddies yesterday how smart this is for Conor. It doesn't matter if he's jabbed to death every round. He's going to come out with twice his net worth after this fight.

This could potentially lead to a MMA match between the two as well as another poster just mentioned.

Mayweather would never agree to an MMA match, he has far too much pride to be humiliated and pummeled so easily in front of millions.

Denim Chicken

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Jun 5, 2010
California
Is there actually any proof of Ferriss winning a Wushu championship? I recall a group of very knowledgeable Wushu fans disputing his claims on a Wushu forum before.

It seems like a bit of a tall tale.
He won due to a loophole, it was mentioned on the joe rogan podcast by tim ferris himself.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
I'm bookmarking my own comment to follow up with in a couple months with an "I told you so."

McGregor has zero chance of winning. If any of you have ever trained boxing or followed boxing as a fan, then you know this.

Also, this will likely be an incredibly short and mediocre fight. Floyd Mayweather is one of the most boring fighters to watch, extremely defensive, and risk averse. The only exciting parts will be when McGregor opens himself up and gets pummeled.

I won't be paying for this fight. Every single Mayweather fight for the past ten years has been a disappointment. However, it seems like people have a short memory or no knowledge at all of how this fight will look.

With that said, I'll be checking the odds and putting up to $10k on Mayweather if the odds are more favorable than 10-1.

McGregor has zero chance of winning. Only way he'd win is if Mayweather threw the fight, however Mayweather's brand is built around being undefeated. He won't trash his brand for a "rematch" which he can get without trashing it.

Tim Ferris trained for a year, and won a kickboxing match in China by exploiting a loophole, maybe Connor has an angle he can work.

You really think in 2 months someone can find an "angle" to beat the winningest fighter of our generation?

Is it just me, or will this be a reprise of the other "fight of the century", in which the fighters made trillions while the viewers got dick?

This. Hype for this fight will be amazing. Fight itself will be boring and short.

Mayweather would never agree to an MMA match, he has far too much pride to be humiliated and pummeled so easily in front of millions.

His brand's built around being undefeated. It's not just pride but a lifetime of branding atstake.

I am looking at accommodation and flights now. Would be my first time in Vegas.
Anyone else thinking of going?

Expect tickets to be $2k+ for nosebleeds. Mayweather fights have a tendency to be manipulated on the promotion side to limit the amount of tickets sold.

Last edited:

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
He won due to a loophole, it was mentioned on the joe rogan podcast by tim ferris himself.

Oh I'm well aware that Ferriss has made the claim, I'm not questioning that.

I'm questioning whether or not it really happened.

Denim Chicken

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Jun 5, 2010
California
I'm bookmarking my own comment to follow up with in a couple months with an "I told you so."

McGregor has zero chance of winning. If any of you have ever trained boxing or followed boxing as a fan, then you know this.

Also, this will likely be an incredibly short and mediocre fight. Floyd Mayweather is one of the most boring fighters to watch, extremely defensive, and risk averse. The only exciting parts will be when McGregor opens himself up and gets pummeled.

I won't be paying for this fight. Every single Mayweather fight for the past ten years has been a disappointment. However, it seems like people have a short memory or no knowledge at all of how this fight will look.

With that said, I'll be checking the odds and putting up to $10k on Mayweather if the odds are more favorable than 10-1.

McGregor has zero chance of winning. Only way he'd win is if Mayweather threw the fight, however Mayweather's brand is built around being undefeated. He won't trash his brand for a "rematch" which he can get without trashing it.

You really think in 2 months someone can find an "angle" to beat the winningest fighter of our generation?

This. Hype for this fight will be amazing. Fight itself will be boring and short.

His brand's built around being undefeated. It's not just pride but a lifetime of branding atstake.

Expect tickets to be $2k+ for nosebleeds. Mayweather fights have a tendency to be manipulated on the promotion side to limit the amount of tickets sold.

All true. But, Mayweather hasnt fought in 2 years and he's 40 years old. Even the untouchable best of the best like Anderson Silva, there comes a time when you just stop being as good as you were. Its unfortunate that it leads to a shitload of brutal knockouts on the way out to retirement though.

I dont buy the argument that Mayweather has trouble with southpaws, I think theyre just trying to promote it that way. But I think age and father time might be the biggest factor IF anything.

Also, we know Conor hits a few weight classes above in terms of power. Even grazing or landing not flush on Mayweather could be damaging, after all Myweather's been tagged before.

And one argument I haven't heard yet is that Conor may be some sort of prodigy or fast learner. I know people like this, shit just comes natural to some people. He's also very intelligent. Every time he says he's going to do something he does it. He predicted the Jose Aldo knockout in the back when prepping for the fight and everyone said it couldn't be done. Same goes for Eddie Alvarez, and Nate Diaz 2. As a matter of fact, every single opponent they said, nope he can't beat them, he got lucky.

And finally, everyone said Mayweather V conor is never going to happen.

I'm putting a bit more weight and hope into Conor pulling something out of his a$$. But of course, realistically he won't win it will most likely be a boring fight by someone who is very defensive and good at being evasive and taking little damage, versus someone who tries to take his head off with power punches and eventually gasses out.

I say, round 2 KO by Conor or it goes to decision to Mayweather.

I just want to see the press conferences and promo tbh lol

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh

Jose Aldo was also undefeated in the featherweight division, and no one could touch him. People were saying Conor had no chance and this would be an easy win for Jose. What happened? Conor K.O.'d him in 13 seconds. 13. Can't argue with math.

Mayweather may be undefeated, but let's not forget the lengths boxing has gone to to protect their poster boy. For the better part of a decade he hasn't fought a serious contender until Manny. Not to mention he dodged Manny for years, and when he finally agreed to fight him, Manny was out of his prime, had a torn rotator cuff, and wasn't allowed to take medication for it.

But I still hear a lot of people say a since Mayweather is a boxer, and it's a boxing match, he obviously has the advantage. Conor has had lots of professional boxing training even before the fight between him and Floyd was a conceivable idea. At it's core, boxing, is striking with the hands, and if you have ever seen Conor punch, you can see it's like black magic; the way his timing is absolute and his fists drain life from his opponents. Now that Conor's been preparing for this fight, he's been able to train with even more focus on his boxing ability. So the same guy who knocked out the featherweight champ in 13 seconds has now decided he's going to destroy Mayweather and has been training his a$$ of to do it.

My verdict: Conor Mcgregor takes the win.

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia

This is one of those sports bar type of fights...no way I'm paying for this at home.

MG

Locomote

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
362%
Feb 10, 2017
Canada
Form a business point of view McGregor has already won.. he's leveraged everything he has to get this fight.. and baited the highest paid/most successful sports person ever into coming out of retirement to give him the biggest payday to date! He's done this so that he can have the cash to buy his way into the UFC. Thats been his goal since day one.

As a business man this is just another step on his way to the top!

-----------

As a spectator Im booking my I told you so too! McGregor to win.

I just have this feeling he'll pull out an upset.
  • He's not new to boxing, it was the first combat sport he participated in before diversifying.
  • His hands are his strength.
  • Reach advantage.
  • Height advantage.
  • Youth advantage.
But most importantly McGregor is a man for an occasion, the only thing he loves above all else is winning!

Don't be surprised if he plays this one differently. Everyone is expecting him to go to Floyd, I wouldn't be surprised if he waited for Floyd to come to him... just my thoughts lol but I'll be putting my money where my mouth is.

@Fox we may have to breakout a new cereal box to fund the trip ;)

momomaurice

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
Jose Aldo was also undefeated in the featherweight division, and no one could touch him. People were saying Conor had no chance and this would be an easy win for Jose. What happened? Conor K.O.'d him in 13 seconds. 13. Can't argue with math.

Mayweather may be undefeated, but let's not forget the lengths boxing has gone to to protect their poster boy. For the better part of a decade he hasn't fought a serious contender until Manny. Not to mention he dodged Manny for years, and when he finally agreed to fight him, Manny was out of his prime, had a torn rotator cuff, and wasn't allowed to take medication for it.

But I still hear a lot of people say a since Mayweather is a boxer, and it's a boxing match, he obviously has the advantage. Conor has had lots of professional boxing training even before the fight between him and Floyd was a conceivable idea. At it's core, boxing, is striking with the hands, and if you have ever seen Conor punch, you can see it's like black magic; the way his timing is absolute and his fists drain life from his opponents. Now that Conor's been preparing for this fight, he's been able to train with even more focus on his boxing ability. So the same guy who knocked out the featherweight champ in 13 seconds has now decided he's going to destroy Mayweather and has been training his a$$ of to do it.

My verdict: Conor Mcgregor takes the win.

In the last 10 years he fought and whooped Canelo Alvarez, beat Oscar De La Hoya, Ricky Hatton and Marcos Maidana twice. There's a video of Mcgregor sparring a German boxer and he doesn't look very good but people seem to think Mcgregor ,an amateur boxer can beat Mayweather who fought multiple world class boxers and beat every single one is going to win.

Denim Chicken

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Jun 5, 2010
California
In the last 10 years he fought and whooped Canelo Alvarez, beat Oscar De La Hoya, Ricky Hatton and Marcos Maidana twice. There's a video of Mcgregor sparring a German boxer and he doesn't look very good but people seem to think Mcgregor ,an amateur boxer can beat Mayweather who fought multiple world class boxers and beat every single one is going to win.

This is all true. But Conor is also bigger. Bob Sapp vs Ernesto Hoost, Sapp destroys Hoost in a show of brutal size over skill of the K-1 kickboxing champ. Skill can certainly bridge size differential but size does play a factor.

With age and size differential as well as reach advantage, I just want to believe damn it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.