The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Kraelog

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Sep 17, 2015
I've worked in Debt Collecting for several years, so my 2 cents:

1) "he agreed to backdate the payments at the end of the free trial if he was happy with the results"

Here you basically state that you are working for free and you might be paid if the owner is happy with the results. Therefore there is no legal obligation for the client to pay anything.

2) "I met with the business manager. In the meeting he said he was happy for me to send him an invoice for the 2 months unpaid work we done."

The business manager clearly does not have the authority to decide on this matter and even then, you have nothing in writing.

"Can anyone suggest anything? Can I take this further? "

There is nothing to take further. You have no contract, there is no legal obligation to pay anything and as such, there is no unpaid invoice. Anything you print is simply a waste of paper and ink.

It sucks, but move on.

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
Since I've been there before a word of advice; always make sure the person you are dealing with actually has the authority to actually pay invoices. Lots of time managers don't have that authority, they just can receive quotes and monitor progress but the actual invoices are sent to someone else. Therefore make sure you get everything in writing as well.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.