The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Complacent - Advice From Personal Experience

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
Even though my experience is pretty limited, here's one of the most important things that needs to be said over and over and over and over.

Don't get too comfortable, EVER. Always achieve more. There is no such thing as a peak. When you think you can do nothing else, it's a plateau, not your prime/limits. It's mainly mental but never give up on pursuing the best you can be.

Here's a story that just happened recently to me.

I had a business I've been building the past 3 years and things were going great, last year I made over 4xx,xxx profit. I started investing a lot of this back into the business to grow even faster and scale.

This year was expected to triple that(and we were doing so the first few months.) Now, I got complacent with the business and started taking regular trips and thinking the biz was never going to end. Wrong! You need to be constantly building, until you sell out there is no stopping.

So, my business revolved around one main company that supplied a service, a HUGE company.
Thought I had nothing to worry about.
They went bankrupt 3 months ago.

4 Months ago ran into some heavy medical and auto bills. No sweat, right? Biz is going good so I can pay these upfront without worrying a monthly bill plan.

A few of you know about my past and how I've got a family to support of 5 so a month after the company I worked with went bankrupt the stress took over. Now 2 months later, things are great. I'm not in a great place financially but my motivation is there 10x more and created a master plan for the next 2 years.
Those who fail to plan, plan to fail.

What I should've done from the start is focused on a new startup that was entirely in my control but got comfortable with the great money(sometimes 50k/month or more).

This time focusing on pure control of my part.
All I do now is work on my business, work-out, and talk to people on this forum to learn more.

For those with ADHD
-Be In Control
-Never lose control
-Never Stop
-It's over when you sell, not when you're scaling.

*Biz was revolving around lead generation

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.