The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Commercial Real Estate

randallg99

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
commercially backed mortgages continue to show stress and it appears there is more room for downfall before stabilizing. Several banks I am familiar with have not reopened their commercial divisions yet.....

TC2

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 30, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Any recommend resources for commercial RE investment? Can a person invest on commercial property?

There are too many empty commercial properties out here in East Valley in Phone metro area.

I am also wondering a way to buy/lease a small space in front of the commercial property to put up billboard, if it meets the city code.

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
Terence,

I mis-understood the second part of your post. Please accept my apology. It's obvious you know to contact the planning dept.

All the best.

Reefbreak

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 18, 2009
San Diego
Any recommend resources for commercial RE investment? Can a person invest on commercial property?

You may want to consider a Vanguard low cost REIT index fund, or the corresponding ETF VNQ, as ways to invest in commercial real estate. Both have very low management fees of .15% and pay dividends... another attractive element of REITS. There are significant barriers for most individuals to actually own commercial real estate (though it can be done), and is the reason that large pension funds, insurance companies, and REITS own the bulk of large, A-rated commercial space.

I believe some REIT exposure to be good for most investment portfolios and recommend placing them in your tax sheltered (401K, IRA) accounts.

TC2

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 30, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
OK. Obviously, I have something new to learn.

RE investment is totally new to me. Thanks for the information. I know where to get start.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

randallg99

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
Terence, lots of CRE owners are facing difficulties at this time so any talk of cash flow will be like music to their ears. Taking advantage of this idea is a prudent step, IMO

Re: billboards, speak with township attorney before going to the landlord to make sure its kosher and viable (and financially realistic). Having this info beforehand establishes a bit of landlord's confidence in your idea.

Keep in mind to prepare for any objections the landlord may have, i.e. blocking visibility of existing structures, signs, decrease value, etc...

good luck!

Feb 11, 2010
Hello guys and buddies!

I am 22 years old and looking to get in the commercial real estate industry, preferably the leasing aspect. What would be fundamentally required for a person as young as me to be even considered for a job in a large commercial real estate firm? Considering I have a real estate agents license, what else would be needed or would interest a company in hiring someone so young? In other words, how can I get my foot in such an industry, thus giving me a chance to work my way up....

Note Regarding Posts:

Welcome to the fastlane. Please post an introduction in the intro section and read the forum rules. You may post your siglink once you've been an established member for a while.

Thank you,

Sparlin (Mod.)

hofster

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 2, 2010
Terence, lots of CRE owners are facing difficulties at this time so any talk of cash flow will be like music to their ears. Taking advantage of this idea is a prudent step, IMO

Re: billboards, speak with township attorney before going to the landlord to make sure its kosher and viable (and financially realistic). Having this info beforehand establishes a bit of landlord's confidence in your idea.

Keep in mind to prepare for any objections the landlord may have, i.e. blocking visibility of existing structures, signs, decrease value, etc...

good luck!

I do agree with your opinions, it's really a good and flexible job....
Very well said, thanks for sharing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.