The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Commercial janitorial franchise.. Anyone doing this???

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 13, 2012
Hello, I am currently in the process of gathering info with this. I know this isn't necessarily fastlane but I figure it will give me a little more "free time" to actually work on the good stuff and also raise some capital. I am on my lunch break @ work typing this so I will come back and type in the details. Has anyone done this from scratch or is anyone currently doing this willing to shar some insight. I would really appreciate it.

smidget of background:
My older brother's fiance has been working through this company for 4 years. This is her only job and now she is at the point where she doesn't work at all but rather runs it like a business. Her intial input was 9k with a guarunteed income of 3k per month for a year. Fast forward 4 years later and she still has her intial 4 year old franchise but now her and my brother re-invested in another one @ 16k. She swears by it and I can honestly say she is living really well. Of course this is the outside looking in and I do pick her brain a lot. But if there's anyone here with actual expericence with this I'd looove to hear it.
Thanks
Charles

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

YMCMB

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 25, 2012
I have also thought about this. I know its a popular business. Anyone have any insight?

MNentre

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Dec 11, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I work with these people on a daily basis since I manage 4 commercial properties. It is not fastlane in my opinion. There is a lot of management that has to happen day to day. We havent been able to find a good cleaning company, so the owner definitely hears an earful from me.

SlimTycoon

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 8, 2012
I work with these people on a daily basis since I manage 4 commercial properties. It is not fastlane in my opinion. There is a lot of management that has to happen day to day. We havent been able to find a good cleaning company, so the owner definitely hears an earful from me.

Cleaning companies are not different than any other business. Not all CPA's are good nor are all cleaning companies good.

It most certainly is fastlane. I know of a gentleman that built a janitorial services company to just under $1billion in annual sales in under 10 years. He did it by buying other janitorial companies and rolling them into one. I've spent years as an Investment Banker, doing just want I described. Believe me, doing roll-ups is a VERY FASTLANE strategy. You can build massive wealth in under 5 years doing the above.

Rerun

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Aug 7, 2012
I know of a gentleman that built a janitorial services company to just under $1billion in annual sales in under 10 years. He did it by buying other janitorial companies and rolling them into one.

Can to share how you would go about acquiring so many companies so rapidly? I'm guessing you need massive investment capital to do this, whether it's your money or someone else's?

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas

The reason why is because most owners look for the cheapest people possible. When you chase the dollar down, you end up with bad service.

Cleaning companies are not different than any other business. Not all CPA's are good nor are all cleaning companies good.

It most certainly is fastlane. I know of a gentleman that built a janitorial services company to just under $1billion in annual sales in under 10 years. He did it by buying other janitorial companies and rolling them into one. I've spent years as an Investment Banker, doing just want I described. Believe me, doing roll-ups is a VERY FASTLANE strategy. You can build massive wealth in under 5 years doing the above.

Rolling up a ton of companies is fast lane, but the op didn't mention rolling up companies to create an empire. They are just wanting to start one.

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Apr 12, 2012
Can to share how you would go about acquiring so many companies so rapidly? I'm guessing you need massive investment capital to do this, whether it's your money or someone else's?
The book Your First 100 Million by Daniel Peña talks about this. Maybe the book might be for you however the book doesn't come cheap... it costs $197 at the moment.

SlimTycoon

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 8, 2012

MASSIVE? No. Some? yes.

If you were to come up with $800K("yours", investors or SPECIALIZED LENDERS), believe it or not, you could acquire a $100 million/annual sales company. To answer your question. You'll use the profits from your "platform company" to reinvest in acquisitions. Buying 3-4 companies a year is not RAPID nor fast. That's what I like to call.... "about right".

Some Fortune 500 companies easily buy 12-15 companies a year. That's how MOST big companies become big. Google, Microsoft, Amazon....that's how they all get so massive. It's not purely demand for their products/services. ALL businesses have a plateau, ALL of them. You can only grow internally for so long. It's best to start off buying companies that way you don't hit your plateau to soon. There is a lot that goes on "behind the closed business door" that you'll never hear about unless you run in those business circles.

Most business books have people misdirected and confused about business and the way things are really done.

The least of concerns is the cash. There are dozens of ways to structure the deal to lessen capital outlay. DOZENS.

You can also raise private funding through private placements, etc.... I'll stop here because I could write an entire volume of books on buying companies.

SlimTycoon

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 8, 2012
The reason why is because most owners look for the cheapest people possible. When you chase the dollar down, you end up with bad service.

Rolling up a ton of companies is fast lane, but the op didn't mention rolling up companies to create an empire. They are just wanting to start one.

That is how you start 1 company.

Cardinal Heath is a $100 billion company. It's a combination of over 150 acquired companies rolled into ONE. That's not an empire. It's one massive company. :00

The point of me mentioning rolling companies was to make a point about the Janitorial Business being a good Fastlane opportunity.

I've been an investment banker for close to 15 years. I'm passionate about the deal process and doing deals. Excuse me for going off topic, I do apologize. I love high level business and talking about it.

:0)

Rerun

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Aug 7, 2012
Good stuff. Do go on... :)

Edit: Don't meant to encourage the thread from going too off topic and OP not getting his questions answered, but I like were this is going.

InMotion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 18, 2011

So true...this practice is so rampant it is unbelievable.

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
That is how you start 1 company.

I've been an investment banker for close to 15 years. I'm passionate about the deal process and doing deals. Excuse me for going off topic, I do apologize. I love high level business and talking about it.

:0)

The problem is most entrepreneurs will never get past one shop with a few employees. Most can dream of buying companies and rolling them up to some big conglomerate, but most will never even try.

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 13, 2012
Wow, Its great to see some actual activity on this thread.
Now please allow me to elaborate a little now that people seem to have interest in helping out.

I'm a recent college grad working a 30k a years job with a new little one. 30k was cool when it was only me. I was still able to stay up late nights studying, reading, making phone calls and all the things I needed to do to make progress on my businesses, but now I can't hustle as much on the side because of time being swallowed. While I know the franchise isn't fast lane at all. My intentions with this investment would be to help add capital with little time needed.

The smallest entry level investment is 3k. This investment guarantees me a net annual income of 6k. while this isn't a huge profit or gain. I will be afforded more time to away from the 9-5 which in turn can be added to my actual passion work.. becoming wealthy.
I am not a guru of any type and while I have read MJ'S book I am still green and crave knowlege to improve my situation. My brother's fiance actually earns 9k of passive income(she owns 3 franchises and delegates all aspects of the business) from this very same company. This makes me comfortable at least trying this at a entry level as I know they can supply my company with the intial business that my current situation wouldn't not allow intially at least.
Thanks for any input guys and excuse my ignorance. I am here to learn and I will be in the fast lane within 3-5 years I hope i can learn more here!

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 13, 2012
I have many great plans but if this can be a current form of additional income to help me pay programmer,marketers..etc I wouldnt mind
thanks again

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
The smallest entry level investment is 3k. This investment guarantees me a net annual income of 6k.

What? A passive ROI of 100% guaranteed? How does that work? Seems fishy to me.

JAVB

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Apr 20, 2011
Florida, USA
I just bought a Janitorial and Commercial Cleaning company for $500,000 - I've never been in this business. The company has been around for 20 years. It gets $900k/ in revenue. No office (lease) no big overhead. Just 14 employees. Lots of work that is sub-contracted. Clients with the company for 4,7,10 years. Owner netting $185k/year. My goal is to learn all about it, grow it, and apply all the improvements I see can be applied. Then acquire other local ones or grow it state wide. Would love to hear tips from other previous or current Commercial Cleaning business owners.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.