The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Commandment of Entry Question

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
So what are modern areas with an entry barrier?

When entry barriers go down, execution barriers go up.

Sure it might be easy to clone a Twitter app, but executing it into mass adoption, not so easy.

So yes, entry barriers throughout the web space has gone down significantly, and hence, execution barriers have risen in lock step. This is why excellence of execution is required to overcome.

The true entry barrier then becomes problem/solution identification and then execution.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted50669

VR Apps in unity are pretty easy with a vuforia asset import. Someone without knowledge of C# can just dot a unity build with a vuforia license and make AR / VR apps at commercial quality. That being said, the demand curve for AR/VR will likely outpace the availability of elite app developers, and people who can use tools like ARToolKit for Android or ARKit for IOS will cash out - especially if they understand dynamic content instead of in-place rendering.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Don't let a glut of "programmers" deter you.

There is a shortage of real computer scientists that can code whole systems that can scale to meet the needs of the business. There's an even greater shortage of programmers with great soft skills.

Soft skills + real comp sci chops = unstoppable force in programming.

Jueruss

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Apr 1, 2018
Germany
TMF was published in 2011.

Entry changes when time passes. So I have a very simple question.

Which entry barriers have changed, especially in the digital and programming sector?

This sector is full of WordPress and freelancers.
Ok I admit WP is for basic stuff this is no real option to have an own technology,
but it easy to get an app or a website developed.

Programming a twitter / upwork / uber clone is really not that hard, it just need some time.

Are platforms or apps still fitting the commandment of entry?
Does a mobile application?
VR Apps / Games?
Big Data software?
Artificial intelligence? (this is above my skill level yet, so for me it's a barrier)
Smartcontract apps for cryptos? (above my skill level to, I haven't learned this yet)

learning to code isn't hard anymore, unless someone is stupid.
So what are modern areas with an entry barrier?

What are new markets with a entry barrier which have not been there in 2011?

Jueruss

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Apr 1, 2018
Germany
Don't let a glut of "programmers" deter you.

There is a shortage of real computer scientists that can code whole systems that can scale to meet the needs of the business. There's an even greater shortage of programmers with great soft skills.

Soft skills + real comp sci chops = unstoppable force in programming.
So it looks like a spotted it wrong. So basically I consider myself as Programmer to.

I started with programming when I was 15. Today I use react to make apps or web apps. Python for some crawling and so on. I'm no expert. But I am definitely no beginner to this. From time to time I do this work for friends or people I know, but I am a salesperson mainly.
The point is I love it but the skill seems to be less and less important in my view.

Yes they are needed by companies but they get hired. They are no fastlaners or are they? I like coding to but does it really helps me go become a millionaire? For me it looks more like "Do what you love" to get rich stuff or am I wrong on this?

MJ had a good replay to this.
When entry barriers go down, execution barriers go up.

Sure it might be easy to clone a Twitter app, but executing it into mass adoption, not so easy.

So yes, entry barriers throughout the web space has gone down significantly, and hence, execution barriers have risen in lock step. This is why excellence of execution is required to overcome.

The true entry barrier then becomes problem/solution identification and then execution.

What or Where Is the best place or way to learn this skills?

Brendan8450

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jun 29, 2018
Leeds, UK
(I AM GOING NEGAN ON YOUR a$$)

CODING? Hell well, you already show your arrogance. TELL ME how your father feels..?

DO NOT...think you are too smart. You have not, and...I REPEAT..HAVE NOT covered everything.. You want your next coding experiment? Try your parents...

Your assumed arrogance is your downfall.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.