The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Coming up with a name

Ernie McCracken

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Sep 2, 2017
Seattle, WA
I realize name is not the most important part of a business, but the value you build around it. Still, it's worth discussing how almost every meaningful word and combination of words is not going to be available as a .com + all social media handles.

For a premium or luxury consumer brand, which option do you like best? I thought I had finally settled on a name, but the twitter isn't available (it's literally never been used, though). I thought about another one, but the instagram is taken (personal account, 200 followers). Really obscure word combinations, too! Couldn't believe it.

Current options:
  1. Try to buy the social media accounts. Realistically, there's little to no budget for this.
  2. Don't worry about the social media accounts matching the website/brand name exactly. Just reserve handles that are as close as possible.
  3. Invent a new word with an X in it or slap "ify" on the end of a word. Grab all the accounts. This is easiest, but I think slightly harder to build a high end image around.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.