The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Coming Out of a Dark Side of a Heaven

Anything related to matters of the mind

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Hey guys!

I was contemplating my entire evening about this post, but decided to keep it short and sweet so to appeal to our busy entrepreneur friends! It's 5:30 am and here it is:

Situational Background

Most of you already know me, so I am not going to go into detailed personal introduction as this post is not about that. I've joined this amazing forum one and a half year ago (the moment I quit my job and began my entrepreneurial journey) - within a year since joining this forum I've had many business failures, lost many 'friends', gained 45kg (I've turned into a bloody watermelon!), lost self-confidence and fell into a severe depression (the dark place where happiness and sadness doesn't exist, food doesn't have a taste, music doesn't have a meaning and colour doesn't make a difference anymore).

Severe Emotional Crash

I was avoiding any kind of treatment at all costs until I finally succumbed to chronic depression that resulted in many lonely weeks lying in bed all the time - this began since last December. I stopped participating in the forum, lost my entrepreneurial vision and the pain was so severe that I began contemplating suicide in order to cut the chains off and release myself from the self-built mental prison.

Reaching Out For Help

As the new year begun, I decided to swallow my ego and reach out for help. I decided to finally book a counsellor and change my circle of 'friends', before considering any physical treatment. Long story short, it took me roughly 5 months and I started noticing changes.

Thanks to my new, supportive circle of friends - who are a lot more entrepreneurial and understanding than my previous 'friends' who constantly reminded me of my financial losses and what cool toys I could have bought and how much money I could have made if I had stayed in my former job, instead of 'wasting' entire year on entrepreneurship, I began feeling normal again. I slowly started eating healthier and going to the gym regardless of my mood swings.

In addition, although I rarely see my counsellor, he has made a great impact on my recovery, too. He told me of many businessmen who almost committed suicide, sailed through multiple bankruptcies and re-surfaced a lot more financially, emotionally and physically successful.

Results

It has been half a year since my lowest point. The decision to change circle of friends and seek out for professional help has helped me crawl back out of a very dark place called 'nothingness'. Also, it has been two months since I re-joined the gym, started eating healthy again, lost 30kg and am slowly pursuing another entrepreneurial idea that is already proven and isn't anything revolutionary, but will help me gain additional self-confidence and make some money at the same time.

Instead of creating another progress thread and tracking my body transformation and new business venture , I'll direct my focus on action and results and I am going to post my findings and results with photos/pics when I reach my desired weight and revenue targets.

Recommendations

Guys, many entrepreneurs suffer from mental illness. If you feel depressed, anxious, or simply battling with negative emotions on a regular basis - reach out for professional help and do your best to find the trigger of such emotions (mine was 'friends' who constantly reminded me of lost money and time). Don't let depression grow inside of you as it will totally consume you and impact anyone close to you - who still cares about your well-being. If you can't swallow your ego and get into a face-to-face battle with your demons, do it for your loved ones and your future self.

P.S. I don't have words to properly explain how much of a positive impact this amazing community has had on me. @MJ DeMarco has created not just an entrepreneurial forum, but the community where members rise by lifting others up, the community that treats each other with dignity and respect and is built on ambition to help each other succeed. Thank You @MJ DeMarco and the community members - without you my journey could have lead me into the wrong direction and I might have never typed this message, or any message at all ever again.

P.S.S. Additional thanks to @AndrewNC for your understanding and support. Guys like you is an asset to any community, including our amazing forum.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Marcek Wirzyk

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 2, 2017
Poland
Hi Almantas, I was so touched by your post that decided to join this forum and send you a heartfelt appreciation for your transparency regarding your experience dealing with a depression. We need more people like you, who don't surrender and do their best to inspire others to do the same. Thank you! :)

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Hi Almantas, I was so touched by your post that decided to join this forum and send you a heartfelt appreciation for your transparency regarding your experience dealing with a depression. We need more people like you, who don't surrender and do their best to inspire others to do the same. Thank you! :)

Thank you. Glad that my story has had a significant positive impact. Keep your hustle mode on, introduce yourself and join our family!

Marcek Wirzyk

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 2, 2017
Poland
Thank you. Glad that my story has had a significant positive impact. Keep your hustle mode on, introduce yourself and join our family!

Thank you! I will, indeed! Best of luck with your transformation and business goals! :)

abrakamowse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Mar 11, 2017
New Jersey
Hi Almantas, great post. I was also dealing with depression. Meditation helped me a lot to finally say that negatives thoughts really can't affect me. I'm not those thoughts. Now it sounds simple, but it took me years to overcome that depression. Thanks for sharing your experiences!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Hi Almantas, great post. I was also dealing with depression. Meditation helped me a lot to finally say that negatives thoughts really can't affect me. I'm not those thoughts. Now it sounds simple, but it took me years to overcome that depression. Thanks for sharing your experiences!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Hi Abrak!

Thanks for reading and responding to my post. How's your mental state now? I hope depression is behind you now.
Yeah, meditation is a very strong tool to have against depression. As you mentioned, when you realize that your thoughts are nothing but an illusion created by your subconscious, tackling depression becomes easy.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.