The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Comercial property in great market- no parking

Samuriscimi

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Oct 1, 2016
Valencia, Spain
Hey guys,

So a friend of mine (he's kind of like a grandad to me) has a camera store on Woodward Avenue in Birmingham, Michigan. For those of you that don't know, this particular area is becoming incredibly expensive.

The building is old, awkward, and clunky, but the man's paid it off years ago and bought off all his partners. He's got a second half and upstairs that he rents to a bank.

We want to expand the building, add a floor and get some more tenants in- but here's the problem.
VERY limited parking.

There's a single lot, but between his store and the bank's employees, its almost always full.

Which means: we can't add normal big comercial tenants because they require a bigger lot.

Got any ideas?
Anything with very low levels of parking but marketable enough to justify renovating the building for.

We're considering things like a fancy condo- only requires one or two parking spaces and we just stick it on top of the existing building. Could be ugly, but there's a growing market for street-side condos.

Would love any tips, hints, or thoughts! (I know nothing about real estate, and am trying to bone up on zoning laws, but am generally clueless)

thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.