The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Comcast/ Xfinity HORRIBLE Customer Service & Gift Card Scams

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
Who does due diligence on well known brands?! I don't...didn't...until now... Lesson learned.

From the date of order my transaction with Comcast was a HEADACHE.

1. Deceptive installation quotes.
2. Don't honor gift card promotions.
3. Arbitrarily change your plan without notifying you.

HIDDEN FEES AND CHARGES!!!

I signed up for the Xfinity total package. This promotion was a 2 year contract that came with a $500 gift card once you get the plan for $199 per month, which includes 4 cable boxes, DVR, internet, all cable/movie channels, and house phone.

After hassling day in and day out with the customer service reps about my installation costs, monthly bill, and contract issues I finally got it all sorted. WHEW! That took exactly ONE MONTH for them to UPDATE my account.

Only to then check my gift card status and get the following message:

Our records indicate that the account holder did not accept the minimum term agreement required for this offer.
I signed up online for this service/promotion and verified everything with their cyber tech, as well as the installer, as well as the customer service reps I had to call. I was told in the end that everything would be taken care of. It has not been.

I decided to google "Comcast $500 gift card". Countless threads and forums appeared from customers who did not get their gift cards, even though they upheld their part of the contract.

The customer service people are not very helpful. They should not be allowed to do this.

I'm soooo mad!!!!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Felix II

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 6, 2010
I HATE comcast. I just cancelled my account on Monday.

They wouldn't budge on a $50 tech fee that I didn't want to pay (on principle, due to my crappy service and the time and money I spent trying to get things working).

I told them to wave the fee or I would cancel. The guy said it would be "illegal" because if they did it for me they had to do it for everyone.
I told him that was BS. The next day I called customer service to cancel and they offered me exactly what I asked for (waving the fee) but by then I was so pissed off I said forget it.

Now I'm stuck with slow service, but honestly, I don't care because I refuse to put up with bad customer service.

Let that be a lesson. They would not budge over $50 and lost me forever as a customer. That is $1000's per year that they will not collect from me. They traded potentially $10,000's (since I am a long term customer) for $50. Not to mention all the bad press they will get from me (how many customers will that cost them?)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Cox Communications is just a bad, perhaps worst. I have a story about them that literally stole 1 day out of my life -- talking about it would further waste more of my time which I'd rather not bequeath to this pathetic corporation. In fact, that story is still ongoing and hasn't been resolved.

LibertyForMe

Habits pave the path to success.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 5, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
In my experience, Time Warner Cable is complete garbage as well. They screwed up my statement three times in a row, and randomly sent a maintenance guy out to shut off the internet without letting us know; even though I was current on my billing... I think the majority of cable/internet companies just suck.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PopEmersen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 2, 2011
Atlanta, GA, US
In my opinion, all home cable companies suck pure a$$. They all have horrible customer service.

ATT
Comcast
Cox
Time Warner
DirecPath(THE WORST OF ALL)

the whole lot.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Cox Communications is just a bad, perhaps worst.

Not to mention their internet service is always freakin down. Especially in the middle of the night when I do most of my work. :mad: FAIL.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.