The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Coding

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

Kwara miguel

New Contributor
May 28, 2021
Hi guys
I have great idea to get to the fastlane but my only problem is my inability to create my own phone app which My idea are based on.i would paid so want to make it for me but I don't not have much and will like to learn the skill myself.all am trying to ask is that if anyone knows of any way to learn this skill at a low cost should please help me out .I already try YouTube but it is not going well.
Thank you in advance

SeeZawL

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jun 23, 2021
Texas, USA
There are numerous places where you can learn new skills. As far as development, the ones that I use most often are:
  • oreilly.com - Subscription to thousands of technical books. There's a free 10-day trial. ~$50 USD a month after that.
  • udemy.com - You can find some good courses on here if you prefer more of a follow along style. Never pay full price for a course--they go on sale all the time. Should be able to find a good course for less than $20 USD. Flash sale currently going on.
  • Official documentation - going to the source is a great reference, and occasionally there are actually some decent tutorials/getting started guides.

Steeltip

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Mar 17, 2021
Houston, TX
It depends on how well you want to learn the skill. I am in the process of doing Launch School which I would highly recommend if you truly want to put the time and effort into mastering coding. I found personally that udemy and youtube tutorials were lacking if you were trying to learn the concepts yourself. You may end up getting a patchwork of knowledge that may or may not help you.

Bituin.tech

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Apr 7, 2019
South Florida
Hi guys
I have great idea to get to the fastlane but my only problem is my inability to create my own phone app which My idea are based on.i would paid so want to make it for me but I don't not have much and will like to learn the skill myself.all am trying to ask is that if anyone knows of any way to learn this skill at a low cost should please help me out .I already try YouTube but it is not going well.
Thank you in advance
When I'm learning something new, and it's not going well, it's usually because I'm starting too deep with the topic without understanding key foundational concepts.

I'd recommend learning the basics first. Search for "Beginning Programming" or "Programming Basics". Once you're comfortable with if/then, variables, and data types, then you should pick a language to study.

Learning programming is a process, not an event. It's going to take some time and some hard work. But the more you keep at it, the more you will master. Don't give up and good luck!

Hadrian

Celtic Whispers
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Got a few tips for Indie devs in here:

Deani1232

New Contributor
Jan 1, 2021
Hi guys
Thank you in advance
Welcome to the coding journey Kwara! It's a fun but tedious road so I'm hoping you have some mettle. One of the hardest things about learning to program is that there's just so many technologies and different ways of learning different stuff. I recommend that you use a roadmap from Developer Roadmaps (Perhaps the front-end one) to start your journey. You would probably benefit from starting the front-end roadmap first. Use these to get your feet wet and understand where tech generally fits together in the greater ecosystem, and then once you have a general understanding of what you don't know, simply problem solve your way into a solution. Udemy courses are great resources and they have sales 5-6 times a month. Never pay full price for a Udemy course.

If you are very strong on the business side, consider finding a technical cofounder that can focus specifically on the technology in your stack. You don't NEED one, but they can be nice to have!

Good luck!

Kwara miguel

New Contributor
May 28, 2021
There are numerous places where you can learn new skills. As far as development, the ones that I use most often are:
  • oreilly.com - Subscription to thousands of technical books. There's a free 10-day trial. ~$50 USD a month after that.
  • udemy.com - You can find some good courses on here if you prefer more of a follow along style. Never pay full price for a course--they go on sale all the time. Should be able to find a good course for less than $20 USD. Flash sale currently going on.
  • Official documentation - going to the source is a great reference, and occasionally there are actually some decent tutorials/getting started guides.
Thank you for the suggestion ,I will definitely check them out

Kwara miguel

New Contributor
May 28, 2021
It depends on how well you want to learn the skill. I am in the process of doing Launch School which I would highly recommend if you truly want to put the time and effort into mastering coding. I found personally that udemy and youtube tutorials were lacking if you were trying to learn the concepts yourself. You may end up getting a patchwork of knowledge that may or may not help you.
I would like to master it and become a pro.if you help I will grateful

Kwara miguel

New Contributor
May 28, 2021
When I'm learning something new, and it's not going well, it's usually because I'm starting too deep with the topic without understanding key foundational concepts.

I'd recommend learning the basics first. Search for "Beginning Programming" or "Programming Basics". Once you're comfortable with if/then, variables, and data types, then you should pick a language to study.

Learning programming is a process, not an event. It's going to take some time and some hard work. But the more you keep at it, the more you will master. Don't give up and good luck!
Thank you

Kwara miguel

New Contributor
May 28, 2021
Welcome to the coding journey Kwara! It's a fun but tedious road so I'm hoping you have some mettle. One of the hardest things about learning to program is that there's just so many technologies and different ways of learning different stuff. I recommend that you use a roadmap from Developer Roadmaps (Perhaps the front-end one) to start your journey. You would probably benefit from starting the front-end roadmap first. Use these to get your feet wet and understand where tech generally fits together in the greater ecosystem, and then once you have a general understanding of what you don't know, simply problem solve your way into a solution. Udemy courses are great resources and they have sales 5-6 times a month. Never pay full price for a Udemy course.

If you are very strong on the business side, consider finding a technical cofounder that can focus specifically on the technology in your stack. You don't NEED one, but they can be nice to have!

Good luck!
Thank you

Kwara miguel

New Contributor
May 28, 2021
Got a few tips for Indie devs in here:

This is a great inside

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
Hi Guys! Just wanted to chime in and say that I am a part of Fox's Web School program. Though I...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Any update? Hey bud! When I can squeeze out the time to work, it's been going pretty well...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Chris is super sharp and is aware of many facets of entrepreneurship and can help get your...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
This month's promo code is MINDCONTROL Those who are subscribed to my new Youtube channel will...
MARKETPLACE Entrepreneur's Toolbox: Company Formation, Virtual Mailbox, Registered Agent, Remote Online Notary
Appreciating the transparency and lack of hidden fees. The website is very up-front and user...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Any chance to make it available outside of US? It has been available outside of the US on...

Forum Sponsor

Learn Fastlane Business Skills & Get Profitable Within 30 Days...

Get Started Now

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom