The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Chronic Disease Exercise Plans

JAMES-L67

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 24, 2014
Hi all,

As some of you may know, I am a qualified Exercise Physiologist with a Masters of Clinical Exercise Physiology. I love what I do, but working 4 days a week as a sub-contractor is leaving me feeling a bit unfulfilled and I don't feel that I am moving towards my freedom goals. I have been toying with a few thoughts lately that I'd love everyone's opinions on. I am trying to find ways to add massive value to people, as well as ensure that I'm making it financially viable.

Idea 1: Selling 12-week Chronic Disease exercise plans
90% of what I do is develop exercise and lifestyle plans for people with chronic disease or injury. Things like diabetes, prostate cancer, heart disease etc. This is more than just a workout program to follow, but is an evidence-based lifestyle and behaviour program to impact all areas of a persons health, using rehabilitative exercise where necessary. Because of this, I feel that I could package some 12-week plans for certain conditions and sell these as ebooks. I don't usually go with a cookie-cutter type approach, but to get people started and get some info out there, I think it would be a valid idea. Scale-able too, which is important.

Idea 2: On-line Consulting
I have already been in contact with our regulating body, and this is a totally legal way of attracting more clients, although with purely on-line consultations they won't be eligible for private health refunds or government benefits (Medicare, Veterans Affairs etc.).

Let me know your thoughts :)

-James

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

trh90

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Mar 14, 2017
USA
I think its a great idea. There are tons of the same stuff out there that has been copied from website to website with nothing new so I would try to come up with something different or at least a different approach in your book or website. Online consultations are becoming very popular. Video consults are also becoming more popular as well. The company I work for is even looking into offering that service as part of our health plan. Videos talking about their specific health problem to help them understand it more might be helpful in getting the word out. Join some facebook groups that are specific to the areas you want to cover and share your videos or give some basic advice. They have so many labs now that if there is any testing they want done that is abover and beyond what their dr does, its a lot easier than it used to be. Utilize some of that as well. Sounds like you have a lot to offer.

More and more people are jumping outside the standard health care system because all they do is give you another prescription that makes you need yet another one. I've personally been down this road for 16 yrs. I now see my regular dr for the standard tests and physicals or any other medical needs but I pay out of pocket to see the alternative dr that has helped me more in the last year than any dr has in the last 16 yrs. I also travel 7 hrs every 6 months to see him because that is still cheaper than seeing anyone in my area.

JWelch

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Aug 12, 2016
Arizona
Hi all,

As some of you may know, I am a qualified Exercise Physiologist with a Masters of Clinical Exercise Physiology. I love what I do, but working 4 days a week as a sub-contractor is leaving me feeling a bit unfulfilled and I don't feel that I am moving towards my freedom goals. I have been toying with a few thoughts lately that I'd love everyone's opinions on. I am trying to find ways to add massive value to people, as well as ensure that I'm making it financially viable.

Idea 1: Selling 12-week Chronic Disease exercise plans
90% of what I do is develop exercise and lifestyle plans for people with chronic disease or injury. Things like diabetes, prostate cancer, heart disease etc. This is more than just a workout program to follow, but is an evidence-based lifestyle and behaviour program to impact all areas of a persons health, using rehabilitative exercise where necessary. Because of this, I feel that I could package some 12-week plans for certain conditions and sell these as ebooks. I don't usually go with a cookie-cutter type approach, but to get people started and get some info out there, I think it would be a valid idea. Scale-able too, which is important.

Idea 2: On-line Consulting
I have already been in contact with our regulating body, and this is a totally legal way of attracting more clients, although with purely on-line consultations they won't be eligible for private health refunds or government benefits (Medicare, Veterans Affairs etc.).

Let me know your thoughts :)

-James
Developing and selling exercise routines for diseased people is a model that solves a need, can be separated from your time, is certainly scale able, something you can control, has good entry barriers because you can copywrite your material.

My wife has fibromyalgia and tries to exercise all of the time but after a couple of days she's so sore it literally takes her out for a week or more at a time. You fill a niche in the exercise market that hasn't been done in a big way yet.

On-line consulting on the other hand, puts you in the realm of "ME TOO" and has become easier and easier to get into, not to mention it is a direct time for money proposition. You could combat this by doing webinars or skype with multiple people simultaneously but then you aren't being very personal, especially if you're trying to answer questions about different conditions. If you would like to consult as well have it be some kind of up-sell or add on with a purchase or something to that effect but keep it limited and temporary.

JAMES-L67

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 24, 2014
I think its a great idea. There are tons of the same stuff out there that has been copied from website to website with nothing new so I would try to come up with something different or at least a different approach in your book or website. Online consultations are becoming very popular. Video consults are also becoming more popular as well. The company I work for is even looking into offering that service as part of our health plan. Videos talking about their specific health problem to help them understand it more might be helpful in getting the word out. Join some facebook groups that are specific to the areas you want to cover and share your videos or give some basic advice. They have so many labs now that if there is any testing they want done that is abover and beyond what their dr does, its a lot easier than it used to be. Utilize some of that as well. Sounds like you have a lot to offer.

More and more people are jumping outside the standard health care system because all they do is give you another prescription that makes you need yet another one. I've personally been down this road for 16 yrs. I now see my regular dr for the standard tests and physicals or any other medical needs but I pay out of pocket to see the alternative dr that has helped me more in the last year than any dr has in the last 16 yrs. I also travel 7 hrs every 6 months to see him because that is still cheaper than seeing anyone in my area.

Some good points in there! As you say, plenty of people beginning to steer out of GP advice to something more specific to avoid prescriptions. Thanks :)

Developing and selling exercise routines for diseased people is a model that solves a need, can be separated from your time, is certainly scale able, something you can control, has good entry barriers because you can copywrite your material.

My wife has fibromyalgia and tries to exercise all of the time but after a couple of days she's so sore it literally takes her out for a week or more at a time. You fill a niche in the exercise market that hasn't been done in a big way yet.

On-line consulting on the other hand, puts you in the realm of "ME TOO" and has become easier and easier to get into, not to mention it is a direct time for money proposition. You could combat this by doing webinars or skype with multiple people simultaneously but then you aren't being very personal, especially if you're trying to answer questions about different conditions. If you would like to consult as well have it be some kind of up-sell or add on with a purchase or something to that effect but keep it limited and temporary.

Great reply! Basically summed up my thoughts there as well, just a big task in writing these programs but certainly not impossible. It's people like your wife that I really want to help with what I know. There's certainly an opportunity there for the taking. Thanks :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.