The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Chocpreneur looking for inspiration

malindi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
Feb 19, 2017
Sydney
Hi everyone, so excited to be part of this, loved loved loved the book! My partner and I run a chocolate business together and have been going for 2.5 years, it is our first business. We have made a lot of mistakes, learnt a lot and still have a long way to go. We are just starting our 'university' and have started listening to business audiobooks. If anyone has some books that are a must-read would love to hear about them. We are currently reading 'Millionaire Mind' and 'Profit First'. Do you guys know of some great sales and negotiation books? Or any books about working with distributors? Looking forward to kicking some a$$ this year! :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Hi everyone, so excited to be part of this, loved loved loved the book! My partner and I run a chocolate business together and have been going for 2.5 years, it is our first business. We have made a lot of mistakes, learnt a lot and still have a long way to go. We are just starting our 'university' and have started listening to business audiobooks. If anyone has some books that are a must-read would love to hear about them. We are currently reading 'Millionaire Mind' and 'Profit First'. Do you guys know of some great sales and negotiation books? Or any books about working with distributors? Looking forward to kicking some a$$ this year! :)
Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here. :thumbsup:

Here's a few books I've read recently and recommend,
  • The Brain Audit
  • Give and Take
  • Bold
  • The War of Art
  • Brand Seduction
  • Fascinate
  • Elon Musk
  • Shoe Dog

Ryan Wolf

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Nov 26, 2016
chocolate business

What kind of chocolate? I sell dark chocolate through my shop and am personal friends with the owner of the largest gourmet chocolate distribution company in the world. Are you producing 75%+ bars?

malindi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
Feb 19, 2017
Sydney
What kind of chocolate? I sell dark chocolate through my shop and am personal friends with the owner of the largest gourmet chocolate distribution company in the world. Are you producing 75%+ bars?
Hi Ryan, wow that's pretty awesome, what is your shop called? Is it online or bricks and mortar? Are you based in the US?

We make award-winning, certified organic, raw, vegan chocolate, stoneground from the bean to the bar. It is very high quality, (we do a 64% dark, a 41% 'Mylk' (made with coconut and lucuma) and a 35% 'Whyte' (made with coconut instead of milk)). It tastes like high quality Belgian chocolate, but has all the health benefits of raw organic and vegan chocolate. We use coconut sugar instead of white sugar, are gluten free, dairy free, soya free and palm oil free. We are currently based in Sydney, Australia.

What kind of chocolate do you sell?

G

GuestUserX09

Read a Grant Cardone book or sift through some of his free content, he comes to the top of my mind when "sales/negotiation" are being brought up honestly. Congrats on the chocopreneurship

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome to the forum, nice to have you here.

I sell dark chocolate through my shop and am personal friends with the owner of the largest gourmet chocolate distribution company in the world.

Wow, small world. I would have never have guessed we had not only 1 person involved in chocolate, but 2!

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
We make award-winning, certified organic, raw, vegan chocolate, stoneground from the bean to the bar. It is very high quality, (we do a 64% dark, a 41% 'Mylk' (made with coconut and lucuma) and a 35% 'Whyte' (made with coconut instead of milk)). It tastes like high quality Belgian chocolate, but has all the health benefits of raw organic and vegan chocolate. We use coconut sugar instead of white sugar, are gluten free, dairy free, soya free and palm oil free. We are currently based in Sydney, Australia.
Sounds like the chocolate I'd enjoy. Feel free to PM me your website.

ZeroTo100

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 2, 2016
New York City / New Jersey
Hi nice to have you on the forum...

Couple of Books I recommend off the top of my head

- The Art of The Start
- The 4 hr work week
- Jab Jab Jab right hook
- ReWork
- Like a Virgin
- The Purple Cow
- Lean Startup
- The Essays of Warren Buffett

Also, can you tell us more about your chocolate business? Can you order online? I love chocolate.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
Who invented chocolate? You ruined my life.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Now that I'm hungry and want to try this chocolate...

It sounds like the book Ready. Fire, Aim would be a perfect book to help you guys take your business to the next level.

As far as sales, check out my thread Ask Me Anything - The Beginner's guide to Sales + AMA for an overview of sales.

Welcome to the forum!

Ryan Wolf

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Nov 26, 2016
Hi Ryan, wow that's pretty awesome, what is your shop called? Is it online or bricks and mortar? Are you based in the US?

What kind of chocolate do you sell?

I sell it through my coffee shop, in the US. I'm always on the lookout for new bars/chocolate makers.

Glad to hear that it is bean-to-bar. Although I prefer to sell only 70% and higher (picky clientele), I have sold 55% inclusion bars. Our customers are too knowledgable to go below 70% unless we specifically recommend a bar, primarily due to the fact that my shop runs a series of chocolate (and coffee) classes where we teach people how to identify bars, and what makes good chocolate good.

I'll message you.

Cosepreziose

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Dec 12, 2015
Hi there, welcome here! I sent you a PM, hope to hear from you soon (your chocolate sounds AMAZING)

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Welcome to the forum!

Your product sounds amazing. Lots of opportunities in vegan chocolates right now. Currently have a private label line of vegan hazelnut spreads (taste better than Nutella!)

Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016

Wow, small world. I would have never have guessed we had not only 1 person involved in chocolate, but 2!

Make that 3, actually. I'm moreso involved in distribution of bulk chocolate rather than producing my own.

Do you work with callebault or valhrona?

malindi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
Feb 19, 2017
Sydney
Read a Grant Cardone book or sift through some of his free content, he comes to the top of my mind when "sales/negotiation" are being brought up honestly. Congrats on the chocopreneurship
Hey thanks for that, I will look him up. And thanks for your congrats, this business thing is kind of life-changing, which I kind of love. :)

malindi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
Feb 19, 2017
Sydney
Make that 3, actually. I'm moreso involved in distribution of bulk chocolate rather than producing my own.

Do you work with callebault or valhrona?

Hi Azure, we make all our chocolate from scratch - we stonegrind it from the bean to the bar. Lovely to meet other chocolate entrepreneurs on here. So you distribute the above brands?

malindi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
Feb 19, 2017
Sydney
Welcome to the forum!

Your product sounds amazing. Lots of opportunities in vegan chocolates right now. Currently have a private label line of vegan hazelnut spreads (taste better than Nutella!)

Looking forward to seeing your progress.
Thanks MoneyDoc. Yes, the vegan market is an exciting and fast-growing industry to be involved in right now, and so many opportunities for innovation and filling gaps in the market. Hazelnut spread sounds too good, I don;t suppose it is available in Australia?

malindi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
Feb 19, 2017
Sydney
Hi there, welcome here! I sent you a PM, hope to hear from you soon (your chocolate sounds AMAZING)
Hi Cosepreziose, thanks for your kind words, will totally check out your private message, thanks for contacting me :)

malindi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
Feb 19, 2017
Sydney
I sell it through my coffee shop, in the US. I'm always on the lookout for new bars/chocolate makers.

Glad to hear that it is bean-to-bar. Although I prefer to sell only 70% and higher (picky clientele), I have sold 55% inclusion bars. Our customers are too knowledgable to go below 70% unless we specifically recommend a bar, primarily due to the fact that my shop runs a series of chocolate (and coffee) classes where we teach people how to identify bars, and what makes good chocolate good.

I'll message you.

Sweet. I have replied.

malindi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
Feb 19, 2017
Sydney
Th
Now that I'm hungry and want to try this chocolate...

It sounds like the book Ready. Fire, Aim would be a perfect book to help you guys take your business to the next level.

As far as sales, check out my thread Ask Me Anything - The Beginner's guide to Sales + AMA for an overview of sales.

Welcome to the forum!
Thanks, will add it to the reading list (we are getting through them pretty fast because we listen to audiobooks while we make chocolate!) Will have a look at your thread for sure, thank you.

malindi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
Feb 19, 2017
Sydney

Thanks MJ, your book has really helped us, thanks for sharing your experience. When you tell people you are in the chocolate business their eyes usually light up and they become little kids again. It's a great business to be involved in :)

malindi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
Feb 19, 2017
Sydney
Hi nice to have you on the forum...

Couple of Books I recommend off the top of my head

- The Art of The Start
- The 4 hr work week
- Jab Jab Jab right hook
- ReWork
- Like a Virgin
- The Purple Cow
- Lean Startup
- The Essays of Warren Buffett

Also, can you tell us more about your chocolate business? Can you order online? I love chocolate.

Thankyou, that is awesome, just downloaded Jab Jab Jab Right Hook today, looking forward to it. Sure, our website is www.thechocolateyogi.com.au - we make vegan chocolate which is very high quality, healthy and quirky. We also support awesome charities such as Sea Shepherd with part of the proceeds from all of our bars. You are spurring me on to set up international shipping, which I have been procrastinating on, I will set it up this weekend and let you know my progress with it! Thanks for the encouragement :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...