The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Chicago Meet Up...

Sam_27

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
May 30, 2016
Chicago, IL
Hey everyone, it's been too long! Everyone's busy, I get it, but we we live in a damn big city and never have any meet ups.

Bullshit. I volunteer.

If you'd like to meet some ambitious, young, like-minded people, here's an opportunity every week.

A few of my buddies and I get together every Thursday at 7 PM at Rhyme or Reason (1938 W Division St, Chicago, IL 60622) and host a real estate investor/business meet up. We run a company together managing airbnb's and thought this would be a great way to meet local investors.

Anyone and all ages are welcome to join (they don't card), you don't have to be involved in real estate or have any experience in business

-Sam

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
Anyone hang out at Paris Club?

When I'm in Chicago, I usually hang with my brother, Bennett Johnson III.

BO$$.

Anyway, we should get some of the sales ballers @ChasingPaper and @Thiago Machado and @axiom fly yourselves out to Chicago, and we can tear the city up.

@Chitown Where you at, bro?

@Rawr Wot up?

@MKHB When you gonna hang out in Chi, old wise one? HAHAHAHA

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Hey guys,

I'm part of a small group that brings together young entrepreneurs and ambitious people in an informal setting. The mentalities and goals are very similar to those instilled here on the forum, so I'm thinking it'd be a good place for like-minded individuals to collide and connect.

If you want to drop by, there's an event on Wednesday in a new "speakeasy". Entry's free. It's always free.

I recommend coming after 8:30. Here's the info on EventBrite:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/mcc-presents-network-lounge-the-bassment-tickets-25729097423.

You don't have to RSVP (unless you want).

OAPjwua.png

Also message me here on the forum if you want my phone number so that we can make it easier to connect.

@DaveC @BellaPippin @Sam_27 @axiom @Ubermensch @Barbara Galinska @David Kotevski @faromic

Everyone's welcome.

DaveC

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Oct 15, 2012
Chicago, IL
OK if we move this to the 14th I can book a meeting room at the Chicago Uptown library from 3-5:00PM. Its just off the L and has pretty easy free parking. If we want folks can head to the Buena Bar across the street afterwards. Let me know.

Sam_27

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
May 30, 2016
Chicago, IL
Lets try this again. I have availability in the next few weekends.

Also, my buddies and I are having a BBQ in Humboldt Park and anyone interested can hang out. It's on Saturday, August 12th @ 3 PM and booze + food is provided (while it lasts!). Most of the people attending the BBQ are doing things in the real estate industry. The plan is to just hang out and bullshit on a beautiful summer evening, let me know if you have any interest!

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
The weather is getting better, does anyone want to try to get a meet up going for the Chicago leg of the Fastlane Forum?

I live in the actual city of Chicago- but I'm mobile.

My schedule is somewhat flexible. If so, post here or message me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
Depending on my schedule, I'm in.

Will track this thread. Don't think we need to rush into something as soon as possible, March is attractive and after the weather this morning I'm thinking it's a better idea to wait a few weeks.

Summer '16 would be a good time...

DaveC

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Oct 15, 2012
Chicago, IL
Hey guys,

I'm part of a small group that brings together young entrepreneurs and ambitious people in an informal setting. The mentalities and goals are very similar to those instilled here on the forum, so I'm thinking it'd be a good place for like-minded individuals to collide and connect.

If you want to drop by, there's an event on Wednesday in a new "speakeasy". Entry's free. It's always free.

I recommend coming after 8:30. Here's the info on EventBrite:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/mcc-presents-network-lounge-the-bassment-tickets-25729097423.

You don't have to RSVP (unless you want).

OAPjwua.png

Also message me here on the forum if you want my phone number so that we can make it easier to connect.

@DaveC @BellaPippin @Sam_27 @axiom @Ubermensch @Barbara Galinska @David Kotevski @faromic

Everyone's welcome.

Sorry I missed this one..are there meetups for these monthly?

Sam_27

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
May 30, 2016
Chicago, IL
Details for those interested in meeting up this Sunday:

Time - 12 PM
Place - Iguana Cafe, 517-19 N Halsted St, Chicago, IL 60622. Nice little European place in River West. Right off 90.

First round of drinks on me. Look forward to meeting you all

DaveC

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Oct 15, 2012
Chicago, IL
That's unfortunate. I was really looking forward to it. Your right though. I'm up for a different day so hopefully more can join us too.

My schedule is a little more flexible now, giving this another shot....how does June 3rd work

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Speaking of Chicago meetups, are there any forums member in Chicago who cycle?

It's fun to talk shop while riding on the lakefront trail.

Last edited:

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
I was going to try and organize a "midwest" meetup this spring so this sounds good to me. I was thinking either Chicago or Indianapolis (Im in Louisville) so I would be interested in this.

Tagging @Rerun for another possible member

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
What date/day of the week and time should we aim for?

I would personally be able to make it any day of the week (most weeks) but would prefer a Saturday or Sunday as I am 6 hrs from chicago

DaveC

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Oct 15, 2012
Chicago, IL
I'm up for a February meeting if people are game, and then we could try for a monthly after that. Saturday afternoons should work as I tend to be out of town during the week. If we are looking for a venue, there's a Chicago Public library near me in Bucktown with a conference meeting room I can reserve. It seats 10 but might be a little tight for that many, although it doesn't sound like we would have near that many at least in February. Its close to CTA, bus, I-94, Metra and has parking. Better option than trying to finagle tables at Starbucks. If you give me some advance notice, I can reserve the community room which could fit 50+ easy, but its not available until April at the earliest.

DaveC

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Oct 15, 2012
Chicago, IL

1825tulane

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Feb 20, 2013
Atlanta
Feels like I'm beating a dead horse but I'll do it anyway because I still think there's value here...

Is there anyway we can still make this happen?

DaveC

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Oct 15, 2012
Chicago, IL
OK so...does 10AM -12 work at Chicago Edgewater Public Library Saturday 11/15 work? I reserved one of the work rooms to hang out.

DaveC

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Oct 15, 2012
Chicago, IL
I'm taking another stab at this to see if anyone's interested again. I'm in the city and would love to meet up with some local folks. Right now Saturday 8/22 or 8/29 works for me

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.