• Discuss Entrepreneurship | Start-Ups | Starting a Business | Wealth | Money | Success | Investing
  1. Escape the Grind. Resurrect The Dream. Live Happily Ever After.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

Don’t just build a business—build a life and a legacy. UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is a specific subset of business creation that awakens dreams, frees time, and explodes incomes—but more importantly, it changes lives.

Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.
    KICKSTART YOUR PERSONAL REVOLUTION TODAY.
    Get The Book(s) Download More Info Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Change Yourself.
Change Your Life.
Change The World.

Join now and within minutes, you can start getting advice from real millionaire entrepreneurs who live the dream.

Chesapeake Energy

Discussion in 'Investing and Trading' started by Daytraderz, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Daytraderz

Daytraderz Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $243
    Okay guys, so this is my current position and thoughts on Chesapeake Energy and I want you guys to share your thoughts with me as well, hopefully we can find something really good here.
    RATING- Buy
    RATIONAL-
    - first off, they hired an external consulting service to help them manage their debt for the time being in their rough financial situation. I research this consulting company and they have had a lot of success in their past experience with similiar companies they helped. I believe if they have such a good track record with the other companies then it will be no different this time, their credibility relies on it and they have the ability to help
    - Next, The analysts have been slowly changing their thoughts on the company and a lot of people are beginning to see the opportunity here so I think the fact that's good as well.
    - Next, they have a lot of insider ownership (which is good, if the company isn't invested in itself I don't see how I could invest into it either). They have a lot more buys then sells in historical insider trading.
    - Next, they have the assets to cover them if bankruptcy was ever an option on the table (which isn't going to happen and they don't have any expectations to go this route given current economic situations)
    - Next, I already own the stock and have done a lot for analyzing it, 2 years ago they were trading at $30 a share, when I bought them they were really low and expected to go bankrupt but I knew they wouldn't and expect the price to go back up along with the rising oil prices in the year.

I have other reasons so if anyone is interested in discussing this, I would love to dig deeper in the potential for the return here.

2. OVOvince

OVOvince Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $157
    didn't one of the ex owners die in a car crash or something recently?

i heard the stock plummeted when that happened because the death was tied with a bunch of corruption in lease bidding.

if management is still making good decisions like you listed, wouldn't that mean chances are prices will go back up?

3. Daytraderz

Daytraderz Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $243
    If anyone listened to me, congratulations.

Kingmaker, eribruski and OVOvince like this.
  4. eribruski

eribruski New Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $74
    What is your advice on CHK now? I got assigned +800 @ $7.50