The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Check here to see if you have missing money/property (US only)

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

Xavier X

Silver Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
As the title says, this is for people in the US only. You can go on this site, and click on your state or any state you have been active in. That takes you to the official State Treasury site of your state.
Each treasury has a web platform where businesses report tangible or intangible property that a business has tried to deliver to you and failed (for at least 3 years).

It could be cash, physical property, money from some bank for whatever reason etc. All you need to search is your name. If your name is common, you can narrow it with a zip code.
If you find something in your name, you can provide more information on your state treasury's site. They send you an email about an hour after, with more details, like the dollar amount. Along with a form to fill out to claim it.

I found one small check a business was trying to deliver to a wrong address they had for me.

Note:
I am not affiliated with this site, it is run by the National Association of State Treasurers.

Search for your unclaimed property (it’s free) – National Association of Unclaimed Property Administrators (NAUPA)

BizyDad

My 1st biz sold paper planes. It folded...
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
This is legit. I used it to recover funds from an old commission check, and my mom used it to recover funds from an old bank account she'd forgotten about. .

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 28, 2014
Netherlands
As the title says, this is for people in the US only. You can go on this site, and click on your state or any state you have been active in. That takes you to the official State Treasury site of your state.
Each treasury has a web platform where businesses report tangible or intangible property that a business has tried to deliver to you and failed (for at least 3 years).

It could be cash, physical property, money from some bank for whatever reason etc. All you need to search is your name. If your name is common, you can narrow it with a zip code.
If you find something in your name, you can provide more information on your state treasury's site. They send you an email about an hour after, with more details, like the dollar amount. Along with a form to fill out to claim it.

I found one small check a business was trying to deliver to a wrong address they had for me.

Note: I am not affiliated with this site, it is run by the National Association of State Treasurers.

Search for your unclaimed property (it’s free) – National Association of Unclaimed Property Administrators (NAUPA)
I didn't find anything. I knew about this for years. Although, the website must have changed since the last time I looked years ago.

woken

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
Thanks, I had zero idea, I have 4 claims over 3 states totaling 100, one of them being 1 penny from Pay Pal!
If you’d invest it wisely, in 59258 light years you’d be a millionaire !

AceVentures

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Apr 16, 2019

Note: I am not affiliated with this site, it is run by the National Association of State Treasurers.

I just performed a quick check and this is what showed up for me! This would be a nice little sum to claim for free.

Badass!! I will move forward with the claim process and report back once I receive it.

Thank you so much for sharing this - incredibly insightful and fun little experiment!

1631295220097.png

1631295465685.png

Xavier X

Silver Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
I just performed a quick check and this is what showed up for me! This would be a nice little sum to claim for free.

Badass!! I will move forward with the claim process and report back once I receive it.

Thank you so much for sharing this - incredibly insightful and fun little experiment!

View attachment 39845

View attachment 39846

That's nice, man. I hope the claims go through successfully.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I am owed $137. But I have to submit some forms so it’s just too much trouble.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
I am owed $137. But I have to submit some forms so it’s just too much trouble.

Yea, the wife had some funds but couldn't find the documents to file a claim. They make it pretty hard to confirm the property when it's an address from 15 years ago.

Xavier X

Silver Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
LOL I just checked and JP Morgan Chase owes me $0.39 cashiers check. :rofl:

I only want it if its gonna be in a jumbo style lottery check format. LOL

Now, if you and Private Witt could just pool resources. With your 39c from Chase and his shiny penny from PayPal. Just imagine the business possibilities, with all that funding.

Private Witt

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Now, if you and Private Witt could just pool resources. With your 39c from Chase and his shiny penny from PayPal. Just imagine the business possibilities, with all that funding.

I want in for that 2.5% of this venture and once we consolidate my penny with his 39 cents we need to rope the big dog in who got 14k plus.

Xavier X

Silver Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
Yea, the wife had some funds but couldn't find the documents to file a claim. They make it pretty hard to confirm the property when it's an address from 15 years ago.

Mine had an address from years ago, which I no longer live at, but I have one expired driver's license with that address. So maybe if she can find an old ID from that time, she can probably attach it.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Hi - I sent out some emails with the updates but I'll PM you now also, thanks. The issue is...
MARKETPLACE NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
Read the free book, some excellent insights. I also did the website quiz and I did a visual on a...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Chris is super sharp and is aware of many facets of entrepreneurship and can help get your...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Any chance to make it available outside of US? It has been available outside of the US on...

Forum Sponsor

Learn Fastlane Business Skills & Get Profitable Within 30 Days...

Get Started Now

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom