The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cheap camera, any recommendation?

ProblemSolving

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Jul 4, 2017
?
So I need a camera for various purposes:
- Advertising video
- Some odd jobs on Upwork/Fiverr, mainly recruiting testers and recording them using the products.

The camera should be relatively cheap while producing a good quality video.
$100 is nice, but I can stretch my budget to $200-$300.
Which brand you recommend?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gsuz

If you want the crown, you gotta take it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Jul 3, 2012
If you're on a budget I'd probably just get a tripod for your smartphone, assuming it's a relatively recent model, should have better video quality than a camera in the 100-200 dollar range

Example:
Movie Shot Entirely On a Galaxy S8

ProblemSolving

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Jul 4, 2017
?
Thanks,
I like the tripod solution, turn out my phone has a pretty good camera.
When I make more money I can invest in a serious camera.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
If you're on a budget I'd probably just get a tripod for your smartphone

Agreed.

I have a nice DSLR (Nikon D5000? Something like that) and honestly I use my phone for everything anyway.

A good camera is fantastic if you know what you're doing and want to do "special" stuff, but your phone camera was literally designed for you to push 1 button and get great shots. And it does a fantastic job of that.

Your phone will auto focus/brightness/white balance/flash/HDR/etc. It "just works".
The only time I pull out my DSLR these days is if I'm REALLY feeling that bokeh vibe.

I would argue that unless you are a photographer, a modern phone will produce better shots in most people's hands in most situations than a better camera will.

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
I concur with everyone above-- plus if you use your phone you can have them automatically synced to the cloud so you always have them.

Philip Marlowe

Every Day On, No Days Off
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Apr 28, 2017
NE
I concur with everyone above-- plus if you use your phone you can have them automatically synced to the cloud so you always have them.

Not exactly the same thing, but they now make memory cards for DSLR cameras that are Wifi compatible. No need for dongles and what-not. My brother has one and it's sweet - moment his gets home he flips on the camera and computer and that's it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.