The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

ChatGPT AI is a huge breakthrough, a Google killer

jdm667

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 27, 2020
Boston, MA
I wonder what the impact will be to SEO as Google's algorithm attempts to flag and penalize AI generated content
I have a prediction on this. Google already has people who manually rate websites, since the algorithm can't do it all.

My guess is that they will take a few key topics that your website ranks for, have a few common AI tools write an article about the same length as yours, and then run those through some common rewriting tools.

If any of those outputs look "substantially similar" to your article, then you are in trouble with Google.

RyanCook

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Nov 20, 2022
Okay wow, now here is a frightening thought.

So the NSA has been literally collecting every single conversation, text, and digital communication that anyone (at least in the USA, maybe most of the world or The West anyways) has been having. The NSA has several data collection centers that were just essentially "Collect everything in the world and store it". They have all the communications, all the data, on EVERYONE, but no way to access it as the technology to search it was not there.

Could something like this be the technology that they need? Suddenly alcohol or religion are banned. Hey chatGPT, get me all the information on MJ involving any communications he has had regarding religion and alcohol, we want to make sure he was never out of line and we can retroactively lower his social credit score or cancel him.

We all know that just people going back on twitter and cancelling people from something they said 10+ years ago is happening. What happens when the state has control of all the data they are collecting and start using it along with the Digital ID that is forthcoming.
Have you noticed falling data storage prices? I think we've gotten so good at data transmission and distributed consensus, that I'm shocked at the existence of data centers. I read that whole thing as NASA like 3 times before I re-oriented myself to your post.

Based on what I've seen first- and second-hand, you could use it to build a special purpose bot that automates searching old content to cancel someone. This is the real utility. It can help you learn about a topic at a high, conceptual level. That lets you think at the architecture level before you necessarily have the coding skills to code the smallest module. Once you have a module designed, you can ask it to write the module, as long as your prompt is good enough and within the data manifold. You should get something back. You'll always have to synthesize from various topics if you want to produce something outside of both your and the bot's apparent skill levels.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Ywan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Dec 3, 2018
This might be good IF you generate your own traffic WITHOUT the help of:

1. Google
2. Amazon
3. Facebook
4. Any large tech company
5. Colleges/schools

View attachment 46289View attachment 46290

Why do I say this? Because elementary AI tools can already snuff out this is AI junk. And if they can do it, Amazon and Google and Meta and MSN and others can too and penalize you.

This isn't killing anything, any time soon.

And if you rely on a 3rd party for any of your postings/traffic/attention... then I wouldn't bother using this.

Interesting. Do you think Google and others won't have to adapt to AI-generated content sooner or later, even if they penalize it now?

What about SEO-based business models like blogs that rely on display ads? Will this business model be around much longer, or will it be dead in the foreseeable future due to AI?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Pretty much every time I use this now it no longer works and I get error messages from "try again" to "error".

Really disappointing.
Allowed too many initial users?

AnasHarn

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Sep 1, 2021
France
Pretty much every time I use this now it no longer works and I get error messages from "try again" to "error".

Really disappointing.
worked really well for me this morning with all my tests, however during the afternoon it was unavailable...

Maybe too much users during US time zone active time.

butlerpj

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Apr 21, 2017
Mt. Pleasant, SC
Liked that at first, but then I saw it admit it was wrong and spit out the same mistake again a few too many times ^^
Agreed, I've run into it repeatedly making the same mistake before which I guess I was expecting to happen again (annoying but understandable).

For it to make a simple arithmetic mistake and then adjust it's math when questioned feels more like a student submitting an answer without double checking their math.. like it's smart enough to not have made the error in the first place but was just too careless.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I asked ChatGPT to write some verses in the style of Nostradamus:

"In the land of the rising sun,
A great leader will rise,
With a voice as strong as a drum,
He will bring peace to the skies.

In the land of the setting sun,
A great war will come to pass,
As nations rise and fall,
Only the strongest will last.

From the north a great cold will blow,
Frost and ice will cover the land,
But fear not, for in time it will go,
And the warmth of spring will expand.

In the east a great plague will spread,
Leaving death and destruction in its wake,
But hope remains, for a cure will be bred,
And the people will rise and retake.

These are the prophecies of Nostradamus,
Heralding the events to come,
May they guide us in times of chaos,
And lead us towards a brighter sun."

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
Tough to say, but the way I see it, there are many different ways to solve the same problems when you’re coding, and they can have different trade offs. I couldn’t imagine a singular “correct” solution for it to generate for you.

It can generate neat boilerplate stuff right now but for example I asked it to help me with some GPU code and it couldn’t do it.

Also, with large and tangled code bases, how could it know how to perform certain tasks without having to train it on your company’s database and workflows?

It would be a neat tool to use while you’re developing, for example using it as a way to interrogate a given library’s documentation instead of having to manually dig through it. Or using it like stack overflow to question a specific snippet of code.
100% agree.

mr4ffe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Nov 3, 2018
Stockholm, Sweden
mr4ffe: List the 10 most controversial books of all time
ChatGPT: "The Satanic Verses" by Salman Rushdie (1988) - This novel sparked widespread protests and violent attacks when it was published, particularly in Muslim-majority countries, due to its perceived blasphemy and criticism of Islam.

"The Catcher in the Rye" by J.D. Salinger (1951) - This classic coming-of-age novel has been banned in various schools and libraries for its explicit language and depiction of teenage rebellion.

"Lolita" by Vladimir Nabokov (1955) - This novel, which tells the story of a middle-aged man's obsession with a young girl, has been criticized for its subject matter and portrayal of pedophilia.

"The Color Purple" by Alice Walker (1982) - This Pulitzer Prize-winning novel has faced controversy for its depiction of African American life, including themes of domestic violence and sexual abuse.

"Slaughterhouse-Five" by Kurt Vonnegut (1969) - This anti-war novel has been banned in various schools and libraries for its depiction of violence and explicit language.

"The Bell Jar" by Sylvia Plath (1963) - This semi-autobiographical novel, which deals with themes of mental illness and suicide, has been challenged for its explicit content and controversial themes.

"Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley (1932) - This dystopian novel has been banned in various schools and libraries for its depiction of a futuristic society that encourages promiscuity and the use of mind-altering drugs.

"Mein Kampf" by Adolf Hitler (1925) - This autobiographical manifesto by the Nazi leader has been banned in various countries due to its promotion of hate and violence.

"The Communist Manifesto" by Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels (1848) - This political treatise, which advocates for the overthrow of capitalism and the establishment of a communist society, has been controversial and banned in various countries throughout history.

"The Da Vinci Code" by Dan Brown (2003) - This thriller novel, which suggests that Jesus Christ was married and had children, has faced widespread criticism and controversy from religious groups.

nnogalaxy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
May 23, 2022
Been having this pop up in my feed for a while now so had to look into it and in my field (cyber security) it seems like it's completely taking over. watched a couple hacking youtubers try this and it's F*cking scary insane,
you can ask it to program complex (and i mean, complex) programs or scripts and it'll do it in seconds whereas a human has to spend days if not weeks or months writing it. you can ask it to write any code in any language and it'll literally explain it to you line by line. I remember spending two weeks studying a cryptographic algorithm and writing it in python from scratch and it still is not completed after a month or two, this thing did it in a minute.
some people even used this to patch vulnerabilities that were once considered to be nearly impossible to fully patch/fix, and the same for the opposite, it can break into the complex security systems.

I'm not too worried about that though, just more scared about the jobs this thing could replace. I mean, why spend years learning to code when ai like this exists?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
So I quit Google search and other search engines for a 30 challenge, just finished my 5 days. My sources are this Chat AI, wikipedia, manual typing in websites. It's totally doable. Just blocked the site and the functionality in the search bar. I don't say it's a perfect setup but it making me think changing up online habits.

This joins my 30 days challenges that thus far have become permanent behavior change (as of now). No reddit (approx 8 months), cache searched results as a rare exception. No online news (3 months).

I like the shift in perspective from like ok I am hunting for something let's trawl through these sites and find the answer. To ok let's formulate a good question and get a good answer. At the very least it's narrowing down the journey. The bit question is AI giving a good enough answer, I would say good enough for now. One an AI can read basically all the knowledge that ever was, that's going to be cool.

Hopefully legitimate to post if not I will remove it (not affiliated): TLDR: search engines results are garbage anyway mainly pulling stuff up from aforementioned reddit and handful of websites, information quality, validity lowest common denominator stuff

Edit: not saying you should do as I do just thought it would interesting to share the experiment
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8P6MTOQlyk
What if you're looking for a local service?

"gym near me"
"plumber <my town>"
etc?

NeoDialectic

Successfully Exited the Rat Race
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
686%
Feb 11, 2022
Phoenix, az
I'm not sure if it was already mentioned, but does anyone have a list of videos/books/articles that explain how this tech works and how to harness it's power through API's, the github, or other ways......I know google will bring things up but wondering if you guys have a list that is more to the point.....

dsc4u

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Nov 27, 2022
Right on! I am a user since last week and I am thinking about how to leverage that for the business I have in mind. It has some limitations so far, but the pros outweigh the cons by a landslide...
Been spending some time on ChatGPT, holy shit this thing is insane, a total Google killer.

It in effect, is like the Star Trek "computer" for those of you familiar with Star Trek.

This thing already likely saved me 3 hours of my time in a matter of 10 seconds.

I haven't been this impressed with a new technology in 15 years, the last time being the Apple iPhone replacing a flip-phone.

It can spit out computer code for you in seconds, stuff that would take 10 different Google searches amount 100 different results filled with SEO manipulated filler and garbage.

If you're a writer, this thing will help you describe scenes in foreign countries, write dialogue in different types of personalities, and conquer blocks in a matter of seconds.

The utility in this application is beyond belief.

The old way: 1) Search Google, 2) Sift through mountains of "SEO'd" pages filled with filler 3) Spend 20 minutes finding the right passage on the right page.

Time: 15m

The new way: 1) Ask ChatGPT

Time: 15s

Here is what ChatGPT responded with how to make money.

I couldn't have answered better myself.

JoeyH

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 4, 2021
Thoughts?

summarise the millionaire fastlane by MJ DeMarco

The Millionaire Fastlane is a book written by MJ DeMarco that offers a different perspective on wealth creation and financial independence. In the book, DeMarco argues that the traditional path to wealth, which he calls the "slowlane," is a flawed and inadequate way to achieve financial success. Instead, he advocates for the "fastlane," a path that involves building a business or creating passive income streams that generate significant wealth in a relatively short period of time.
DeMarco argues that the slowlane path, which involves working a steady job, saving and investing wisely, and waiting decades to achieve financial independence, is a slow and risky way to build wealth. He asserts that most people who follow this path never achieve financial independence, and those who do often have to sacrifice their time and freedom in the process.
In contrast, the fastlane path involves taking calculated risks, being innovative and creative, and building a business or investing in assets that generate passive income. DeMarco argues that this is the most efficient and effective way to achieve financial independence and build wealth quickly.
The Millionaire Fastlane offers practical advice and strategies for building a fastlane business or creating passive income streams. It also challenges readers to think differently about wealth creation and to pursue a path that allows them to achieve financial independence on their own terms.

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2022
Thoughts?

summarise the millionaire fastlane by MJ DeMarco

The Millionaire Fastlane is a book written by MJ DeMarco that offers a different perspective on wealth creation and financial independence. In the book, DeMarco argues that the traditional path to wealth, which he calls the "slowlane," is a flawed and inadequate way to achieve financial success. Instead, he advocates for the "fastlane," a path that involves building a business or creating passive income streams that generate significant wealth in a relatively short period of time.
DeMarco argues that the slowlane path, which involves working a steady job, saving and investing wisely, and waiting decades to achieve financial independence, is a slow and risky way to build wealth. He asserts that most people who follow this path never achieve financial independence, and those who do often have to sacrifice their time and freedom in the process.
In contrast, the fastlane path involves taking calculated risks, being innovative and creative, and building a business or investing in assets that generate passive income. DeMarco argues that this is the most efficient and effective way to achieve financial independence and build wealth quickly.
The Millionaire Fastlane offers practical advice and strategies for building a fastlane business or creating passive income streams. It also challenges readers to think differently about wealth creation and to pursue a path that allows them to achieve financial independence on their own terms.
The summary is pretty shallow but it still works

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
The summary is pretty shallow but it still works
yeah, it underemphasizes the business creation and perhaps overemphasizes the investment part, but I mean, that's a pretty reasonable summary for a bot

runnaboi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Nov 25, 2020
Australia
I'm pretty sure it doesn't just search for things already written and regurgitates them. This is because I am working on a new material - a composite that doesn't currently exist - and with a few prompts it gave a detailed description of the material along with use case examples, one of them being the use case I am designing this material for! Mind blown.

MarkLavagne

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Jan 27, 2019
Singapore
3) Emails

I asked ChatGPT to create variations of my existing emails with more emphasis on certain elements, that are shorter, etc. It gave me good results and, similar to the headlines I mentioned above, worded things in a way that I might not have done naturally (in a good way). After a quick edit, I started a split test to see how users like the shorter emails from ChatGPT.

If you'd like to use some email automation, Ellie - Your AI Email Assistant is work giving a shot.

Peacefulwarrior

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jun 25, 2020
New Zealand
I stayed up for a few hours last night testing where this was strong/weak.

I like it a lot, and I do think it is going to be the end for some peoples businesses.
If you can't provide over a certain level of service, then this is going to wipe you out.

Here is a video I made today on it for web designers / freelancers...

Hey Fox,

Towards the end of the video you emphasize the importance of thinking at the 'Why' level and not the 'How'. If someone was to sell a package of services to a business to help generate more leads, for example, website creation, email campaigns, copywriting, video editing and SEO, and this package was carefully chosen based on the information and pain points the client is facing, would this be considered 'Why'? Instead of just saying to the client, here you you go, here's your website, or here's your copy, you instead ask the client questions and really truly understand their pain points and what they're struggling with, then you develop a package deal, that ideally includes MRR, and you deliver, using ChatGpt to execute the 'How' with minor touchups. Is this what you're referring to when you talk about operating at the 'Why' level?

Cheers Fox!

savefox

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jun 15, 2022
This thing just created me a nice and unique landing page in 5 seconds and for free. I don't envy freelance copywriters

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
This thing just created me a nice and unique landing page in 5 seconds and for free. I don't envy freelance copywriters
That's interesting. I think if I was a freelance copywriter I'd be delighted with all these tools.

It's a tool. If everyone has it then people able to use it better will rise to the top.

I thought this section of this video was particularly interesting:

View: https://youtu.be/Fc2UQaHjJQ0&t=3023s

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Better consider AI tools for your next marketing quest, Fastlaners!

It's crazy how fast things are changing. The best I think we can do is adopt, embrace, and go with the flow.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
I'm not sure if it was mentioned in this thread, but I read somewhere a week or two ago that Google already has something similar to ChatGPT and they're four years ahead of them. I tried finding the article, but was unsuccessful. I scanned the article at the time and it mentioned that Google had a concern that has stopped them from releasing it, but I don't recall what their concern was.

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2022
My bot vs your bot?

Gonna reiterate that this is a great danger to Google and standard search engines. Even saw a few articles that said as much.

I don't think I've needed to use a search engine in days, I just now use this, and the answers are much easier to find. The response here is a great example as it told me exactly what it was.

View attachment 46505
If you use could AI to produce more instead of just using it to replace you, then you could make bank with it

Last edited:

akshat.jha21

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Dec 10, 2022
India
Been spending some time on ChatGPT, holy shit this thing is insane, a total Google killer.

It in effect, is like the Star Trek "computer" for those of you familiar with Star Trek.

This thing already likely saved me 3 hours of my time in a matter of 10 seconds.

I haven't been this impressed with a new technology in 15 years, the last time being the Apple iPhone replacing a flip-phone.

It can spit out computer code for you in seconds, stuff that would take 10 different Google searches amount 100 different results filled with SEO manipulated filler and garbage.

If you're a writer, this thing will help you describe scenes in foreign countries, write dialogue in different types of personalities, and conquer blocks in a matter of seconds.

The utility in this application is beyond belief.

The old way: 1) Search Google, 2) Sift through mountains of "SEO'd" pages filled with filler 3) Spend 20 minutes finding the right passage on the right page.

Time: 15m

The new way: 1) Ask ChatGPT

Time: 15s

Here is what ChatGPT responded with how to make money.

I couldn't have answered better myself.
I have been using ChatGPT a lot lately. IT IS AMAZING. I'll probably stop using Google search and start using this full-time.

The way the AI scraps through large amounts of data are insane. It takes some time to type out the answer, but the quality is superior to any search engine out there.

Whether you're a student writing your assignments, a programmer finding some code or an entrepreneur finding some good advice, ChatGPT got you covered.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.