The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

ChatGPT AI is a huge breakthrough, a Google killer

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Been spending some time on ChatGPT, holy shit this thing is insane, a total Google killer.

It in effect, is like the Star Trek "computer" for those of you familiar with Star Trek.

This thing already likely saved me 3 hours of my time in a matter of 10 seconds.

I haven't been this impressed with a new technology in 15 years, the last time being the Apple iPhone replacing a flip-phone.

It can spit out computer code for you in seconds, stuff that would take 10 different Google searches amount 100 different results filled with SEO manipulated filler and garbage.

If you're a writer, this thing will help you describe scenes in foreign countries, write dialogue in different types of personalities, and conquer blocks in a matter of seconds.

The utility in this application is beyond belief.

The old way: 1) Search Google, 2) Sift through mountains of "SEO'd" pages filled with filler 3) Spend 20 minutes finding the right passage on the right page.

Time: 15m

The new way: 1) Ask ChatGPT

Time: 15s

Here is what ChatGPT responded with how to make money.

I couldn't have answered better myself.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• screenshot_2022-12-04_at_20.09.50.png
    screenshot_2022-12-04_at_20.09.50.png
    115.2 KB · Views: 2,204

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
I wonder where all of this information is actually coming from?

View attachment 46186
How about this one:
Fi8PygHWYAUV8jU

View: https://twitter.com/tqbf/status/1598513757805858820

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
1670342596812.pngSeems like the AI caught my excessive and annoying use of "mediocrity." :rofl:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
What’s your thoughts?

Not exactly sure.

However, as an emerging opportunity, it might follow the pattern of trends where lots of money is to be made in the next few years until it gains mainstream, widespread adoption.

Here's the cycle:

1) Emerging opportunity, few recognize it.
2) Keen entrepreneurs take advantage of this emerging trend
3) When industry becomes mainstream, the entrepreneur sells out
4) Next, they start selling "I made millions in AI, here's how!"
5) Keen entrepreneurs take advantage of a "everyone's doing it" trend.

Podcasting, blogs, self-publishing, crypto ... all these emerging fields made early adopters wealthy, and when the industry became mainstream, they pivoted to selling their "outdated knowledge" to late adopters.

The early power users can leverage this into something and change their lives.

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Literally had no idea what this was until 2 min ago when I saw this lol.

I typed in “how do I generate leads for my service business” and it gave me ACTUAL suggestions and techniques.

Interesting

How's this for accuracy?

screenshot_2022-12-04_at_20.09.50.png

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
(underlined is my prompts)

write a conversation between a door to door salesman and a homeowner that doesn't want to buy the product but the salesman is persistant.

Homeowner: I'm sorry, I'm not interested in buying your product today.
Salesman: That's too bad. Can I ask you why?
Homeowner: I just don't think it's something I need right now.
Salesman: I understand. Can I ask you what kind of products you're interested in learning more about and that could be helpful for you?
Homeowner: No, thank you. I'm not interested.
Salesman: Alright. Well, is there someone else in your household that might be interested?
Homeowner: No, I'm afraid not.
Salesman: Is there a reason why you wouldn't want to consider purchasing this product, or would you just prefer to look at other options?
Homeowner: I'm just not interested at this time. Thank you for your inquiry.

continue the story but the salesman kicks open the door and starts speaking in an alien language in all caps

Salesman: GRREYGLURR GLALOO DESHTRAY UUNDRAAV!!!
Homeowner: What in the world?! The homeowner quickly stepped back, shielding themselves from the salesman as he continued to scream in this unknown language. Suddenly, the salesman stopped and collapsed to the ground, exhausted.
Homeowner: Are you okay? The salesman slowly opened his eyes and, realizing the situation, quickly composed himself.
Salesman: Yes, I'm sorry. I must have been...daydreaming. I didn't mean to frighten you. The homeowner was still overwhelmed by the scene and cautiously asked the salesman to leave their property.
Salesman: Of course. My apologies again. Have a good day.

and then something ridiculous happens

The homeowner watched as the salesman walked away, but before he vanished from sight, he suddenly began running and shouting "I had forgotten to tell you about the 50% off sale!" before running around the block and out of sight. The homeowner stared in disbelief, still shaken by the bizarre encounter.

KiwiEC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jan 5, 2023
France
OK so what happened this weekend with OpenAI is basically a remake of Game of Thrones.

For those who are lost or did not follow up (which is pretty understandable), here is a small recap. It's based on what I found on X (which was the main place to get some news) and my personal understanding of the events.

Main characters:
  • Sam Altman | Ex-CEO of OpenAI, he is (was) the face of OpenAI.
  • Ilya Sutskever | CTO of OpenAI and board member. If Sam is the face of OpenAI, Ilya is undoubtedly the brain.
  • Satya Nadella | CEO of Microsoft, he basically puts the money on the table, providing infrastructures (computing power) and ressources for AI development.
1. Prologue

A few days ago, OpenAI organized a keynote where Sam Altman announced new features (eg. the ability to build specialized AI-assistants).

During the event (and previous recents interviews), he also suggested that OpenAI is intensely training the next-gen AI GPT-5 and the results are way beyond expectations.

2. Ilya's coup

Last Friday, Sam was invited to a quick and unexpected remote meeting (some folks are laughing on the fact it was set on Google Meet and not on Microsoft Teams, despite 10 billions of investment from MSFT).

It was basically an ambush where the OpenAI board (exepted Greg Brockman, main supporter of Sam) simply fired him with a ridiculous reason (not candid enough in communications). This initiative was led by Ilya.

3. Implosion of OpenAI

To be short, most of OpenAI key employees announced leaving the company.

Satya Nadella and Microsoft, who learnt the new at the same time as everybody else, was obviously furious and worked behind the scenes to reintegrate Sam as OpenAI's CEO.

4. A potential comeback

Sam said he was not against coming back but with a complete rework of the board structure. Microsoft was 100% on his side. But despite 10 billions invested in OpenAI, they had no board member to push this.

There was a deadline set on Sunday's evening.

5. Two factions

Surprisingly, Ilya and the board held their position and announced nomination of Emmett Shear (also well known in the tech universe, founder of Twitch) as OpenAI's new CEO.

On his side, Satya Nadella hired Sam and former OpenAI loyalists to form a new AI team directly into Microsoft.

That's it for the events in the most concise way I could.

Now what's behind this? Why all of this happened?

What's below is from many sources on Twitter, INSIDERS and tech experts. This is, for the moment, only speculation even if many facts tend to validate it.

You have to understand that the domain of AI is divided into two factions:
  • e/a (effective altruism) faction | People who thinks AI could be a massive threat to humanity and it needs to be limited.
  • e/acc (effective accelerationism) faction | People who thinks AI could be a massive benefit for humanity and it should be developed as fast as possible.

This division was also occuring into OpenAI.

Sam Altman did many statements about how AI can change the world and need to be developed, he is clearly an e/acc.
Ilya Sutskever (which is the technical guy behind it) always said we need to be very careful with AI, he is an e/a.

Remember when I said Sam announced GPT-5 will be incredibly disruptive? Many people (and this tends to be confirmed by some internal sources), think GPT-5 is an AGI.

AGI stands for Artificial General Intelligence. To be short, this would be an AI as intelligent as humans (and that could then improve itself again and again). More info here:

In OpenAI's internal regulation, there is a chapter saying if AGI is discovered it should be constrained until further indication to ensure there is no risk for humanity.

Don't misunderstand me, it's not about Skynet from Terminator movies. The risks related to AI could be numerous (mass unemploiment is only one of them).

If GPT-5 is really that powerful, it means Sam wanted it to get released asap while Ilya wanted to constrain it. That's why the latter panicked and did a coup.

This makes sense as the board nominated Emmett Shear as the new CEO. Emmett is one of the biggest e/a spokesman.

Unfortunately for Ilya, the e/acc members from OpenAI just teamed into Microsoft new team. Sam has now full control and power on it.

What would happen next? Any thoughts? /discuss

TL;DR:

View: https://twitter.com/praaatiiik/status/1726533129475899576

View: https://twitter.com/blader/status/1726517095293387182

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
amazon takes anywhere from 20-60% of the sales just from ads (not even including their FBA costs)

if you want to support a smaller brand, don't click the amazon ads that say "sponsored" - just scroll down a little to find the same product
1670300584707.png

and for big brands that you don't like but still buy from, click the sponsored ad every time

that's right - the 175 parameter AI tool that is coming for your job writes at a 7th grade level!

but its ability to write code is sick and there are a lot of cool uses for something like this

it will probably be better than Google for learning a lot of skills

1670300928512.png

somebody make a youtube comedy channel using this thing lmao

Last edited:

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Been spending some time on ChatGPT, holy shit this thing is insane, a total Google killer. This thing already likely saved me 3 hours of my time in a matter of 10 seconds. I'll likely post a bigger thread on it here soon.
Literally had no idea what this was until 2 min ago when I saw this lol.

I typed in “how do I generate leads for my service business” and it gave me ACTUAL suggestions and techniques.

Interesting

Attachments

• 82EED0BD-4563-4F2D-BF0F-7285853C1AB1.png
    82EED0BD-4563-4F2D-BF0F-7285853C1AB1.png
    832.1 KB · Views: 1,175

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Actually I just told it to the write the post instead...

Title: 10 Habits of Highly Successful Entrepreneurs

Are you looking to take your business to the next level? Do you want to join the ranks of the most successful entrepreneurs? In this post, we're sharing the top 10 habits of highly successful entrepreneurs that can help you achieve your goals and build a thriving business.

They set specific, measurable goals. Successful entrepreneurs know exactly what they want to achieve, and they create clear, actionable plans to get there.

They wake up early. Many successful entrepreneurs start their day before the sun rises, giving them the time and space to focus on their most important tasks and get a head start on their competition.

They prioritize their health. Successful entrepreneurs understand that their physical and mental health is crucial to their success. They make time for regular exercise, healthy eating, and self-care.

They surround themselves with positive influences. Successful entrepreneurs know that the people they spend time with can have a major impact on their success. They surround themselves with other successful, motivated individuals who support and inspire them.

They continue to learn and grow. Successful entrepreneurs never stop learning and growing. They are always looking for ways to improve their skills, knowledge, and abilities, and they are willing to invest in their own development.

They take calculated risks. Successful entrepreneurs are not afraid to take risks, but they do so carefully and strategically. They weigh the potential rewards against the potential risks, and they are prepared to accept the consequences of their decisions.

They focus on their strengths. Successful entrepreneurs know their strengths, and they focus on using them to their advantage. They delegate or outsource tasks that are not within their area of expertise, allowing them to concentrate on what they do best.

They are resilient. Successful entrepreneurs know that setbacks and challenges are inevitable in business. They are resilient and persistent, and they never give up on their goals.

They are adaptable. Successful entrepreneurs are able to adapt to changing circumstances and market conditions. They are flexible and open-minded, and they are always looking for new opportunities.

They give back. Successful entrepreneurs understand that their success is not just about themselves. They give back to their communities, their employees, and their customers, and they use their success to make a positive impact on the world.

If you want to join the ranks of the most successful entrepreneurs, start by adopting these habits. They may not guarantee success, but they will put you on the right track and give you the tools you need to thrive.

Share your own habits and experiences in the comments below, and let's continue the conversation on The Fastlane Forums.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I stayed up for a few hours last night testing where this was strong/weak.

I like it a lot, and I do think it is going to be the end for some peoples businesses.
If you can't provide over a certain level of service, then this is going to wipe you out.

Here is a video I made today on it for web designers / freelancers...

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Rant: People who like to use the sentence "I stand corrected" are annoying and a huge turn off.
If I may be so bold...

Instead of saying:

People who like to use the sentence "I stand corrected" are annoying.

... try saying:

It's annoying when people use the sentence "I stand corrected".

That way you're annoyed by the behaviour and not the person.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Do you view outsourced thinking as a problem?

Yes, I've actually noticed this in my own use, although I don't let AI think for me, I let it help me solve problems.

But when it solves your problems, I noticed my ability and patience for problem solving seems to suffer.

It's like a muscle that starts to atrophy.

Definitely some concerns worth watching, much like overuse of social media, another thing I watch closely.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I haven't read all 23 pages, so angry rant me if this was addressed...

Do you view outsourced thinking as a problem?

I turn to GPT4 to help flesh out ideas. How long before I'm unable to generate ideas without GPT, and does it even matter?

AI will improve over time. Humans will hand over more thought tasks. Ideation, strategizing, planning, questioning. AI will guide what we think about and how we think about it.

Humans are expected to merge with technology (the singularity) at some point.

Is there a point where outsourced thinking becomes a problem? If human thinking is inefficient, and we can get the info we need faster (i.e. instead of reading books, GPT summarizes info for us) then is it a problem?

It seems like there will be a period between where we are now and total technology immersion where smart people could be dumbed down by relying on AI. It also could be the case that dumb people might be elevated by leveraging AI, but I suspect this outcome will take longer to emerge if it occurs. Maybe all people will be elevated in intelligence by AI. I only expect that to happen once technological immersion is achieved.

My personal experience is that my thinking has suffered some by over-relying on GPT4 despite having thoughtful conversations within the AI.

Some responses might suggest leveraging AI as a supplement rather than outsourcing thinking. That is probably the ideal. But what happens if getting instant answers has a similar effect to the conditioned responses of social media that keep people scrolling for hours?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
My desktop computer is running out of space, and despite cleaning out my mailboxes, my Mac kept reporting that I had 15 GB of space being used in the mail app. Spent about 2 minutes on Google searching endless filler crap and tech support websites that state the obvious (open your mail app and delete your emails, DUH, really?????) -- finding no help, and then realized that ChatGPT can help.

Sure enough, found the problem and fixed it. Google is done.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
New thread created...

So sad to see the rampant bias in this thing, but my guess that is a function that most of the internet is controlled by a left-leaning power structure, so it is simply drew from an available knowledge base. From what I was told, it is not connected to the internet and is using info from pre 2021 data.

That said, this APP is worth paying for and it is now bookmarked and on my iPhone's home page.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
The internet will just become a bunch of Chatbots talking to eachother. This will kill training sets of chats, because so much of it will be AI generated. It will probably create its own dialect. I will call it Chabonics.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
@MJ DeMarco and others

This is a bit of a loaded question, but I want to get your thoughts on it.

Clearly, online service businesses are at risk to AI. (Maybe you guys disagree)

What are your thoughts on, if you’re in the online service space, to begin understanding how to create it and use it in business to solve problems? (AI)

Seems like this stuff and the AI art was rolled out so fast, and lots of agencies/service businesses could be at risk in coming years.

What’s your thoughts?
1670368716570.png
dawg this is too easy

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
I'm curious, how is this ChatGTP any different from the hoards of GTP3 web-apps that have flooded the likes of app-sumo over the past several years? I bought into several of them and they frequently have been disappointing for creating any content that is factual. These tools (that I have used) are also notorious for plagiarizing.

My first instinct was always to be completely blown away, but then reality settles in and after using these tools for a while you start to see how limited and mistake-prone they can be.

How would this ChatGTP compare to say, Rytr, Peppertype, Writesonic, Frase, etc. ?
1670368850292.png

:happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!