The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Changing course... slightly

Leigh Farrell

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Nov 27, 2017
Adelaide, South Australia
Hi Fastlaners,

Last time i posted, my 6 month old cleaning business was turning over about 90k and we had 1 employee (for 3 months) who's wages were being subsidized by the government for the first 6 months of her employment.
Not long after i made that post i had to let that employee go as she was far too unreliable (ironically the name of my business is ''reliable cleaning'') and i was losing customers because of it.
Over the Christmas break i was able to run numbers on what she had actually been costing me (the law requires me to pay her $24.42 per hour, plus travel time, plus $0.76 per kilometer traveled between clients). When you factor in those costs, gst, cleaning supplies, equipment, etc, I'm left with around $7 profit per customer per service (amazing when you take into account the fact that I'm the most expensive cleaning service in the state).
Anyway, long story short, I'm going to need a small army of cleaning employees and a huge army of customers to hit my 7 figure income goal.
Looking back on my progress, i hit 80k turnover within 3 months with nothing but door knocking and a $5 per day Google ad words spend.
What I'm thinking of doing now, is selling my client list (i could get $50k for it), then building up another and selling that, and continuing to repeat the process over and over. I could use a small amount of the profits (say $1,000) on advertising to build a new list quickly and I'm confident i could build an 80k - 100k list in 1 or 2 months. If i did that, i could sell 6 - 10 client lists per year x 50k = 300k - 500k per year.
Before you all shoot it down and tell me to franchise, let me just say that before i started this business i spent 4 years as a master franchisor for one of the biggest franchise companies in Australia and the biggest thing i learned from that experience is that dealing with franchisees is a F*cking nightmare. They almost never listen, they complain non stop, and are continually late with payments. They are worse than employees because you can't fire them, and they know it.
I'd love to get your feedback on my idea.
Thanks in advance.
Leigh

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dunkafelics

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Jun 12, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
Are you planning on creating a client list in the same industry after you've sold the first one?

arcola

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Feb 17, 2013
Los Angeles
Hi Fastlaners,

Last time i posted, my 6 month old cleaning business was turning over about 90k and we had 1 employee (for 3 months) who's wages were being subsidized by the government for the first 6 months of her employment.
Not long after i made that post i had to let that employee go as she was far too unreliable (ironically the name of my business is ''reliable cleaning'') and i was losing customers because of it.
Over the Christmas break i was able to run numbers on what she had actually been costing me (the law requires me to pay her $24.42 per hour, plus travel time, plus $0.76 per kilometer traveled between clients). When you factor in those costs, gst, cleaning supplies, equipment, etc, I'm left with around $7 profit per customer per service (amazing when you take into account the fact that I'm the most expensive cleaning service in the state).
Anyway, long story short, I'm going to need a small army of cleaning employees and a huge army of customers to hit my 7 figure income goal.
Looking back on my progress, i hit 80k turnover within 3 months with nothing but door knocking and a $5 per day Google ad words spend.
What I'm thinking of doing now, is selling my client list (i could get $50k for it), then building up another and selling that, and continuing to repeat the process over and over. I could use a small amount of the profits (say $1,000) on advertising to build a new list quickly and I'm confident i could build an 80k - 100k list in 1 or 2 months. If i did that, i could sell 6 - 10 client lists per year x 50k = 300k - 500k per year.
Before you all shoot it down and tell me to franchise, let me just say that before i started this business i spent 4 years as a master franchisor for one of the biggest franchise companies in Australia and the biggest thing i learned from that experience is that dealing with franchisees is a F*cking nightmare. They almost never listen, they complain non stop, and are continually late with payments. They are worse than employees because you can't fire them, and they know it.
I'd love to get your feedback on my idea.
Thanks in advance.
Leigh

Dude this is a great idea slay

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads