The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Casually helping someone on Reddit when some replies started pouring in

Jeff Noel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
jfnoel.com
Someone in a specific niche posted a new thread telling how desperate he was after trying to achieve success in something specific, after he tried A, B and C over and over again.

Told him to provide me some video context of the issue so I could help, along with some explanation of what he could be doing better.

I got a couple of private messages like that not too long after my reply:

For the insiders, that's directly related to the original idea I had in my intro post on the Inside.

Definitely trying this out !

Become a Fastlane INSIDER to view the forum ad free.

Roli

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jun 3, 2015
Someone in a specific niche posted a new thread telling how desperate he was after trying to achieve success in something specific, after he tried A, B and C over and over again.

Told him to provide me some video context of the issue so I could help, along with some explanation of what he could be doing better.

View attachment 25019

For the insiders, that's directly related to the original idea I had in my intro post on the Inside.

Good hustle! Keep it up :cool:

Andy Black

Any colour, as long as it's red.
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
www.andyblack.net

View attachment 25019

Fancy that! You helped someone, was seen to help someone, and now people want to hire you. Do you think “PM me” would have worked as well?

Well done, and thanks for the case study that giving value first comes back tenfold.

Jeff Noel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
jfnoel.com
Do you think “PM me” would have worked as well?
A few months ago, I probably would not have replied or contacted the person at all.

I don't want to hold back that feeling of "I think I could help" anymore. If I believe I can help, I'll chime in. Let's throw value everywhere.

Andy Black

Any colour, as long as it's red.
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
www.andyblack.net
I’ve just remembered this thread:

Please SEARCH before posting.