The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

OFF-TOPIC Cashflow Game

JScott

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Aug 24, 2007
I've heard a lot of talk about the Cashflow game, but have never seen/played it.

I was considering purchasing the computer version, and had three questions:

1) Does the computer version approximate the physical version (is one superior to the other or are they pretty much the same)?

2) Can you get a majority of the benefits from playing the computer game solo? Or should you have multiple players before it's worthwhile?

3) Can I assume the computer version supports multiple players at the same computer?

I may look for a game in my area, but was wondering if it might be worth starting with the online version...

Thanks!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Wait for the Fastlane game, it will be far more fun and educating.:smxB:

andviv

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
my suggestion: Find a group that plays it in your area and join them. The experience that you gain by playing with others is great. Especially if those others are also investors/business owners. I haven't played the computer version, but even its creator, RK, said the best experience is to play it with others. Which remind me, I need to start scheduling my next game with some friends.

Take a look at this website, from somebody that runs a cashflow club. They have the instructions for the game in there. That should give you a good idea. http://www.ratraceclub.com/

Last edited:

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
You can learn the basics of the game by playing the E-game.

You can learn how to try out different investment and negotiating strategies by playing the board game.

I've never played the E-game, but it would be OK for beginning.

But the board game-- played with first other newbs and then experienced players-- THAT is life changing.

At least it was for us. :)

-Russ H.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
my suggestion: Find a group that plays it in your area and join them. The experience that you gain by playing with others is great. Especially if those others are also investors/business owners. I haven't played the computer version, but even its creator, RK, said the best experience is to play it with others. Which remind me, I need to start scheduling my next game with some friends.

Take a look at this website, from somebody that runs a cashflow club. They have the instructions for the game in there. That should give you a good idea. http://www.ratraceclub.com/
Let me know when you do, I too have never seen or played this. I did however, hear it was quick exciting to play.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Took 4 newbies to the game 3.5 hours to finally get out of the rat race. Could have left at about 1.5 hours, but didn't really understand that we could.

2nd go round 2 hours with 2 newbies. We have tried to play with new people every time.

Every time since then it has taken 1 hour to get out of the rat race playing with 4 players. The game is almost boring after while, almost.

Btw, if anyone has family or friends that have any doubts on your goals in life, this game really changes opinions fast. My family is very receptive and even excited now about my goals.

Has anyone played cashflow 102?

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co

andviv

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I'm creating a thread about cashflow strategies. I hope this helps others to exchange ideas about how to use it in a different way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom