The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Case Study: 3000% increase in Profits

JoeV

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Feb 20, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
See how we improved conversion rates by 220%, revenues by 300% and Profits by 3000%...

The power of Conversion Rate Optimization is undeniable. An entire online business becomes more profitable when the website can convert more visitors to paying customers. This allows a business to invest more into advertising campaigns which were once out of budget and this leads to rapid growth. This is exactly what is happening with Century Hearing Aids due to Conversion Rate Optimization.

Century Hearing Aids is an online retail site that sells hearing aids. Their sales were declining and they needed a way to quickly increase sales. Their entire advertising budget is spent on Pay Per Click advertising. A dip in sales makes it very difficult for them to keep up with advertising. We needed to increase conversion rates so more of their visitors converted into paying customers. This would allow them to be more aggressive with their advertising instead of scaling back.

If you bid on competitive keywords, you know how hard it is to make a profit. Century Hearing Aids was barely making a profit despite having a large budget for PPC, solid gross revenue and a highly experienced PPC management firm optimizing their PPC campaigns. After 4 months of our Conversion Rate Optimization services, their profits increased by over 3000%!

To see all of the details and screenshots, continue reading here...

This case study has a lot of great advice for internet retailers. I hope the mods are ok with this post. I can put the entire article here if preferred. I hope everyone finds this case study helpful.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JaySoriano

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Aug 10, 2012
What changes were most successful? What was your sample size? Sounds like your most successful change was getting more qualified clicks via PPC. I'd also venture to bet that you'd improve performance slightly by changing that horrific typography!

JoeV

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Feb 20, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
It is hard to tell. When we made the first design changes, they did not really impove sales. We noticed big improvements when in-the-ear hearing aids were adding back into the mix and when we fixed the ppc campaigns.

Although, the site DID have in the ear hearing aids before we began and we basically reset his ppc to what they were earlier this year.

So, it could be argured that the new main page design had the biggest impact since the convesions were much better than what they were earlier this year with similar products and traffic sources.

I can't dislose the volume of traffic, but it is not small. They are in the top 3 bidders for all of the top keywords in this market.

The font is actually the same, basic arial. Just moving things around, simplfying the design, organizing everything, and adjusting font size in certain areas made a big difference.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.