The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Case Studies & Resources for Dominating Social Media Marketing [MasterThread]

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Social media is the huge driving force behind more and more successful companies today.

Why?
  • It gives consumers a voice.
  • It empowers them.
  • It allows them to join & interact with a community of like minded people (around a company or product).
  • It helps companies build a brand and a following
  • It provides incredible social proof
  • It provides additional exposure for businesses
  • It can be used as a lead gen tool
  • It provides great market insight
Find out which social channels your market hangs out at and uses the most and get in front of them.

I think we really need to get an INSIDERS megathread going on how to break into and dominate various social media platforms. This stuff is way too important to ignore, and the idea that there are dozens of us all making the same mistakes as we try to figure it out separately is kind of depressing. Actually, I think I'll start the thread now.

Use this thread as a learning tool for 'how to break into and dominate various social media platforms' and to post case studies and articles based on the power of social for business success.

I posted in another thread about Black Milk Clothing and how they've grown to a multimillion dollar company using social media and zero marketing budget.

logo-no-drip.png

http://www.shopify.com/blog/9721608...usiness-with-0-marketing-budget#axzz2wQK9pCq9

Here's an excerpt from that case study that provides some insight into why they feel social has worked so well for them...

"What would you recommend for entrepreneurs just getting started when it comes to marketing on social media?

It should never be about selling.

For us, It was all about sharing customer photos, the selfies, telling funny stories. To rethink our breakdown, the three key factors for our success on social media were authenticity, storytelling, and accessibility."

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Here's a company about 1 year old now that went from $0 in sales to $120,000 per month.

logo.png

The key I believe for them has been building a brand with loyal customers via social media and PPC/Media buys.

They utilize YouTube, Tumblr and Reddit very well.

http://www.shopify.com/blog/1293658...merce-brand-in-less-than-a-year#axzz2wQK9pCq9

Here is a recent reddit thread where Eric (co-founder) goes into how to build a brand:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Entrepreneur/comments/1zmpvl/beardbrands_guide_to_building_a_brand/

LOYD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Sep 10, 2013
In on this. I spent some money on advertising and it hadn't gone anywhere. I was actually thinking about implementing a different strategy using social media. I'll definitely add my experience to this thread.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Good stuff guys, thanks.
From what I've read and seen, social media is not slowing down. I'm partnering with a guy on importing a special skin/hair care product and we're thinking social media will be a good way to build the brand.

TOS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jul 25, 2013
Great mega thread, I am following. Moreover, the last two weeks I have managed to stumble myself in the social marketing business.

I recently listened to my father talking about their marketing strategy. They are an accounting firm, pretty old and boring, and so was their marketing. They were wondering if they should use 800 $ on flyers that would maybe grant them 1 or two customers. I told him, give me those 800 $ and I will give you three customers within 1 month and you will get a brand new website. Off course he went for it, it was just a better deal and I already have my father’s trust.

So I set up a nice looking webpage with wordpress and tools to track visitors and convert them to leads. I set up a plan (strategy) on what they needed to do and what I will do with that for one month. What I saw when googling and searching forums is that a lot of people are wondering about new regulations and how they will affect bookkeeping, how one should do general small accounting tasks and what you should consider when setting up a new company.

This is what i told them to write about, send it to me, and I will publish it in their name.

Its now gone two weeks, and they have two new customers. The other guy at his firm was so happy with what I have done and how quickly they saw results that he told his friends who has an lawyer firm and they are now my new customer. Its been two weeks.

I used to much time on setting up the website with all the lead tracking tools and social integrations that I didn’t pay off with time invested. I found Hubspot wich is a service that delivers all this in a more effective package. Im setting up my company with this service now and if it works as expected, i will also use it for the law firm and new customers.

It’s only been two weeks, but maybe this is something good. Maybe we will see a niche business for Hubspots partners that delivers social media strategy and solution configuration? Maybe this is something you can try?

I don’t know but I will update here with what’s going on.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
qogUdNE.png

Grace and Lace was on Shark Tank this season. Here's the full video of their appearance.

Here's a couple articles. Both are quick reads.

http://blog.bigcommerce.com/grace-and-lace-take-on-shark-tank/

http://prettypinteresting.com/2013/11/18/mompreneur-monday-grace-and-lace/

Their initial success came from selling to family and friends. Then she uploaded them to her Etsy shop. She credits facebook and pinterest as a major referrer of sales as well as blogs.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Rep transferred, great thread @AllenCrawley .

My GF is heavy into the Paleo and she has a cabinet filled with Paleo spices and seasonings.
She also has a cache of Paleo sauces and snacks.

Both companies she found on Instagram.

No advertising required.

Social proof is how to grow. If your business stops because you stop advertising, you have a product problem.

I can't remember the last time I bought something because I saw an ad -- I buy everything now based on social proof. Look at the "I've read TMF " page ... 90 FN pages long. You think that's because of my great marketing tactics? My great marketing skills? Nope. It all about the product and social proof. Many of the entries there specifically say "I've told X about it!". I stopped advertising over 3 years ago. The book sells better today than it did when I was advertising it.

Marketing is wonderful. However, everything starts with your product as it's the gasoline the fans the flames of marketing.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
How Fresh-Tops Built a Successful Fashion Brand with Social Media Marketing

xUoCWak.png

Nella Chunky is the founder of Fresh-Tops - a hipster-chic fashion brand powered almost exclusively by social media.

With massive followings on sites like Instagram and Facebook, Fresh-Tops is a perfect example of an audience-enabled business powered by products that people love to share.

By focusing on being relevant, networking and creating a brand people want to engage with, Fresh-Tops is a hit among hipster teens.

"Our marketing strategy is completely focused on our social media.

We use Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram and Twitter to share pictures of our clothing. Then our fans share
those pictures with their audiences.

This social influence is very powerful. People tend to shop where their friends shop and they feel left
out if they’re not involved
."

Read case study here.

EDITED to add:

Keek was mentioned in the case study as a new social site that has generated a lot buzz recently. Get your brand an account on this and any new social platform that pops up. Even if you don't plan to use that platform you'll at minimum will be protecting your brand.

[HASHTAG]#casestudy[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#facebook[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#instagram[/HASHTAG]

Last edited:

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
How Brands Use Faces to Boost Instagram Engagement

excerpts...

"We’ve already seen how Instagram can help brands reach audiences through captivating imagery and video. But as with any form of marketing, there’s usually something you can do to give your content an edge — in this case, more engagement. According to a study from Georgia Tech, that something is including human faces in the photos you upload."

"Researchers found that pictures with human faces were 38 percent more likely to receive likes than photos without faces. They’re also 32 percent more likely to attract comments."

"According to the researchers, the number of faces in the photo, as well as age and gender, didn’t make a difference. On average, photos featuring kids or teens weren’t any more popular than those of adults. Additionally, men and women have the same chances of getting likes or comments. However, they also noted that people with more followers attracted more engagement, which isn’t all that surprising."

"Although this is just one study, it’s interesting to see how the elements inside your photos can impact engagement. As mentioned above, these results don’t mean that you must upload a selfie every week in order to attract likes and comments. But it’s a good reminder to balance your product uploads with content that’s more humanizing. Let’s look at some brands that have successfully integrated human faces into their photos without going overboard."

Full article here.

[HASHTAG]#instagram[/HASHTAG]

Last edited:

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Last edited:

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Last edited:

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Last edited:

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Last edited:

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
More rep Allen, the great stuff keeps coming!! The growth stories are excellent.

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014
Social media is all about interacting. I've seen it so many times, pages pushing and pushing content, without ever replying to a single mention.

People like social media why? Because it gives them a voice. It gives them the possibility to share their own opinion to the whole world, regardless of age, sex, ethnicity.

It makes the brands become more human. I was in Amsterdam and visited the Heineken Experience Museum. After that I tweeted "Wow, the Heineken Experience is one big awesome marketing hook!", to which they replied "It's education ;)". Instant likeability! It's awesome when a big company, which often can even scare us with their size, reply to your tweet. Needles to say, I bought a Heineken beer after that.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
I'm thinking...if you know your 'Why' you do what you do, then social media is a great place to share that.
If people believe in why you're doing something...they'll want to join in and be a part of it.
People like being part of something. They want to fit in. They don't want to be alone.
We're all here.

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014

Attachments

• ctr_infographic.jpg
    ctr_infographic.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited by a moderator:

TOS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jul 25, 2013
After that I tweeted "Wow, the Heineken Experience is one big awesome marketing hook!", to which they replied "It's education

It’s been one month with my new social marketing firm, and things has evolved. Except from optimizing the marketing for my existing customer, I have created a total offering (or pretty package product) and figured out what position I want to take in the marked.

Turns out my ideas behind the marketing I wanted to do was the marketing philosophy that Hubspot utilize and called inbound marketing. And as Tiago said it’s about giving value to the customer like education instead of annoying ads (ad much more). Maybe you know more about this, but here in Norway this approach on marketing is not highly in supply yet, but everyone wants a way to get on social media and connect with their customers. So this is the position I will take.

Some quik info om inbound marketing:

http://www.hubspot.com/inbound-marketing

However, it has been a month. I had my first follow up meeting with my father firms to see what we had accomplished and what is the next step. We had not reach our goals, we had a kick-start with two new customers but it stopped there. It easy to point fingers, but they had not wrote all those articles that they should, and our estimates where tide to those articles. Therefore, we had a talk about this, about where they wanted to go. They quickly understood that even though we now have a great website and so on, we still need to do some work that we are not used too and it will be time consuming. But by doing that we can get where we want to be. All in all a great meeting and I think I led them one more baby step in becoming a firm that utilises marketing that customers love.

One last thing: Marketing with articles (etc.) takes time. I overestimated the effect of on those articles and made them believe it so that they would write them. Like probably all of you know, articles and so on is more like an long term investment with search engines and the only way you can get quick result with articles is to have huge reach already with social media. We don’t.

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014
That video pretty much sums it up.

You know the most awesome feature on Twitter? It's twitter.com/search. From there, regardless which company or product or niche you're in, you can simply search for keywords that connect with your business and reach out to people, even though they don't follow you. Just provide them value.

Yesterday someone asked for a good healthy pancake recipe on Twitter. Boom went and googled an awesome recipe and replied to their tweet with the article. Instant likeability and a followback.

robotunicr0n

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jan 16, 2013
This post has tons of great info, thanks for sharing the infographics. Once I settle on a brand I'm going to get to get accounts set up on all social networking sites and start putting these methods into action. It's going to be a tough road, because I'll be starting with 0 followers across the board, but I have a personal twitter account with a decent number of followers that I can appeal to, and lots of friends and family on facebook to share for me. I think a really important aspect at least for facebook is going to be to have some images of the product up sooner than later.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
10 Big Brand Facebook Tactics Any Business Can Use
By Jim Belosic

Do you have big-brand Facebook page envy?

Do you, as a small business owner, want your page to be popular and engaging?

It’s easier than you think to emulate what Facebook’s major players do.

In this article, I’ll show you how some of the top brands keep their fans coming back, and how you can follow their lead to build an engaging page of your own.

#1: Capitalize on Major Events and Holidays
During the Sochi Olympics, Coca-Cola hosted a contest/series called [HASHTAG]#CokeGames[/HASHTAG]. The gist of it was that they created silly Olympics-inspired games like Bottle Cap Hockey, Coke Curling, Ice Cube Ski Jump. Then, they asked their followers to play along by filming and uploading short videos of the Coke fan playing the game. The incentive was a $100 gift card.

jb-coca-cola-.png

Coca-Cola was inspired by the Olympics to host a series of games. Users who uploaded videos of themselves “competing” were in the running for a $100 gift certificate.

Your small business could adopt this idea, using any big event as inspiration. The NBA playoffs are just around the corner, and so is MLB’s spring training. Start planning now to play off of summer events like Wimbledon, Formula One racing events, and if you’re so inclined, the Handball Championships (yes, there is such a thing!) to encourage fan engagement.

#2: Crowdsource for New Feature/Product Ideas
Skype posts multiple times a day on Facebook, offering up a mix of invitations to chats that feature people such as Victoria Beckham and Vice President Joe Biden, user tips and contests.

Skype is also using Facebook to ask users for ideas for new features they’d like to see on the platform. Then, over on the company’s community page, they go the extra mile and tell their users whether their ideas are “under consideration.”

jb-skype.png

Use Facebook as a forum to ask your fans and followers for new features they’d like to see you add to your product or service.

It’s a great example of how a business can use Facebook as a mini–focus group and learn what customers really want.

#3: Show Your Fans The Fun
If it’s appropriate for your brand, go ahead and get a little weird.

Yes, most of the posts are silly, but it’s working for Skittles.

jb-skittles-silly.png

Skittles has lots of nonsensical fun on its Facebook page.

A typical day’s posts can include observations such as “Really boring pirates carry pigeons on their shoulders” and shots from the page’s ongoing BFF series, in which it posts photos from users posing with their beloved Skittles.

jb-skittles-bff.png

Skittles asks fans to post photos of themselves posing with their favorite candy. The brand posts many of these photos on the page.

If you’re a product-based company, ask your users to send photos of themselves using your product or service in exchange for a shot at a prize, or for the honor of being featured on the page (which seems to be the only prize involved for fans of Skittles).

#4: Follow the 70/20/10 Rule
You wouldn’t think of Intel as the sort of company that would have an especially engaging Facebook page, but it does.

jb-intel-2.png

This is a “brand-building” example from Intel. The post is relevant to the company’s followers who are interested in learning about technology.

One reason it’s so engaging is that Intel is following the 70/20/10 rule. Let me break that down for you. The majority (70%) of content that a page puts up should be brand- and business-building, meaning it’s information that is valuable to your followers. Content shared from other sources makes up 20% and the remaining 10% is self-promotional.

jb-intel-3.png

This is an example of content that Intel has shared from another source. In this case, it’s an article from the online lifestyle magazine BuzzFeed.

This is pretty much what Intel is doing, though it’s a little light on the “sharing” component.

jb-intel.png

Intel shows off some of its new products and features on Facebook.

Apply the 70/20/10 rule to your own content mix and generate more interest for your Facebook page.

#5: Give Good Customer Service
Have you noticed that the people who love beauty brands really love their favorite brands?

Take the Avon page, for example. The majority of the comments are just expressing love for the brand’s products.

When fans do have questions, an Avon rep jumps in and points out where they need to go for more information.

jb-avon-avon-3-collage.jpg

Avon uses its Facebook page to introduce new products, talk about fashion trends and highlight some of its reps.

Customer service is essential on Facebook. You don’t have to make the social network your main source for support, but you should respond and interact with your fans to answer their questions. You’ll not only boost engagement, but alsoshow that you’re human and you care about their opinions and questions.

#6: Post Consistently
Disney fans are just about the most passionate brand advocates around. Take one look at Disney’s Facebook page and you’ll notice that there is at least one post a day. They also use hashtags really well. Their [HASHTAG]#disneyside[/HASHTAG] and [HASHTAG]#ImGoingToDisneyland[/HASHTAG] hashtags get multiple tags every day.

jb-disneyland.png

Disney posts daily and creates unique hashtags that followers use in their own photos.

While Disney probably has a whole team working on its page, and you might not have that luxury, you should make it a point to post at least once a day.

#7: Respond To Everyone
Dove is another beauty brand that clearly has a passionate following. Dove’s page admins do a great job of responding to most comments.

I did notice that when Dove replies to their followers they don’t tag them, and I can’t help but wonder why.

jb-dove.png

Dove page admins do a great job of responding to queries and comments from followers.

Tag people in a comment stream to let them know that you’ve responded to their inquiry and/or appreciate their comment.

#8: Deliver Content That Interests Your Fans
Monster Energy uses its Facebook page to share content that fans will get excited about.

Unlike most other beverage companies, if you scroll through Monster Energy’s timeline, you won’t find one picture of the actual product. You will find its signature logo displayed on race cars, snowboards and lots of other high-action sports gear and vehicles. The brand also uses apps to further support the interests of its fans.

jb-monster-energy.png

On Monster Energy’s Promotions app, users can click on a button to redeem downloadable content.

Not sure what content your fans want? Test, test and test! Try posting different types of status updates, related and not related to your product and company. Alsouse your Facebook Insights to see what your fans are engaging with the most, and then deliver more of it.

#9: Storytell With Video
Just because it’s a 100-year-old brand doesn’t mean Oreo approaches social media like it’s the olden days. This cookie company is creative! Oreo’s creativity really shines through in its Vine and Instagram videos, which it regularly shares on its Facebook page. Each video is fun and mouthwatering, too.

jb-oreo.png

Oreo shares a fun video made using the Vine app with its Facebook fans.

If you’re inexperienced in video marketing, that’s okay. Social Media Examiner has a variety of articles on the topic, and a good place to start is with Jon Loomer’s article on using video to improve your social media marketing. Start your video creations with free tools like Vine and Instagram.

#10: Capture the Mood of the Seasons
Starbucks knows that the seasons have a tendency to affect a person’s coffee choice and mood. The popular coffee chain is a pro at crafting Facebook posts that match how fans are likely feeling and what they’re craving. Take one glance at the photo below and you can’t help but want to bundle up with a warm cup of joe!

jb-starbucks.png

Starbucks shares a cozy photo featuring their Via Ready Brew product.

I recently did an article for Social Media Examiner that displayed 25 creative ways to use the cover photo and one of those was to change with the seasons or times. The same idea goes for your entire Facebook page. Find quirky holidays or seasons to play with and use them to change up your page.

Source: http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/10-facebook-tactics-by-top-brands/

[HASHTAG]#facebook[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#resources[/HASHTAG]

Last edited:

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
INSTAGRAM COMODO MENU CASE STUDY

YudTk9W.png

A new restaurant in New York City has implemented what it’s calling an Instagram menu, directing patrons to pictures of food posted on the popular photo-sharing site to help them decide what to order.

When three-week old Latin-American restaurant Comodo — located in Manhattan’s SoHo neighbourhood — noticed guests were repeatedly snapping pictures of their entrees and uploading them to Instagram, it decided to capitalize on the trend. The restaurant has embraced the hashtag [HASHTAG]#ComodoMenu[/HASHTAG] and added it to the bottom of its real-life menu, encouraging guests to add, share and check out photos of food offered at the establishment. It aims to help people decide what to order by searching the hashtag and seeing what others post.

This activation is great for different reasons:
  1. It taps into an established consumer behaviour, building on top of what people are naturally doing, and not forcing users to do an extra effort to engage with the business
  2. It takes advantage of user generated content, and not just for the sake of leveraging UGC. Comodo’s campaign turns UGC into customers’ recommendations helping out to pick a dish from the menu. That’s really important because customer reviews are significantly more trusted – nearly 12 times more – than descriptions that come from manufacturers, according to eMarketer
  3. It turns customers into advocates. Every brand is aiming to leverage the word of mouth potential that social networks offer, turning customers into advocates. Comodo’s campaign does it by just guiding Instagram users’ activity, not by asking to do something new
The results are good so far:

Almost 200 pictures have already been tagged in Instagram with [HASHTAG]#ComodoMenu[/HASHTAG], in just a couple of weeks. [I just checked as this article was written in Nov 2013 - now 1,760 pictures have been tagged with [HASHTAG]#ComodoMenu[/HASHTAG]]

The campaign is generating great PR for Comodo restaurant. It has been mentioned in a total of 472 tweets and 109 blogs have posted about the campaign. In total, it has generated 703 mentions of the Restaurant since they opened.

How to improve this activation? Maybe every dish should have its own hashtag to properly guide consumers and be able to discover pictures from each dish on the menu. I think it would be much better, especially when people are already used to place more than one hashtag on every picture.

Source: http://xavierfeliu.com/instagram-comodo-menu-case-study/

[HASHTAG]#casestudy[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#instagram[/HASHTAG]

Last edited:

PeteLife

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jul 5, 2011
BALTIMORE/DMV
An ecommerce store ran solely on FB without its own stand-alone website ... Interesting ...

http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/231381

Nine months ago, Corey O'Loughlin and Nina Vitalino launched their Facebook store Prep Obsessed; they are on track to record sales of $500,000 this year, with a healthy profit margin. Their startup represents a new business model that was all but unthinkable a few years ago: an online company without its own website.

"Our fans have loyalty to us--not Facebook," she says. "People feel really connected to us, because we are real people on Facebook. We are two friends running a business. There's something about Facebook that feels more personal, less like a business. That's helped us."

[HASHTAG]#casestudy[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#facebook[/HASHTAG]

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!