The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Can't make sense of these back-to-back sales

MoreVolume

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 6, 2016
NC
I've officially been in business since February. Things have been going extremely well.
But theres something that happens every week, and I can't make sense of....

Weekends are hectic, as far as sales are concerned. Orders all throughout the day.
Weekdays are slower, but at least 3/4 times a week, there are sales that ALWAYS happen within minutes of each other.
Ill get a sale at 6am. The another a 6:07am..followed by a lull
Or a customer will make a purchase at 2:30, followed up by someone else at 2:33..and for the next few hours nothing

I only advertise on IG, Twitter, FB and a few (3) forums.

Is there any way to make sense of this? Or is this just a coincidence. o_O

I'm trying to figure out if there is something specifically that is causing this.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Your website or on amazon?

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
Probably the times your ads run, the platforms will likely be showing your ad to multiple people at the same time, then due to budget restrictions or whatever, they stop.

MoreVolume

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 6, 2016
NC
Your website or on amazon?
My site. Im working on making it to Amazon right now

Probably the times your ads run, the platforms will likely be showing your ad to multiple people at the same time, then due to budget restrictions or whatever, they stop.
I could see that making sense, but the sales never correlate to the times that I post ads/content on social media. I only advertise on forums on Fridays
On social people often tag/share the link and buy together. If the traffic is coming from the same source, I'd guess so. I'd also consider a referral program if that's the case.
I see what you're saying.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
The only time I've experienced anything similar is when fraudulent orders come in in batches. Sometimes within minutes of each other. They are always international orders. Do you have fraud detection software on your website? Do you offer international shipping? Do you know if your website is listed on any hacking/CC sharing forums where they share websites that offer international shipping? Can you check your analytics to see if the sales are referred from the same place/website?

MoreVolume

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 6, 2016
NC
The only time I've experienced anything similar is when fraudulent orders come in in batches. Sometimes within minutes of each other. They are always international orders. Do you have fraud detection software on your website? Do you offer international shipping? Do you know if your website is listed on any hacking/CC sharing forums where they share websites that offer international shipping? Can you check your analytics to see if the sales are referred from the same place/website?
Shopify does offer fraud warnings and I do ship internationally, but these orders have been domestic. I don't think its a fraud issue.
But I must say that I am now worried about ending up on some hacker forum lol

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.