The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Can't Hurt Me - David Goggins

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Wow.

Is all I can say.

I was blown away by this book; by this man & his story.

I'm drawing so many parallels by what he says and entrepreneurship.

8103-4x5J7L.jpg

Here's the golden takeaway from this: "You can't have success without failure."

In other words, you can't evolve, you can't learn, you can't CHANGE without failing. Without tasting the dirt, without being in those hard times, you will never be successful.

David Goggins says in his Joe Rogan podcast, "You start putting yourself in situations that suck, you'll find yourself."

View: https://youtu.be/5tSTk1083VY?t=5668

That line has reverberated through my head all day.

You're not going to find the next business idea, you're not going to make your next breakthrough by wading in the shallow waters of your own comfort, you're going to find it digging in the trenches; challenging yourself in new arenas and putting yourself in situations that FORCE you to act, think, react, and reaccess differently.

Most of us won't really know who we are or what we're made of, until we're put in situations that SUCK.

Depressed or unsatisfied with life? I can almost guarantee it's because you have grown complacent with your potential. Because rarely is the man that is striving for something, sad about it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Fairhill

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Jun 7, 2018
100%. Read this book last summer and it blew me away. One of my main takeaways: there is so much greatness inside of us but we have to be willing to suffer.

He also inspired me to start running. I HATE running. Yet just ran my first 10k, and now I love to hate running if that makes sense.

"You must break the soul of whatever the F*ck is in front of you"

JayNelson

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Jul 7, 2020
Seattle, WA
Wow.

Is all I can say.

I was blown away by this book; by this man & his story.

I'm drawing so many parallels by what he says and entrepreneurship.

View attachment 34530

Here's the golden takeaway from this: "You can't have success without failure."

In other words, you can't evolve, you can't learn, you can't CHANGE without failing. Without tasting the dirt, without being in those hard times, you will never be successful.

David Goggins says in his Joe Rogan podcast, "You start putting yourself in situations that suck, you'll find yourself."

View: https://youtu.be/5tSTk1083VY?t=5668

That line has reverberated through my head all day.

You're not going to find the next business idea, you're not going to make your next breakthrough by wading in the shallow waters of your own comfort, you're going to find it digging in the trenches; challenging yourself in new arenas and putting yourself in situations that FORCE you to act, think, react, and reaccess differently.

Most of us won't really know who we are or what we're made of, until we're put in situations that SUCK.

Depressed or unsatisfied with life? I can almost guarantee it's because you have grown complacent with your potential. Because rarely is the man that is striving for something, sad about it.

Great book! Constantly had it playing when I first started running to help push me, especially the buds training part. I found alot of similarities in my life as well. On the other hand some things he endured I can't fathom.

I'd recommend reading "Living with a SEAL" by Jessie itzler. It's about a an entrepreneur who ends up having Goggins train him for 30 days with no excuses. This book came out long before Goggins went public, so he is only reffered to as SEAL in the book. Its a fun ride and I think you'd enjoy it.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Great book! Constantly had it playing when I first started running to help push me, especially the buds training part. I found alot of similarities in my life as well. On the other hand some things he endured I can't fathom.

I'd recommend reading "Living with a SEAL" by Jessie itzler. It's about a an entrepreneur who ends up having Goggins train him for 30 days with no excuses. This book came out long before Goggins went public, so he is only reffered to as SEAL in the book. Its a fun ride and I think you'd enjoy it.
I saw part of the JRE interview! I'll definitely check it out.

TheGreek

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Jul 27, 2020
Greece
It's an amazing book. Many of the things that mentioned inside should be common sense. Face your fears, be disciplined, do the work, tell the truth to yourself, don't be afraid to fail, etc. Ancient cultures used to embrace failure, rejection, and death for noble reasons. Today, we are weak...

"It’s so easy to be great nowadays, because everyone else is weak. If you have ANY mental toughness, if you have any fraction of self-discipline; The ability to not want to do it, but still do it; If you can get through to doing things that you hate to do: on the other side is greatness” – David Goggins

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
This is still one on my short list.... I need to get it.

QDF

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Jan 1, 2014
This is still one on my short list.... I need to get it.
Better get your running shoes ready.

I don't know about anyone else, but this audiobook turned me into Forrest Gump for a while lol

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Better get your running shoes ready.

I don't know about anyone else, but this audiobook turned me into Forrest Gump for a while lol
I could use some running haha.

• Haha
Reactions: QDF

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
There's a massive thread on this book already, please continue discussion there...

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads