The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Can you guys critique my google and fb ads

Juan Pimentel

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jul 10, 2019
Im not going to depend on ads to always get business but I hope this can boost my calls til I get more word to mouth recommendations. Please tell me what you think, what I can do better? Should I even spend money on ads ? Should I offer a discount on my services to get the word going?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Attachments

broswoodwork

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 16, 2015
Here's a few decent threads about marketing local services:
(The first one for derailed a bit, but got back on track)

Specific to adwords, the legendary Andy Black:

Tourmaline

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
I don't love the beginning of your FB ad. Saying 'right' makes you sound unconfident. Saying 'who' is not talking to the person directly.

How about something more like:

"Enjoy the comfort of your AC while we take care of your yard in this sweltering heat!"

Our pro team...

--

That's what you're getting at anyways. However I also question even advertising this on Facebook. Facebook is fun more than finding stuff for services that aren't fun. Perhaps if you made a fun or interested ad would that work better there?

As for your google ad, I would say something more than the name of your company and pro landscaping services. Put in that headline what makes you better than the 50 other landscaping companies in the person's area.

Jeff Noel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
Here's my opinion:

FB: Too much emojis. work on your sentence structure to punch and grab people's attention. Put higher quality pictures with better framing that focuses on what type of work you can achieve.

Google: Get a domain name. I'm not sure about the title, perhaps somebody with more experience could help you out.

PizzaOnTheRoof

1% Better Every Day
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
FB Ad
  • Seems a little unprofessional with all the emojis
  • Try to simplify the message
  • “Tired of doing yard work in this heat? Give us a call”
Google Ad
  • Include the location in the ad
  • The headline should mirror what your customer is searching
  • Here’s a template: “Austin TX Landcaping | Your local landscaping pros”
  • Make sure to take advantage of all ad extensions (callouts, snippets, phone number, services, etc)

Duane

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2015
Lakeland FL
Your ad should be laser focused on one service. Advertising for 3 separate services is casting a wide net and won't yield good on your conversions. The less you perform, the more you pay and less your shown vs your competition. I would focus all of my marketing efforts and dollars on the one service that makes the most profit, and then sell your other services after you've solidified them as your client.

Your fb ad is going in the right direction, but your google ad is really bland.. no focus on customer, area of service, phone number, nothing to grab their attention

Read the ultimate sales machine by Chet Holmes. It's a good place to start with advertising

OP
OP
Juan Pimentel

Juan Pimentel

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jul 10, 2019
Your ad should be laser focused on one service. Advertising for 3 separate services is casting a wide net and won't yield good on your conversions. The less you perform, the more you pay and less your shown vs your competition. I would focus all of my marketing efforts and dollars on the one service that makes the most profit, and then sell your other services after you've solidified them as your client.

Your fb ad is going in the right direction, but your google ad is really bland.. no focus on customer, area of service, phone number, nothing to grab their attention

Read the ultimate sales machine by Chet Holmes. It's a good place to start with advertising

Attachments

CareCPA

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
These don't tell me what you do.
I would click on ad that says "Lawn Mowing - Mesa Arizona - within 48 hours or it's free!"
Tell me what you do, where you do it, and why I should pick you (in this case, speed).

OP
OP
Juan Pimentel

Juan Pimentel

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jul 10, 2019
I would click on ad that says "Lawn Mowing - Mesa Arizona - within 48 hours or it's free!"
Tell me what you do, where you do it, and why I should pick you (in this case, speed).
Okay yeah thats more clear thank you!

Duane

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2015
Lakeland FL
And you want that in the big font at the top. That's what people are going to read. 48 hours or it's free will definitely grab my attention and click on your website

thomashoi

Contributor
Apr 3, 2012
Singapore
Your FB ad need to have some emotion to connect to your customers. Record a video of a guy doing all the hard work of mowing lawn under the hot sun, sweating and at the end, lawn is ugly and the guy having backaches.... then another guy makes a phone call, he watches tv, lawn get beautifully done, guy is satisfied!

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Not sure if I'm the only one, but do people still look at Google ads in the search results nowadays?
I've developed this auto-skip habit whereby after the search results load, my eyes would immediately skip down a few inches to the 2nd or 3rd piece of result because I know the ones at the top are all G-ads.

Andy Black

Any colour, as long as it's red.
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Try not to judge ads or landing pages in isolation. It helps to know what the person was doing when they see your ad, and why.

For the Google Ad:

What’s the search term?

What do the competing ads look like on desktop, and mobile?

Can you drop a screenshot of your search term and the Google search results so we can see what you ad will compete with?

MoreValue

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Sep 9, 2018
For the Google AdWords,

I do not think you should use the main heading for your business name because frankly nobody cares about it.

The Title should be used to highlight the want of their end goal. Add a free offer or deal and cinch with CTA

Quick Example:

Heading: Fast Tree Cutting Service in Dallas, TX.
Ad Text: Free assessment! Call us Today

Like what others said, focus on single service for each ad

Monkeycom

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 20, 2019
UK
Not sure if I'm the only one, but do people still look at Google ads in the search results nowadays?
I've developed this auto-skip habit whereby after the search results load, my eyes would immediately skip down a few inches to the 2nd or 3rd piece of result because I know the ones at the top are all G-ads.
Totally agree! I'd hire a professional to do that for me, it could save you a fair amount of money. I know that Andy is pretty skilled for helping local businesses with their ads.

MoreValue

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Sep 9, 2018
Totally agree! I'd hire a professional to do that for me, it could save you a fair amount of money. I know that Andy is pretty skilled for helping local businesses with their ads.
Now that you mention it, I do exactly the same thing

OP
OP
Juan Pimentel

Juan Pimentel

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jul 10, 2019
Dude it work i just got a 700 dollar job thanks for the advice

Nice_home

Contributor
Feb 19, 2019
Here is a great tool for I've used for FB ads:

I've used this [they have a free trial]. I upload 3 images. 3 sets of titles. 3 sets of texts. And then I mess with the other functions and targeting. It will mix and match and give me like 50 ads which I can then launch simultaneously. I turn off the ones that don't work. Keep the best and launch another campaign (with further tweaks).

After I did that 5-10 times (250 to 500 ads) I started to get an idea of what works and doesn't on FB.

pkom79

Facebook Marketing Enthusiast
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Sep 24, 2012
South Florida
Facebook Ads

Creatives (the most important to get attention)
  • before and after (videos, images, time-lapse)
  • person talking about the service
  • testimonials (this one is big)
Headline:
I would put your main offer in there. Something like: We'll Mow Your Lawn For $49

Ad copy:
  • Call out your audience: Residents of Mesa, AZ!
  • Emojis are fine, but don't overuse it. Your ad copy should be clear and easy to read.
  • State clearly your offer. Include any guarantees you provide.
  • Include Call To Action - Call Now, Click Here To Learn More, etc.
What happens when people click through the ad? Do you have a dedicated landing page? How do you collect leads? Your ad is only a part of your funnel make sure that the entire funnel works.

Achieve_Bay

New Contributor
Sep 5, 2019
from my experience posting on Google Ads (I have no experience with facebook ads, sorry lol) is that people tend to just ignore and scroll past the ad results and just look at the organic regular results. This can be countered with a eye-catching Google Ad title.

For example: My company works in the Mobile App Development business and needless to say the prices are incredibly high. So what we did was we decided to create a promotion where we would give 30% off the client's budget for whatever reason (we said we knocked 30% off because we were celebrating summer) then we went on to say how we work with your budget. This helped bring in a lot more new clients because our Google Ad quickly helped them solve an issue that a lot of other companies weren't willing to deal with; their pockets. We may have not been able to make as much money as we could've if the clients paid full price, but 30% off of something is still waaayyyy more than 100% of nothing.

So my advice to you is to maybe brainstorm a few ways to catch the lazy googler's eye with a solution to a problem a lot of them may be facing

OP
OP
Juan Pimentel

Juan Pimentel

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jul 10, 2019
from my experience posting on Google Ads (I have no experience with facebook ads, sorry lol) is that people tend to just ignore and scroll past the ad results and just look at the organic regular results. This can be countered with a eye-catching Google Ad title.

For example: My company works in the Mobile App Development business and needless to say the prices are incredibly high. So what we did was we decided to create a promotion where we would give 30% off the client's budget for whatever reason (we said we knocked 30% off because we were celebrating summer) then we went on to say how we work with your budget. This helped bring in a lot more new clients because our Google Ad quickly helped them solve an issue that a lot of other companies weren't willing to deal with; their pockets. We may have not been able to make as much money as we could've if the clients paid full price, but 30% off of something is still waaayyyy more than 100% of nothing.

So my advice to you is to maybe brainstorm a few ways to catch the lazy googler's eye with a solution to a problem a lot of them may be facing
Thank you!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom